Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 337825 times)

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #855 on: May 17, 2013, 07:59:03 pm
Well the weather sure doesn't seem like it wants to cooperate this year. Looks like I won't be riding to the lunch this time around. Hopefully i make it if not I'll see you all at a backfire night in Ballard or at the LeMay Museum bike event at the end of August! I believe the LeMay event is August 24th?

Damon
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #856 on: May 17, 2013, 11:09:26 pm
The weather does not look great for tomorrow but I was looking at an hourly forecast and it shows mostly rain in the morning and clearing after noon.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #857 on: May 18, 2013, 01:30:42 am
Driving a car is just one more way to get there.

Don't let the weather stop you from going.

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #858 on: May 18, 2013, 03:46:44 am
Weather forecast for Seattle.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Seattle+WA+USWA0395:1:US?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

As of 7:45 P.M. PST avg. chance of precip 30%

I'll take those odds.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #859 on: May 18, 2013, 06:35:52 am
Weather forecast for Seattle.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Seattle+WA+USWA0395:1:US?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

As of 7:45 P.M. PST avg. chance of precip 30%

I'll take those odds.

Well the weather sure doesn't seem like it wants to cooperate this year. Looks like I won't be riding to the lunch this time around. Hopefully i make it if not I'll see you all at a backfire night in Ballard or at the LeMay Museum bike event at the end of August! I believe the LeMay event is August 24th?

Damon

Come on guys!  30% Chance of rain, that's nothing.  Besides, a little rain never hurt anyone.  That's why they make motorcycle rain suits!  Sorry, I live in Denver and won't be on this ride, but I've been excited for you guys for months, and I don't think anyone should bail on this ride because of a 30% chance of rain.  Unless you're a newbie and are not comfortable with it.  Just my 2 cents.    :)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #860 on: May 19, 2013, 07:24:53 pm
A small group of us at Nickerson yesterday, but as always, a good time with good people. Four Enfields, all so different from each other and all so cool, and 8 folks total. Lady Enfield came all the way from Spokane, and we also got to meet Duncan who is planning a winter trip to India and will be riding an Enfield in the Himalayas. It was great to meet them!  Jessie showed up just as we were all starting to leave, and we got to see him and his new Guzzi purchase.
It sounds like there was a technical issue of a flat tire that hindered the group riding together from showing up. Did that all turn out ok???  We were talking about meeting at Smartypants on a summer weekend because we missed seeing everyone and their bikes this time.
Jessie- did any of your pics turn out good for posting?
-Amanda

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #861 on: May 19, 2013, 07:44:54 pm
Glad to hear y'all didn't totally get rained out! Pics please!
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #862 on: May 20, 2013, 02:52:40 am
 Six had to cancel but despite poor weather between Olympia and Kent and a flat tire, six of us managed to make it up from the south.

We exchanged waves with blltrdr on our way in and jest2dogs was waiting for us when we got there.

Lady_Enfield came back to hang out and the whole lot of us had a bunch of laughs, some good food and an overall good time.

This years longest distance ridden award goes to Stealhbomber who rode his cafe racer " incendiary bullet" all the way from lower Thurston county.

Longest distance traveled award goes to Lady_Enfield who traveled from Spokane just to hang out with the likes of us.

Most determined award goes to curtisbelford. His bullet is down for mechanical issues at the moment so he did the next best thing and brought parts of it

The return trip featured only one detour, no traffic jams, far fewer icy paindrops in the face and almost no hypothermia and we all made it home.

It was a very good day.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:55:41 am by Ice »

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #863 on: May 20, 2013, 07:34:58 am
 we talking about meeting at Smartypants on a summer weekend because we missed seeing everyone and their bikes this time.
 ;D

wild bill, josh and me will be there

dunters

• Scooter
Reply #864 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:08 pm
Yeah, it was great to meet some of you and catch up with others. Mike and others, sorry we missed you. Being there was definitely a kick in the ass to get my RE running. Hopefully by the next backfire.

...oh yeah, and I'm always up for Smarty Pants. Keep us posted on dates.

cheers,
-duncan

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #865 on: May 20, 2013, 06:27:44 pm
It sounds like the meet happened in two shifts this year.  I'm so sorry that we missed you all in the 2nd shift!  If I'd known you were definitely on your way, I would have hung around longer for sure. Did you all fix the flat by the side of the road?
-Amanda

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #866 on: May 21, 2013, 12:45:07 am
Sorry us south-side boys and girl were a little late for the first shift.  We were just having too much quality time with our bikes in England weather and lost track of time.  Royal Enfields love England weather.  That's why they like to breakdown in it.  I love England weather too.  That's why I love riding my Royal Enfield in England weather.  It was a good adventure and comradely with good people on the road experiencing the elements and roadside repairs, as only proper for real motorcycle people that we are.

It was great to see Lady_Enfield and jest2dogs at the Nick, two very nice people.  Royal Enfield people are good people.  We had a little to eat and a little to drink and a lot of good motorcycle talk.

The Harris Scrambler and I got home about 11:00 PM.   Lots of fun, a very good day indeed.  I love it!

Cheers,
Bill               
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:53:11 am by Bill Harris »

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #867 on: May 21, 2013, 02:46:23 am
I completely forgot about this! Yes, I suck.  :'( Sorry to miss everyone.

Eamon
Eamon

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #868 on: May 21, 2013, 04:04:39 am
No worries mate.

There is the rendezvous at Smartypants  ;D

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #869 on: May 21, 2013, 04:22:47 am
Hey Everbody,

I had a great time Saturday, sorry we missed you guys.
 I waited for a while down in Kent for the group, I even headed to Auburn to see if I could run into you all but by the time I got to Hinshaws it was pouring hard and my jeans were soaked. I thought maybe I missed the group so I just turned around and headed to the Nick. I think I passed You guys on my way back south on 15th when you were heading north. Bummer.
 I hope we get it all worked out for another meet up later in the summer at Smartypants!!
 Otherwise I hope to see you all at the Lemay on the 24th of August for the motorcycle show!

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/events.php?eid=1129

Damon
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:14:56 pm by fvtenfanatic »
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan