Author Topic: 6' tall on a C5? Better seating options?  (Read 6667 times)

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 08:51:16 pm
OK- here are some really bad photos, but I hope they get the idea across.  Dianna says the foam in the stock seat id open cell, and she had never seen stuff like was in there before.  What a surprise.  So anyhoo- she uses closed cell foam with a thin top layer of memory foam.  In my case (as always) she filled in the "scoop" and dug out the back some so the seat would be flat flat flat.   IMO, scooped seats maede out of soft foam feel good fopr a half hour and then you want to kill yourself.  This seat is quite firm, but I can sit clost to the tank of gointo a full tack and it's all good.

She also does a little scoop/indent at the back so you tailbone has room. 
These pictures are of the bike on a center stand, so the seat will actually be more horizontal whilel sitting on it.
This is basically the same thing Sargent Seats does without all the cost and rigamaril.
Run what ya brung

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 08:54:09 pm
The stock seats have a similar scoop.  If I was going to be using the stock seat, I would do the same thing.  If I was tall, I would do the same while adding another inch to make it taller still.

The old ironing board seats and BMW seats from the 70's were VERY comfortable and they were all wide and flat.
Run what ya brung

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 09:46:20 pm
http://www.biltwellinc.com/seats.php

This is what I did. 

How long is that seat front to back?

I agree, flat is good.  Or at least not terribly sculpted.  I like a little lip at the back just so I know where it is but I don't sit on it.

Scott

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 01:35:51 am
If you mean me;

There's a picture of it on page 12 of the new cataloque, but no measurements...
The back ends about whee the stock seat does, but over-all it's about 3 inches shorter to accomodate the Clubman tank, which is bigger than the stock gas tank.
I also use rear-sets, so it all works together pretty well.
Run what ya brung