Author Topic: Royal Enfield Newbie  (Read 6278 times)

Meatballs

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 10:27:08 pm
Thanks for all the advice Blueberry, much appreciated. Clubman, like you I thought the very slow speed limits recommended were a little unrealistic but have stuck to the recommended use of the throttle (no over revving, labouring of the engine etc). Hopefully like you I will have a nicely bedded in engine at the end of it, that performs well and gives a good mpg!

UncleErnie - The new Clubman comes with a petrol warning light as standard and the seat, tank, seat hump etc are all standard parts! Close up of seat with and without removable fibreglass seat hump to follow. With regard to comfort I haven't been on any particularly long runs; however so far so good, I will keep you posted :o

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 11:44:25 pm
WOW!!!!!  Nice bike meatballs, There selling that bike ,stock like that in the UK!!!,What about us Yanks? Oh I'm gonna be sick. Did I miss something?
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Meatballs

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 02:50:52 pm
I must admit I was only recently made aware that the Clubman, Trials and Woodsman models are not available in the US, which came as a surprise to me as I assumed that they were!!

blueberry

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 03:01:47 pm
Since you used the recommended throttle settings you will do just fine. Its the break it in hard way, full throttle, way that brings on problems. My motorcycle took almost 1,500  miles to be run in fully.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 05:33:26 pm
I must admit I was only recently made aware that the Clubman, Trials and Woodsman models are not available in the US, which came as a surprise to me as I assumed that they were!!
  That's it. I'm packing up the wife and kids,I'm on the next plane,Can you line me up a job at your locale Gas Company?
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.