Author Topic: what brand is it  (Read 1568 times)

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
on: July 12, 2010, 02:49:36 pm
since me and wifey discontinued cable tv and went with an antenna, we added netflix and got addicted to bbc re-runs. we got into a couple of older dramas, ballykissangel and monarch of the glen. a character shows up in season 4 of monarch.. on a norton commando...sweeet.

but, in ballyk, a fellow shows up and has a brit-styled single (it only appears in one episode-4th season, i think) and i cannot teel the brand. it looks like an r.e. and has chrome on the sides of the tank. any ballyk fans out there that knows the bike?
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:36:29 pm
since me and wifey discontinued cable tv and went with an antenna, we added netflix and got addicted to bbc re-runs. we got into a couple of older dramas, ballykissangel and monarch of the glen. a character shows up in season 4 of monarch.. on a norton commando...sweeet.

but, in ballyk, a fellow shows up and has a brit-styled single (it only appears in one episode-4th season, i think) and i cannot teel the brand. it looks like an r.e. and has chrome on the sides of the tank. any ballyk fans out there that knows the bike?

No, but ain't Netflix great? We dumped cable years ago and strangely enough also started watching bbc re-runs... All Creatures Great and Small is a favorite over here.

Down with cable..... starve the big fat cable piggy... Huzzah!
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 05:53:22 am
yep, screw overpriced cable and dish prices. i have some strange tastes, so some may not like it, but there are 3 seasons of a brit show called 'the IT crowd' on netflix. it is a hoot. there are new episodes but i can't make the player on www.channel4.com work. and yes, netflix good!   ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:28:29 pm by rideOn »
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Archersix

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 04:50:50 am
My favorite is "Allo' Allo' "

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 02:36:54 pm
alo alo ( french resistance)...That was a great show.  I like Last of the summer wine too.
Oh Magoo you done it again