Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 338148 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #1095 on: June 24, 2015, 01:54:05 am
I just want to say Hi.  I just got my 2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon around June 1st from Scoot About, AKA Royal Enfield of Seattle.  I now have 330 miles on it. 

Right after my 300 mi service I stopped in a parking lot and learned why you always put the uphill foot down when stopping on a slope.  Yep, I tipped over.  It was very embarrassing, but a good lesson, and no harm done.  Luckily, I had just installed a "butterfly" crash guard. 

Since then, I put a Premium EFI silencer on which I love, Power Commander, and K&N air filter.  I have somewhat documented how the process went for me under a thread about silencers in the UCE section.  I live in Shoreline, north Seattle and will enjoy meeting and riding with you all some time.  I am really impressed how many of us are in the N.W.  I counted 63 on this thread the other day.  Wow!  There must be something in the air up here!

I was at the 55th Backfire Moto event in Ballard last week and it was pretty cool.  There might have been around 100 bikes there (it seemed like it) and there were 2 other RE's that I saw, a military, and a sidecar classic wrapped in a gin company advertisement.

I want to come right out and say also, that as much as I love old British bikes, and the astounding beauty of the RE's, what I really love is that they are made in India.  I dearly love India and I am deeply humbled to be so privileged to own a Royal Enfield.

Namaste
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

sven trials

• Scooter
Reply #1096 on: June 24, 2015, 02:25:57 am
Good to have you aboard!  You have a few Bulleteers nearby in Shorline.  If you are planning a ride, toss it up hear if you are into riding with others.

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #1097 on: June 24, 2015, 03:40:09 am
Narada,

Hi and Welcome! I think we met last week at Boeing in Renton. If I am right I am gad to see you posting and introducing yourself! this is the place to be to find out anything function we put together for the Seattle and Northwest Area!

Damon

I just want to say Hi.  I just got my 2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon around June 1st from Scoot About, AKA Royal Enfield of Seattle.  I now have 330 miles on it. 

Right after my 300 mi service I stopped in a parking lot and learned why you always put the uphill foot down when stopping on a slope.  Yep, I tipped over.  It was very embarrassing, but a good lesson, and no harm done.  Luckily, I had just installed a "butterfly" crash guard. 

Since then, I put a Premium EFI silencer on which I love, Power Commander, and K&N air filter.  I have somewhat documented how the process went for me under a thread about silencers in the UCE section.  I live in Shoreline, north Seattle and will enjoy meeting and riding with you all some time.  I am really impressed how many of us are in the N.W.  I counted 63 on this thread the other day.  Wow!  There must be something in the air up here!

I was at the 55th Backfire Moto event in Ballard last week and it was pretty cool.  There might have been around 100 bikes there (it seemed like it) and there were 2 other RE's that I saw, a military, and a sidecar classic wrapped in a gin company advertisement.

I want to come right out and say also, that as much as I love old British bikes, and the astounding beauty of the RE's, what I really love is that they are made in India.  I dearly love India and I am deeply humbled to be so privileged to own a Royal Enfield.

Namaste
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #1098 on: June 24, 2015, 04:34:33 am
Hi Damon,

That was me.  I really enjoyed talking with you while seeing and hearing your Continental 612!

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.  It would be fun to do an RE ride or meet, this summer.  It is a challenge to take the time from my regular life to ride but I am getting out whenever I'm able.

I love my new EFI silencer!  It has the sound I was looking for when I listened to your bike.  Mine's just a stock UCE 500, but it sounds completely cool to me.  I also love the classic design of the silencer.  Just like they were back in the day!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

sven trials

• Scooter
Reply #1099 on: July 18, 2015, 11:14:16 pm
Bullet spotted in Belfair Friday.  I was getting propane and heard a unusual but familiar sound. Saw someone riding their Bullet down Hwy 3.  Wish that was riding, but filling propane tanks took priority..

mikail gransee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1100 on: July 30, 2015, 02:20:24 am
Bullet spotted in Belfair Friday.  I was getting propane and heard a unusual but familiar sound. Saw someone riding their Bullet down Hwy 3.  Wish that was riding, but filling propane tanks took priority..

They are out there.....sneeky Enfields....you hear 'em before you see 'em! 8)
-"ONCE YOU STOP CONTRIBUTING, YOU BEGIN TO DIE",   -ELENOR ROOSEVELT

1999 Enfield Bullet
1977 Yamaha xs360 TD
1978 Yamaha xs 400 D
2005 Yamaha YZF 600R
2007 Honda CBR 1000RR

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1101 on: August 13, 2015, 09:35:04 pm
 I think I need a 350.  Road trip ?
No matter where you go, there, you are.

sven trials

• Scooter
Reply #1102 on: August 14, 2015, 02:54:09 am
http://www.evergreenamca.org/swap-meet-flyer.html

Maybe a RE 350 will be there for ya!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1103 on: August 14, 2015, 03:56:14 am
 We go almost every year.  :D 

You going ?

sven trials

• Scooter
Reply #1104 on: August 14, 2015, 03:56:37 pm
Ya, on Saturday.  I'm bringing my boys, teaching them the value of looking at old bikes.

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #1105 on: August 19, 2015, 04:42:39 am
This weekend is the Meet at the LeMay museum in Tacoma. Lots of vintage bikes in the big show Saturday. I'll be going Sunday morning for the ride through the Mt. Rainier Valley. Great easy going group ride with lots of vintage bikes and newer stuff.
 Only $20 for the ride and it includes a lunch at the museum at the end.

Damon
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1106 on: August 19, 2015, 09:45:27 pm
I should have asked this sooner but didn't think of it.  I'm on vacation in Seattle with my family for a few days.  Any recommendations on fun stuff for 5 year olds?

Thanks,
Scott

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1107 on: August 19, 2015, 10:07:14 pm

Take the tyke to the Zoo and the aquarium ! 

In the Pikes Place Market there is a performance artist.
She stands perfectly posed and painted as a bronze statue from the Victorian era and is easily mistaken for such by passers by.

Throw a buck in her hat and she slowly changes pose with perfectly smooth slow motion and mechanical like precision.

The closest she has ever come to going out of charterer is wry smile while giving a wink.

It's cool for us adults to see but kids are just amazed.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1108 on: August 20, 2015, 04:01:52 am
We'll probably hit the zoo.  Mom said no aquarium this trip.  Pike Place Market on Sunday.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1109 on: October 07, 2015, 09:36:27 pm
226 days  ;)