Author Topic: Why wont my pictures upload?  (Read 1529 times)

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
on: July 07, 2010, 09:28:46 pm
Can anyone tell me why I keep getting the message "not a valid picture file" when I try to upload a picture? This happens when I try to post a pic in Members Rides, and also when I try to include pics in a forum thread - no message here, just a blank. These are ordinary jpg files, taken on a Canon G10, nothing obscure, and reduced in Photoshop 6 and a variety of other editing sofware.
What's up?  Why me?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:23:02 pm by WillW »
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:33:11 pm
keep resizing, I've been able  to get some pretty decent size pics to upload. try 1024 pixels by whatever preserves the aspect ratio, then move up from there. i think io have put some 2048 pixel by XXXX pixels before too.
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:11:16 pm
Success! ;D
Thanks.
I thought I'd resized way down low, but doing it by pixels instead of percentage seems to be the way.
They are bloody gigantic files out of that G10.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 07:01:52 pm
What is G10 ?
No matter where you go, there, you are.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 07:45:07 pm
Canon Powershot G10, a great camera with full manual control if you want it. It has incredible resolution - 14.75 megapix, so does produce enormous file sizes if you set it at best quality. I like taking pictures but I hate carrying bagfulls of kit around, so this camera suits me perfectly. Not that I'm a serious photographer, just a snapper really. The G series is Canon's flagship non dslr range, not as versatile as a dslr of course, but try telling the difference in terms of detail and colour....
Now superseded by the 10 megapix G11, but many folk still prefer the G10, me too. Easy to use with plenty of easy fingertip controls (no need to go searching around in menus), and looks great, quite retro, a bit like an old rangefinder. Fairly wide angle too, and good zoom, image stabilsation etc etc.
Google it for loads of info.