Author Topic: C5 and G5 bits  (Read 2343 times)

rivers

• Bulleteer
on: July 05, 2010, 10:24:10 pm
While reading some other threads I'm getting more and more confused on the new bikes. What are some of the differences between the two bikes besides the "for looks" stuff. Am I correct that C5 doesn't have an amp gauge and the G5 does and the G5 has no kicker but the C5 does? Any other "functional' equipment differences I should be aware of? Been thinking of buying a brand new one, maybe I better do it soon while they still come with seats and handle bars.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:50:16 pm
The C5 has no kicker and no amp gauge, I don't think the G5 has the amp gauge either.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:01:18 am
Functional differences.

C5- No kick start, 18" wheels, Avon Roadrider tires, 18 tooth front sproket, solo seat, knee pads

G5- Kick start, 19" wheels, Avon Speedmaster tires, 17 tooth front sproket, dual seat, knee pads only on Deluxe

neither have amp gauge

rivers

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 02:15:36 am
Thanks guys. Sheesh I don't mind putting money into a new bike but not putting money into one just to outfit it the way it should have come from the factory. Thought it pretty cheap not to have a trip meter but to lose the ampmeter too is a bit much.

RE if you're trying to save money lose the chrome doodads not the essentials.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:28 am
The c5 does have a low fuel warning light. It did bother me in the beginning to not have a tripometer, But it turned out not to be that big of a deal.  The biker never needs gas ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 03:53:27 am
And the C5 costs a few hundred dollars more,  Not sure I can figger why, but it does. ::)
Any other Enfields in New England?

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 04:03:06 am
"All you need in a motorcycle and nothing more" The other major difference is handling. The C5 has a different rake angle than the G5. The C5 has quicker more neutral handling.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com