Author Topic: RE Rear Deluxe Pillion Pad / Seat... or this?  (Read 2378 times)

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
on: June 24, 2010, 10:06:31 pm
What do the wife's butts think? Worth the $100?

I was toying with the idea of getting this instead and just plopping it on when necessary (not too often in my case). http://www.buttybuddy.com/index.asp
Its the Butt Buddy!  ;)

Apparently it can either suction right to the fender (hope our fender is wide enough) or bolt on, but since I'm using a rear rack, I think I'd just find a way to clamp it to the rack.. Thoughts?

I dont really like the look of the rear pillion seat enough to keep it on all the time. I'd prefer the rack.

JesterNT

• Scooter
  • Maintenance is as much art as it is science.
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:47:34 pm
I wasn’t a fan of the ascetics of the factory bolt on pillion.  I bought a Phantom Narrow Pillion Pad stick on.  It fist the rear fender of the C5 well but my wife said it “scared the hell out her”.  Apparently the suction cup pads can slip around a bit.  I didn’t want her riding on there with me anyway, so as far as I’m concerned it solved my problem perfectly! To your question though I would say if you’re just going for brief low speed jaunts then your plan would work.  If you’re going to do long haul or highway speeds the rear fender isn’t setup to take the full weight of a passenger.  The factory pillion ties into the frame under the seat and distributes the rider’s weight across the frame and rear suspension. That’s my take on it. 
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 05:52:23 pm
I would never attach anything important to a bike with suction cups, let alone something really important like a seat.

Scott