Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 337771 times)

ranger800

• Scooter
Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 03:41:46 am
hey tekhardt, you are in edmonds?

awesome!

want to meet at engel's pub friday or saturday night?

i don't know if i will be able to bring the RE, so i might be on my suzuki marauder...

i haven't had the time yet to fully look at why my headlight isn't working...
i don't have much sunlight after i get off work.

if you see me at engels, i usually have a brown leather jacket and black gloves, and i wear glasses... and i'm 26 years old. so if you see me give me a holler

ryan

500KsGerry

• Grand Gearhead
  • Remember when decency wasn't a option?
Reply #46 on: March 08, 2009, 10:38:07 pm
Lake Stevens washington...the  ghetto  part :-[
Modified 2001 Royal Enfield bullet 500

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #47 on: March 10, 2009, 08:32:05 am
North Thurston county checking in here.
No I haven't found my Bullet yet but do ride my big twin year round as long as the temp is above +42 F
No matter where you go, there, you are.

SLOhound

• Scooter
Reply #48 on: March 11, 2009, 07:01:27 pm
My Military and I live in Seattle, Phinney Ridge neighborhood.  I see Eamon riding though a lot lately.  It's good to see other RE's.

500KsGerry

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: March 11, 2009, 09:25:41 pm
No I haven't found my Bullet yet but do ride my big twin year round as long as the temp is above +42 F

Ice  might wanna check this out. Gerry

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/1061839252.html

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 12:18:35 am

Ice  might wanna check this out. Gerry

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/1061839252.html

Thanks Dude.,,,,,don't know how i missed that one,,,,just sent him an e mail.

Slarsonroy

• Scooter
Reply #51 on: March 13, 2009, 01:12:24 am
I live in Iowa now, but I lived in Oak Harbor and Coupeville, on Whidbey Island, for 10 years (1983-1992) while in the Navy. Washington is where I first caught the vintage bike bug and when I bought my first basket case, a 1970 BSA Lightning. This was before ebay and I sold it to a guy in LA through the trader magazines. 300 plus "project bikes" later, I bought a basket case RE, which turned out to have a bad sprag starter clutch.  Ive always admired them and I finally got one! My wife and I rode my 79 Triumph (that I bought at Dewey Cycle) to the Isle of Vashon ride a couple times and we used to have a great time at Teddys for the VME meets and trackng down old bikes in the Seattle area.  We hope to return when we retire because we really miss the NW.
Scott-Glenwood, Iowa
2006 Enfield Bullet Classic 500 KS only
Many japanese, british and Italian projects
2007 H-D Ultra Classic

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #52 on: March 13, 2009, 02:12:44 am
Who has the Military I see parked on aurora across from greenlake? I keep meaning to walk over one day and say hello.

500KsGerry

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: March 13, 2009, 03:47:56 am

don't know how i missed that one,,,,just sent him an e mail.
[/quote]
 Good luck on that Ice. Hope its a good  one.  Gerry
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:51:27 am by 500KsGerry »

500KsGerry

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: March 13, 2009, 05:33:48 am
Anyone ever thought about a Wash State RE association ? just a thought...never mind the dork....Gerry

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: March 13, 2009, 04:20:02 pm
     I have offered to volunteer my store as a starting point for a group ride. If you guys want some thing more organized you could use the store as a sort of head quarters . You could meet here (I will spring for donuts!) . or use it as a mail drop for some thing that may not lend itself to email. I'm open for suggestions.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #56 on: March 13, 2009, 07:02:07 pm
Anyone ever thought about a Wash State RE association ? just a thought...never mind the dork....Gerry

Gerry, you know what's dorky, stupid looking patches and dumb acronyms! If something was started without those two things in mind I could probably get on board. I think you would have to have North & South chapters where each chapter meets separately and then so many times a year the two can get together for meetings, rides or other functions. It's amazing to me how many Bullet owners are in Washington on this forum. A bike club seems very feasible.

Blltrdr.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:05:01 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

Teebo

• Scooter
Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 08:14:56 am
Group ride would be great though I still have more break in to do first. I'm out in Puyallup.
REA # 118
2009 Bullet G5 Deluxe EFI
2007 HD Softail Deluxe
Olympia WA

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 09:13:07 pm

Gerry, you know what's dorky, stupid looking patches and dumb acronyms! If something was started without those two things in mind I could probably get on board. I think you would have to have North & South chapters where each chapter meets separately and then so many times a year the two can get together for meetings, rides or other functions. It's amazing to me how many Bullet owners are in Washington on this forum. A bike club seems very feasible.

Blltrdr.

Kind of what I was thinking minus the "chapter" thing.
 more like group/gaggle/bunch
Not real restrictive or overly organized. Getting"serious" about something usually takes most of the fun out of that thing.
Instead of a chapter president you could have a local "instigator" information host. ;D
 If someone wants an identifier/logo I would think a simple R.E. patch,logo shirt,ball cap, sticker on the rear window or tail gate would suffice.  ;)
 A dealership decal could serve to Identify the riders home "range".
Stands to reason If we were attention whores we would all ride exotic$ and over the top cu$tom V8 choppers and such.

Group rides would be fantastic especially if bullet fans who have yet to purchase one were welcomed to come along.

Just some random thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #59 on: March 19, 2009, 07:29:10 pm
My military's usually parked under the viaduct (the Aurora/Greenlake one is not me).  I'm in for a group ride once my bike's running proper...especially if we leave from somewhere near Seattle.