Author Topic: shocks on Bullet (compared to Hinckley Bonnie)  (Read 2338 times)

fyr

• Scooter
on: July 31, 2010, 11:48:09 pm
So I went and FINALLY saw a C5.. LIKE it!
However Id like to know how the suspension holds up compared to a newer Triumph Bonneville.
Reason: I had the bonnie and really liked it, however it was brutal on the back.. Any comments?

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 12:18:32 am
I sold a 05 Bonnie to buy a C5, The Enfield is a lot easier on my back.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

fyr

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 03:47:07 am
Thx!
I see from your handle that you are partial to motorrad. Ive got an R100S. Hows the back compared to that on your C5

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 02:32:48 pm
I rode BMW's for a few years with Corbin seats, they didn't hurt my back at all, I've done a few 300 mile days on the C5 without any problems. I have three herniated disc's in my lower back so I don't push it too hard any more, but I get along with the C5 just fine. I think your height and weight have a lot to do with it, what works well for me may not work well for others. :)
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 07:41:54 pm
I thought the rear suspension was very hard when I first got the bike. I'm 70kg, (154lb), and the shocks were on the middle setting. I didn't change the setting partly because I was used to rock hard Italian bikes in the 1980s and partly because I had plans to replace the shocks with Hagons sooner rather than later. However over a couple of thousand miles they started to work a lot better and I think they're pretty decent now.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 08:29:50 pm
I put mine on the softest setting, pefect for me. :D
Iron Butt Association

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 12:57:15 am
Has anyone found their optimal suspension setting? Chime in with your setting and if bold enough, your weight. :) I'm interested in some opinions before I go fiddling. I'm on the stock setting now (almost full hardness).

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 01:57:26 am
Well, I weigh 180 and have them set at the softest setting.
Iron Butt Association

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 02:53:02 am
185lbs, softest for me 'cept when the Sidecar is on.  I find it handles better stiffened up with the Hack.
Any other Enfields in New England?