Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 336717 times)

Lady_Enfield

• Scooter
  • Bluce
Reply #870 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:28 pm
Hey Everbody,

I had a great time Saturday, sorry we missed you guys.
 I waited for a while down in Kent for the group, I even headed to Auburn to see if I could run into you all but by the time I got to Hinshaws it was pouring hard and my jeans were soaked. I thought maybe I missed the group so I just turned around and headed to the Nick. I think I passed You guys on my way back south on 15th when you were heading north. Bummer.
 I hope we get it all worked out for another meet up later in the summer at Smartypants!!
 Otherwise I hope to see you all at the Lemay on the 24th of August for the motorcycle show!

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/events.php?eid=1129

Damon
I am Multi-FUNctional!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #871 on: May 21, 2013, 08:54:40 pm
Sorry I was out of town and had to miss it this year, though sounds like I ended up drier for the choice.  I'll see if I can make another meet up this year if there is one.

Damon, thanks for posting that bit on the BMWs at the museum.  I may try to make that too.

Scott

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #872 on: May 21, 2013, 09:11:43 pm
Hey Scotty,

The event at the Museum is an all motorcycle event that the featured marque this year is BMW's.  it is open to all manufacturers and I believe actually this year is open to all years, at least I cant find any info that says a certain year and older. I remember last years  was old bikes only

Damon
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #873 on: May 22, 2013, 07:19:10 am
CONTINGENT I  (Sorry, I missed taking pics of the bike-less attendees.)

I was "in town" for a multitude of errands. Of six tasks I only passed on one (the Aerostich event on N34th). It was a pretty successful day for me. I made the ferries (both ways, drove right on), I got to road test a new Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, was handed an "envelope" ($$ :O), checked out new helmets and gear at Seattle Cycle, bought a "new" (to me) Moto Guzzi Breva 750 ...AND got to meet up with some of the nicest people I've ever met, my Enfield friends.

I thought I'd be too late (like last year when "Ennie" failed me and, after exasperating attempts at resuscitation, I threw a leg over the Breva only to arrive at the Nick minutes after the last Enfield had departed :'(), but I lucked out, and three bikes and 6 owners remained. Actually, we were the only ones that got there for the appointed time. There was a missing contingent- held up by RE-ism. I managed to take some pics before this group departed at ~4PM, then I sat down and ordered a sandwich.  I don't know if all the pics will fit in this response, I may have to "print what fits" ;) (See next post for "2nd Contingent".)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:13:49 am by jest2dogs »
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #874 on: May 22, 2013, 07:52:13 am
CONTINGENT II

About 15 minutes had passed since the 1st group left and I was decidedly alone:
[/URL]

Then, that distinctive thumper sound was heard, and suddenly I was not alone:

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

The trouble maker ;):
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Very custom:[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

The "Chameleon":
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Big & Beautiful:
[/URL]

Okay, we'll allow this :o:
[/URL]

Well, it is an Enfield event:
[/URL]

But more bikes were on hand in the 2nd Contingent than the first:
[/URL]

Well, yes, I was there, too (and there's "Lady_Enfield"/Rita in the background, she returned to add Continuity to Contingent!):

[/URL]

And I was pretty happy for a couple of reasons; seeing my Enfield friends and...
[/URL]

Despite the "shifts" we managed to meet, though some met less than others. Sorry I missed pics of the non-riders in the 1st Contingent.

-Jesse
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:58:22 am by jest2dogs »
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #875 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03:36 pm
These are great pictures, Jesse...and so nice to see the 2nd contingent through the pictures at least.  Thank you for documenting the day and sharing.  Besides it being a great time to chat with other folks who love Enfields, it's always such a kick to see all the varieties of REs and the different modifications.  p.s- I look a little intimidating with my new face mask on (or maybe that's just my secret wish). ;)

Lady_Enfield

• Scooter
  • Bluce
Reply #876 on: May 22, 2013, 10:11:44 pm
To clarify I was intimidated.... :-X

These are great pictures, Jesse...and so nice to see the 2nd contingent through the pictures at least.  Thank you for documenting the day and sharing.  Besides it being a great time to chat with other folks who love Enfields, it's always such a kick to see all the varieties of REs and the different modifications.  p.s- I look a little intimidating with my new face mask on (or maybe that's just my secret wish). ;)
I am Multi-FUNctional!

curtisbelford

• Scooter
Reply #877 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:04 am
Well as for that big and beautiful bike. I did bring my RE head with me in that big bag on the back seat you see. Unfortunately the rest of the RE could not make it for her first meet with the group.  :'(  But I did meet some great people already and hope to be ready for the next.

Lady_Enfield

• Scooter
  • Bluce
Reply #878 on: June 18, 2013, 03:43:26 am
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guess whose bike is FIXED!!!  And running like a machine!  Yeah! I am so happy!

Clocked 100 miles already...she is a dream machine.  Well on a two-lane curvy road.
I am Multi-FUNctional!

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #879 on: June 18, 2013, 03:59:06 am
so what was the Malady???
         - Mike

so glad you are up and running!!!
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #880 on: June 19, 2013, 02:00:43 am
Good news indeed, Lady_Enfield.  So glad you got the machine back in the machine!  ;)
I too just love those two-lane curvy roads.  They make me smile.

Royal Enfield people on two-lane curvy roads are good people.

Cheers,
Bill   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:49:34 am by Bill Harris »

Lady_Enfield

• Scooter
  • Bluce
Reply #881 on: June 19, 2013, 03:15:12 am
Well it had been mentioned time and time again...might be something simple....

The air hose from the breather box to air filter box was clamped in about half, clutch cable added some extra pressure to make sure no air got through!  (Done by yours truly) and that whole I might as well rejet the carb while it's apart (again me) bad mojo.

So lessons learned, pride minus 2 but I am riding and I think to myself...that is the bottom line.

Air....Fuel....Spark....

Thank you for all the help and well wishes! 
I am Multi-FUNctional!

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #882 on: June 19, 2013, 08:03:40 pm
The C5 military cafe is truly one of a kind.

curtisbelford

• Scooter
Reply #883 on: June 25, 2013, 08:41:04 am
Got mine up and running now. Took it out for a test ride, all is good then my battery cover falls off. What next L.M.A.O.  ;D

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #884 on: August 09, 2013, 10:41:51 am
 There's a Backfire Moto this month and the Vintage Motorcycle Festival and swap meet will be held on the grounds of the Lemay museum in Tacoma on the 24th & 25th
No matter where you go, there, you are.