Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 337798 times)

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
on: December 28, 2007, 05:37:42 pm
    Seems like a fair number of Bullet riders live in Wa. State. I thought I'd start a thread on it and see if we could list everyone. I live in Puyallup with my new 2007 500 Classic.
    I know stipa lives really close to me with his Bullet 65.prof_stack lives in Seattle and is thinking of buying one when Vince gets in some more lean burn models.jonapplegate bought one from Vince and also lives in Seattle.I know there is a small group of Bullet riders in Olympia-anyone from that bunch on this list?
    Maybe we could do something like some kind of a group ride on some nice country backroads next summer or something. Riding in a group of Bullets would be a hoot!
    By then I'll have mine well broken in and any bugs ironed out hopefully.I think theres a pocket of riders here and with the great dealer we have in Vince we have a solid foundation.
    Thanks, Jon
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:00:26 am by birdmove »
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 06:09:55 pm
Jon, contact donstrickler@Hotmail.com. He's been working on getting a group together. He is always looking for a new riding buddy and he loves to ride. He's a lot of fun and a real nice guy. I know you would hit it off.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 08:45:48 pm
Eamon here in Seattle.  Yeah, it would be fun to have a meet up and/or ride in the next year.  I've been very busy of late but hope to get back to more regular riding soon.  Hi Vince!

Eamon
Eamon

stipa

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 09:12:38 pm
Summer is good.  Spring is better.  After the ski ninnies are done with Crystal, 410 makes for an excellent ride.  So does Paradise.  After the 2 passes open, (Cayuse and Chinook),  then we can all circumnavigate the Park!!
Just riding from Puyallup to Vince's makes for a healthy snort.
 I'm in.  Steve

prof_stack

Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 11:59:55 pm
Sounds good to me.  Logistically, however, bringing it all together from various distances on machines than disdain freeway speeds would be the challenge. 

Plus, from reading other ride reports, it is good to bring along basic tools and cables.

If I have my RE by then, I'm in.  Thanks.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 03:30:05 am
I used to live in Port Hadlock and wish I still did. (just before you get to Port Townsend. ) If I do succeed in returning in '08, I will look all you guys up. I have ridden my Bullet more in Washington that I have done in Indiana - it prefers the norwet I think.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 02:47:27 am
 group ride sounds good. there is always a way to get to where you want to go without having to hit the freeway. In the big scheme of things we all do not live that far from one another. I live in the  Queen Anne area specifically. I am sure I could manage just about anywhere. Really haven't had a lick of trouble with my Bullet once I got used to a couple of quirks and the mechanicals wore in some.
                                                                             Cheers!  Enjoy your Bullet,
                                                                                                                       Jon A.

Juggernaut

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 07:01:15 pm
Gah! Spring? Makes me want to move my Safety course to Feb insted of end of Mar.

How's it going all? With that newsletter stating the classics with lean-burns, looks like christmas will come twice for me.  After my course, I'm heading down to Vince's to try and pick up a Military for my very 1st bike. I've been ninja-ing around the forum since last fall and soaking up all your juicy tidbits of info. Just wanna say thanks and I'm sure the Bullet will surpass all my expectations of riding.

Oh yeah and I'm in Bremerton and work at McChord so i'll hopefully get to ride with you Puget Sounders.

Rock on...

TJ
Sharks are winners because they don't look back. Becuase they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 10:29:09 pm
I envy you guys. I was born and raised in Washington, but now live in NW Florida. There aren't many RE riders here. Actually, there may be more than I know, but owners seem slow to get involved with the forum, or post there ID on the map.

RE-curious

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 03:18:24 pm
I'm a Washington Bullet rider too. It's snowy today, but two days ago when it was sunny you can bet I was ridin'

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 04:19:21 pm
   You must live in Seattle, or up north, or in the east side? No snow down here in Puyallup.

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

RE-curious

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 05:24:51 pm
Yup, north of Town, and work Eastside.

Say, whats your handle mean?

prof_stack

Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 12:48:20 am
You must live in Seattle, or up north, or in the east side? No snow down here in Puyallup.   jon

Top of Queen Anne hill got hit hard.  At work I couldn't get the car up the steep hill by the school, too much ice.  Riding two-wheels would have been insane (and I saw a bicyclist wearing NO helmet, sheesh).

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 01:27:01 am
You must live in Seattle, or up north, or in the east side? No snow down here in Puyallup.   jon

Top of Queen Anne hill got hit hard.  At work I couldn't get the car up the steep hill by the school, too much ice.  Riding two-wheels would have been insane (and I saw a bicyclist wearing NO helmet, sheesh).

Yeah, I live on top of Capiol Hill and it was a skating rink this morning.  I some crazy guy trying to navigate the side roads on his Vespa...  Sheer madness!

Eamon
Eamon

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 03:48:09 am
<<Say, whats your handle mean?>>

Well, I'm a chess player and have played competative chess in tournaments. I coached a K-6 chess club for some years, and we had two large tournaments-one was the Wa. State championship for K-6.
    Anyway, once at a scholastic tournament I was playing a practice game with my daughter Annie and was beating her. She made this totally illegal move trying to save the game. I asked her what the heck kind of a chess move that was, and she replied it was a special move, called a birdmove. I thought it was pretty funny, so I adopted the screenname birdmove ever since.

jon/birdmove
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii