Author Topic: More stupid drivers!  (Read 17442 times)

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
on: June 27, 2010, 10:21:05 pm
Just another stupid driver thread. Almost got hit twice today.

First was when someone pulled out of a side street in front of me. Not so close that I had to slam on the brakes, but too close none the less.

The second was a women in a Suburban yapping on her phone as I was passing in the lane to her left. She suddenly decides to change lanes and I honk the horn (for whatever that's worth), and hit the brakes to slow down. She swerves back into her lane and as I pass her again she throws up her hand in a wave. What, are you telling me everything's OK?

I did kind of anticipate both of these, but still, can't you just hang up and drive? I'm just glad one of us was paying attention. Grrrrr.

ATGATT

2002 Bullet ES

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:03:15 pm
Sometimes they don't see you and sometimes the do see you but lunge at you anyway.

I always assume that cars are going to pull out of side roads on me and cover the brakes.
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:37:54 pm
  I wish I had a bike mounted camera to film all the idiots that have nearly wiped me out over the years.  Would make a good film to show in MSF course.  Anything from the bizarre (truck losing a load of lumber in front of me) to the just plain brain dead.

One of my buddies carried a sharpened #3 crosstip screwdriver to even the score with brain dead drivers.  I'm not condoning him flattening tires..just saying.  He figured they were usually in too much of a hurry and didn't give a rats' a-- if they ran him off the road.

I still think the worst is the driver on their cell phone talking to whoever about whatever.  Can't wait until all states have a hands free law.  Maybe a few tickets for driving with the phone to your head would get a reaction.  And with a believable fine I think it would.

Ride safe my brothers and sisters..after all they are out to get you.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 01:56:09 pm
If over there is anything like over here, a hands free law for car & van drivers will make NOT ONE JOT OF DIFFERENCE to the number of tossers you'll see on the phone while driving.
Sorry to disappoint.  Sad but true :(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:02:24 pm by WillW »
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 02:02:55 pm
  Maybe not but at least then they'd have their hand away from their head and possibly see the bike in the lane next to them.  But of course the due eating his breakfast at 80 mph and the old gray hair who can't turn her head to the side and the lady putting on her make-up do still exist.

Like I said ride safely..they are out to get you.....
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Victory V92SC
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 02:49:22 pm
It is a major problem, even the cops always have a phone glued to their ears. Click & Clack were the 1st ones to try a campaign with their "Drive now Talk later"  bumper stickers. to little avail.
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 02:53:25 pm
  Click and Clack are awesome..learned a lot of cool stuff from them over the years.

One of my buddies who's a State Patrolmen actually put it best, on a bike ride both defensively and offensively.  You'll have a better chance of arriving in one piece.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Victory V92SC
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 02:55:27 pm

One of my buddies carried a sharpened #3 crosstip screwdriver to even the score with brain dead drivers.  I'm not condoning him flattening tires..just saying.  He figured they were usually in too much of a hurry and didn't give a rats' a-- if they ran him off the road.

I think a large caliber handgun is a better deterrent to stupidity by cagers ......  >:(
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 04:17:37 pm
""Maybe not but at least then they'd have their hand away from their head ""

Well, no  -  that was my point. It has made NO DIFFERENCE. The law is in place. But the number of drivers with a phone held to their ear doesn't seem to change. I see em every day on every road.
I agree about fining the crap out of em.   >:(
I agree about riding as though every car driver is blind and stupid. ::)
I agree about the handgun.  ;D

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 04:35:49 pm
I don't think hands free phones make much of a difference. The driver is still concentrating too much on the conservation rather than driving.

Of course, phones are just one of many distracting habits drivers have.

As Blackwolf said "ride both defensively and offensively."
2002 Bullet ES

billy2sheds

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 08:21:11 pm
""Maybe not but at least then they'd have their hand away from their head ""

Well, no  -  that was my point. It has made NO DIFFERENCE. The law is in place. But the number of drivers with a phone held to their ear doesn't seem to change. I see em every day on every road.
I agree about fining the crap out of em.   >:(
I agree about riding as though every car driver is blind and stupid. ::)
I agree about the handgun.  ;D
what he said. ;D

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 08:28:02 pm
I think a large caliber handgun is a better deterrent to stupidity by cagers ......  >:(

Trouble is I'm running out of places to hide bodies. :D :D :D
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Victory V92SC
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 08:37:51 pm
Anyone seen Jimmy Hoffa lately ?
No matter where you go, there, you are.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 02:28:21 am
It illegal to talk on a hand phone in Thailand -its also illegal to have tinted windows --what is not illegal is to roll up some leaves in a piece of paper, put it in your mouth  and set fire to it.    Yes inside you car while your driving along,   a smoking tube of trash on fire in your mouth, smoke in your eyes ash dropping round the family jewels.

That is mind boggling.

Now try to do that while talking on the phone  negotiating a busy inersection, driving a manual transmission,-----think about that for a while!!!!!!    and in some places that is legal.

As long as you have a seat belt on.!!!   

I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

madMurphy

• This can't be all that difficu -- aw, crap...
  • Scooter
Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 10:26:41 pm
I agree about fining the crap out of em.
I agree about riding as though every car driver is blind and stupid.
I agree about the handgun.

Amen Amen Amen.  Few things more are irresponsible than operating a high-speed battering ram half-assedly.  Particularly with kids in the vehicle.  One of my personal favorites was the toddler curled up asleep on the back dash...at 75 on the freeway.  Very nice.

I had an interesting conversation with my ex's dad (a longtime rider) a few years ago where I put forth the question that if a loud bike made a rider even a bit more noticeable, was it not a good thing, since there's only so much of other drivers' inattention and flat out stupidity you can counter and compensate for?
Must've hit a nerve.
His answer was a vehement, veiny-necked, nearly foaming-at-the-mouth declaration that loud bikes were for immature, disrespectful children and showoffs concerned with looking/sounding cool, and that if your bike was loud then you must need to be loud to get noticed, and you were simply a shitty driver.  Are loud pipes that much of a touchy subject?
He shot the old man, raped his horse, and rode off on his wife...

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 11:33:07 pm

Are loud pipes that much of a touchy subject?
     They ARE a touchy subject. In Europe you can't buy a non stock exhaust. New York City either has passed or is in the process of passing a similar law. It is aimed specifically at loud motorcycles. In this scenario, when the manufacturer stops producing your muffler you can't ride the bike. Loud pipes don't do what you think they do for safety. Most of the sound is directed backwards. The people in front get only a vague reverberation with no specific direction. It mostly sounds like the base from their radio. You will be past them before they know you are there. The people in back can't hear their radio, so they are mad at you. When you pass Suzy Homemaker in her kid filled mini-van, she doesn't see you as cool or being safe. You are merely the ass that woke her kid or interrupted her phone call or startled her.
     The American Motorcyclist Association is in the forefront of preserving our right to ride. The loud pipe issue is one of the biggest talking points. I won't even sell some pipes due to this issue. It really doesn't need to be as loud a people think.
     A lot of dirt bike areas have been closed due to the noise issue. Some residential areas restrict motorcycles.
     Another factor to consider is your hearing. I always used to listen to loud pipes in the shop and at the track. I can't hear a lot of stuff any more. My kid has a cat that sits on my lap. I can not hear him purr. My wife next to me can hear him.
     So besides restricting our right to ride you are damaging your health.
     If you want to do something to make people notice you, I suggest investing in a really good horn. On my street bike I have an air horn with a huge compressor. In use it draws so much power  the engine misfires, and stalls at idle. If someone cuts me off I blast them. They think a semi is barreling down on them. It is much more effective than a loud pipe because it is directed at the problem instead of just being just a general annoyance.

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 11:37:06 pm
It illegal to talk on a hand phone in Thailand -its also illegal to have tinted windows --what is not illegal is to roll up some leaves in a piece of paper, put it in your mouth  and set fire to it.    Yes inside you car while your driving along,   a smoking tube of trash on fire in your mouth, smoke in your eyes ash dropping round the family jewels.

That is mind boggling.

Now try to do that while talking on the phone  negotiating a busy inersection, driving a manual transmission,-----think about that for a while!!!!!!    and in some places that is legal.

As long as you have a seat belt on.!!!   

I'll go one better...WOMEN! Especially young ones without a working brain cell. All that stuff is illegal here in New Jersey. But I still get the pleasure of being tail-gated at 70 MPH by the young, witless dumbass bimbo, doing her makeup and texting at the same time while she is 3/8" off my rear bumper in the Beemer that dad gave her for her 17th birthday. And when I slam on the brakes, make hand gestures to get her to back the f*** off before I lose it, she has no idea why I am so upset; had no idea she was doing anything wrong. Who's idea was it to grant them driver's licenses?

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 01:26:45 pm
I'll go one better...WOMEN! Especially young ones without a working brain cell. All that stuff is illegal here in New Jersey. But I still get the pleasure of being tail-gated at 70 MPH by the young, witless dumbass bimbo, doing her makeup and texting at the same time while she is 3/8" off my rear bumper in the Beemer that dad gave her for her 17th birthday. And when I slam on the brakes, make hand gestures to get her to back the f*** off before I lose it, she has no idea why I am so upset; had no idea she was doing anything wrong. Who's idea was it to grant them driver's licenses?

Yeah,---what a bunch of  err .

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 04:53:11 pm
While serving in the U.S. Army,I fired the M14 for record without earplugs.Been ringin' ever since.Can't hear a lotta stuff.I believe the valves on REs are all we need to warn others of our approach.They are the 2 things I can still hear distinctly.'Course,I have a loud exhaust,also.

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 12:04:56 pm
  I wear ear plugs while riding a bike, shhoting rifles (and have quite a collection of those to chose from), heck I even wear ear plugs to concerts (way before bands were wearing noise limiters.  But my Pop lost most of his hearing while working in factories before ear plugs were available.  Watching him today (almost 80) shows what kind of special hell that can be.

I've actually been toning the exhausts down on all the bikes, just have to find a decent low restriction pipe for the Victory, the D&D on it is massive loud.  So far as long as you don't bark the pipes here you're safe.  But I do agree in a deafening horn for transgressors.  Just have to fab a mount bracket for the WOLO set I just bought.  That'll get gray hair or whoevers attention.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Victory V92SC
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 02:30:57 pm
Here's a good stupid driver tale I heard on a radio program about a year ago.

Billy Bob Inbred somewhere in the Ozarks had a fuse blow in his ancient Chevy pickup. Doesn't have a spare. With no fully-functioning cerebral cortex, he finds that a .22 LR cartridge is a perfect fit. Hops in, turns the key, round goes off and ends up in his thigh! :D

See what happens when siblings marry?

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 08:22:54 pm
Billy lives across the holler from one of my cousins.Loud exhaust is offensive to all who are clueless about the love of unrestrained power.To them, it must be a need to intimidate,show off,or have some sexual conotation.Folks who do not relate to the love of motor sports or performance capabilities in their own vehicles cannot understand that it is a personal thing with the bike or car owner and has nothing to do with them.They do not get it and they never will.I have loud exhaust on some of my vehicles because I enjoy the sound.It is a form of music to me.I do keep the revs down and so on in public places so as not to be needlessly offensive.As a matter of fact I am gonna go out rite now and put a 3inch straight thru side exit exhaust on my 66 Fairlane.No mufflers.Later,maybe.Cell phone use,to the extent that it has come,is a mystery to me.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 08:39:18 pm
That Fairlane better have a side oiler with about a 326 duration, 540 lift cam, 13:1 compression and whole clutch that weighs about eight pounds. Othwise, it'll just sound like a flaccid Chevrolet with a hole in the muffler ......

I appreciate the sound of an open exhaust on a high-perf or racing ride - but that dull, "blubbidy-blubbidy-blubbidy" of a clapped out, eight-to-one, two-barrel street motor with iron headers and inch and seven-eighths exhaust is just noise .... they ain't NUTHIN' sweet about it .... I ain't sayin' - I'm just sayin' ......  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 11:05:35 pm
Ill see yer blub-blubber mobile and raise ya a fart'in through a tin can mufflered aint fast but sounds furious front wheel drive sub compact with a spoiler on the back, car.  ;)

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 11:50:02 pm
Billy lives across the holler from one of my cousins.Loud exhaust is offensive to all who are clueless about the love of unrestrained power.To them, it must be a need to intimidate,show off,or have some sexual conotation.Folks who do not relate to the love of motor sports or performance capabilities in their own vehicles cannot understand that it is a personal thing with the bike or car owner and has nothing to do with them.They do not get it and they never will.I have loud exhaust on some of my vehicles because I enjoy the sound.It is a form of music to me.I do keep the revs down and so on in public places so as not to be needlessly offensive.As a matter of fact I am gonna go out rite now and put a 3inch straight thru side exit exhaust on my 66 Fairlane.No mufflers.Later,maybe.Cell phone use,to the extent that it has come,is a mystery to me.

There are, without doubt, a great many douchebags who have loud pipes for all the wrong reasons, who give you guys all a bad name. Case in point. Recently, while laying on the grass with my wife and dog at a public park, one of those pieces of shit with open headers, coasting thru a 25 MPH zone and no other traffic about, waited until he was right on top of us, not more than 5' away from the curb near where we were, and cracked the throttle wide open for shits and giggles. My dog, frightened for his life, jerked the leash loose and darted out into the parking lot. Thank God there was no other traffic. My ears rang for the rest of the day. Had I my shotgun, I would have blown his fat, greasy, tatooed ass right off that POS like the end of Easy Rider. I've been riding since Nixon and belong to the AMA, but even I would have no problem with noise legislation. The problem seems to have gotten way out of hand.

billy2sheds

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 06:16:25 pm
. Had I my shotgun, I would have blown his fat, greasy, tatooed ass right off that POS like the end of Easy Rider. I've been riding since Nixon and belong to the AMA, but even I would have no problem with noise legislation. The problem seems to have gotten way out of hand.
:o ;D you have a way with words,i love it. :D :D

skippy

• Scooter
Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 09:35:26 pm
I will be driving a Ford Taurus from Denver airport on Monday I apologise in advance as this driving on the other side of the road always screws me up for the first few days.
2008 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Electra,
1992 Moto Guzzi California 3,
1982 Moto Guzzi Imola,
2004 Jaguar x type,

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 02:52:44 am
I will be driving a Ford Taurus from Denver airport on Monday I apologise in advance as this driving on the other side of the road always screws me up for the first few days.
skippy, what part of Denver will you be driving in?

I live just south of Denver, what areas should I avoid? ;D
2002 Bullet ES

skippy

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 03:12:01 am
Hi daves02ES,
                       An airport hotel in Aurora and then it's off early the next morning to Moab, Grand Canyon and up to Yellowstone, returning back to Colorado about 10 days later for a night in Boulder. Seriously though I've ridden on the "right" in Europe and hired a small car last year in Florida and although I thought it was going to be a nightmare you soon pick things up.
          Would have love to have done this trip on a bike but the missus don't pack light  ::)
1982 Moto Guzzi Imola,
2004 Jaguar x type,

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 04:21:37 am
Sounds like a great trip skippy.
My wife goes to the Grand Canyon South Rim and Yellowstone for business frequently and she worked at Yellowstone for about 5 years. Beautiful parks. Enjoy the trip!
2002 Bullet ES

skippy

• Scooter
Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 04:44:18 am
Thanks daves02ES,
          I must admit to being a wee bit excited  ;D
Dave.                               
1982 Moto Guzzi Imola,
2004 Jaguar x type,

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: July 03, 2010, 08:24:49 am
Here's a good stupid driver tale I heard on a radio program about a year ago.

Billy Bob Inbred somewhere in the Ozarks had a fuse blow in his ancient Chevy pickup. Doesn't have a spare. With no fully-functioning cerebral cortex, he finds that a .22 LR cartridge is a perfect fit. Hops in, turns the key, round goes off and ends up in his thigh! :D

See what happens when siblings marry?

Well Im a stupid English man that has never seen a gun but I know that a bullet will not fire by being heated.
    It will go "Phut" at best,---  less than a sparrows fart.

Europe has laws to stop you upsetting other people or hurting them --such as annoying loud pipes or car tyres on Motorcycles :o.  Even hurting yousrelf is against the law because it cost the government because we have free health care.

If we did not then,-- yeah we could go back 100 years and do what the hell we want even run a round with a silly gun.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: July 03, 2010, 12:34:32 pm
    a silly gun.  

I have a shot gun, a paint gun and even a squirt gun but no silly gun.

I must have one.

Where do I get one one ? how do they work ? What calibre of silly do they shoot ?

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: July 03, 2010, 01:19:20 pm
A shot gun--a paint gun and a squirt gun,!!

Which is the silly one?  Ille help you out here a bit, I know you septics need help understanding this gun thing as you have expressed total confusion over --a silly gun.

The silly gun is the one you don't need and will get you killed in quick time.

And before you come back with "its our right"  yeah  Ive heard it all .

Yeeeha,-- spit,-- ting, Weel ma is gonna git me a varmint N get some viddles fer supper,  Yup,-- fancy me self a possum belly burger, yeah

Booom oh geez ma I just shot the kids ---sorry,  I got the trigger cought in my zip but oh it wasnt me what shot the kids it was my finger ----oh yer it was the bullet that killed not me.

Jamie --you ok? --damn it, call the ambulance again,--Pa!! they say they wont come because you are nutter and you shot grandad last week.

Many movies of Aliens landing in America,---- no need to worry I don't think they will go there

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #34 on: July 03, 2010, 11:41:44 pm
 Damn,your concept of gun ownership(and the justifications for it) is worse than anyone would have thought.....
 Be sure to verbalize some of your many concepts & conclusions about us 'mericans during your visit..........................

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 01:30:14 am
You know the Britt's, ban guns in peace, beg for them in war ;)
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 01:58:22 am
You know the Britt's, ban guns in peace, beg for them in war ;)

Nope-- I cant work that one out --you got me there.  I hav'nt forgotten this thread I will comment when there is something sensible to comment on.

Obama would ban gun ownership in a second if he thought he could get away with it but it would meet child like uproar whaa whaaa they gonna take my gun off me sob sob.

But really being sensible do you need a gun to go out shopping with? do you.

Do you need one to go to sleep at night if so It must be a dangerous place, ive never been there,-- help me out because I don't understand it.

Do I get one at the airport?  Like a tourist package --sim card, map and a gun, because if you need  one then I need one--right.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 02:46:20 am
Well, no I don't need one to go shopping, but I have needed them several times in my life and will again. Here in the very rural Ozarks I've used them on feral dogs harassing my cattle, ground hogs tearing up my garden, armadillo's tearing up my yard, putting down horses with broken legs because of armadillo holes in the pasture. I can't sit and wait for someone to come wipe my nose so I take care of it myself. They are tools, nothing more.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:35:10 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 12:13:20 pm
I carry one because a cop is too heavy.  ;D

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 08:11:48 pm

I have to agree, Long ago I was a Motorcycle Patrol Officer, More than once was my right boot called upon to notify a driver that there was a Motorcycle in the lane he wanted. One time I I rapped my Night Stick (now politically correctly named a baton) sharply on a windshield after two kicks to the driver's door failed to get his attention.  As to the "Large Caliber Handgun... Nope, I was wearing a Smith&Wesson Model 28, .357 Magnum on my right hip. Would have only made a difference had I drawn down on the fools. Then, how to control the bike?
1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: July 05, 2010, 12:33:17 pm
oops, wrong place.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:36:02 pm by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 04:58:10 am
I have to agree, Long ago I was a Motorcycle Patrol Officer, More than once was my right boot called upon to notify a driver that there was a Motorcycle in the lane he wanted. One time I I rapped my Night Stick (now politically correctly named a baton) sharply on a windshield after two kicks to the driver's door failed to get his attention.  As to the "Large Caliber Handgun... Nope, I was wearing a Smith&Wesson Model 28, .357 Magnum on my right hip. Would have only made a difference had I drawn down on the fools. Then, how to control the bike?

Is that your training then to boot in someone door? what if they had the radio on ,--that is not illegal or is it illegal for deaf people to drive.

Would not a sensible police officer pull up and get away from the vehicle, overtake  and stop them, the pen is mightier than the boot.

Infact Im having difficulty believing you>

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #42 on: July 06, 2010, 06:29:43 am
   Is that your training then to boot in someone door? what if they had the radio on ,--that is not illegal or is it illegal for deaf people to drive.

Would not a sensible police officer pull up and get away from the vehicle, overtake  and stop them, the pen is mightier than the boot.

Infact I'm having difficulty believing you>

In fact I'm having difficulty believing YOU ! 

Pull away into the on coming lane? NO 
Chase them down in rush hour traffic in down town traffic? Not hardly.
Pay for the crack in his windshield?  The judge said that I did not have to. 
What's the matter clamp? just because I wear a badge, am I automatically at fault in your eves? 

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 09:17:34 am
Pull out into on coming traffic --- I did'nt say that did I.  Slow down and let him go in front , put on the siren and pull him over.

Now your not going to twist my words with that badge are you.

Chase them down? you said he was at the side of you and oblivious of your position so you kicked his door in,  how could you boot his door in if he was'nt next to you , where is the chasing bit,  Did your siren work that day, that would have woke him up .

Pay for the cracked windscreen damn right you should.

You are supposed to protect us from door kicking windscreen cracking  vandals.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 10:47:05 am
Defence of ones own life is a basic human right .

Beers to you RBHoge for exercising restraint in only booting the doors of oblivious motorists when they put you in harms way.

More beers to you for the use of the night stick instead of the revolver when two kicks to the driver's door failed to get the attention of that particular individual. 

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 11:02:58 am

Which is the silly one?  Ille help you out here a bit, I know you septics need help understanding this gun thing as you have expressed total confusion over --a silly gun.

And before you come back with "its our right"  yeah  Ive heard it all .

Yeeeha,-- spit,-- ting, Weel ma is gonna git me a varmint N get some viddles fer supper,  Yup,-- fancy me self a possum belly burger, yeah

Booom oh geez ma I just shot the kids ---sorry,  I got the trigger cought in my zip but oh it wasnt me what shot the kids it was my finger ----oh yer it was the bullet that killed not me.

Jamie --you ok? --damn it, call the ambulance again,--Pa!! they say they wont come because you are nutter and you shot grandad last week.

Many movies of Aliens landing in America,---- no need to worry I don't think they will go there

All humor aside, a "gun" that has the capability to turn some one silly would be a nice less than lethal option to have.

Not having any means or will to defend ones own life when violently attacked will easily get you killed in quick time.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 04:47:12 am
Quote from: Ice i
 Not having any means or will to defend ones own life when violently attacked will easily get you killed in quick time. /quote

Exactly, so I should be given a gun at the airport right? As a tourist I will be even more vulnerable than you will.

Hear about the 16 year old Mexican girl ran for a new life in America withing 3 weeks murdered cut up and put in a garbage bag . Took 4 years to find out who she was.

English couple arrived new york , rented a car got lost , never made the hotel.

I need a gun.

But its comforting to know that next time I get pushed around by a car I can legally stove the door in and smash the windscreen.

More guns and violence thats  definately the way forward, make people wake up and respect authority.

Its even worse with all these religious nuts around.  God bless America.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 05:49:07 am
Quote from: Ice i
 Not having any means or will to defend ones own life when violently attacked will easily get you killed in quick time. /quote

Exactly, so I should be given a gun at the airport right? As a tourist I will be even more vulnerable than you will.

Hear about the 16 year old Mexican girl ran for a new life in America withing 3 weeks murdered cut up and put in a garbage bag . Took 4 years to find out who she was.

English couple arrived new york , rented a car got lost , never made the hotel.

I need a gun.

But its comforting to know that next time I get pushed around by a car I can legally stove the door in and smash the windscreen.

More guns and violence thats  definately the way forward, make people wake up and respect authority.

Its even worse with all these religious nuts around. God bless America.

Perhaps they would still be living had they the means to protect themselves from the violent evil scum that took from them their lives.

Good God man I hope you do. I would rather not hear of you getting squashed like a bug. Far better to dent a door  I should think than to arrive cold at the morgue.

The criminal willfully refuses to bide by the rules of society and victimizes the defenceless and weak. They do understand force, incarceration and pain of death.

Sadly our fellow man in other parts of the world are deprived of their rights to one degree or another and have to rely on an overburdened Police force that can not be omnipresent, for their safety.

In this country you are free to practice what ever religion you choose, or not at all.
No government approval required but you may be mocked by the narrow minded for practice or lack thereof .

That was the intent of our founding forefathers and to that many will say amen.

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 05:55:46 am
I think the simplest way to make anti gun people understand, is to wait for them or someone they care about, to be a victim of gun crime...

Most gun crimes are committed by criminals with illegal guns. Most law abiding gun owners are just that: law abiding. It is sad that we even have guns, but until the day that ALL the guns are gone, I will keep mine, and use them safely and legally.

As far as the exceptions, (accidents in the home, and legal gun owners doing illegal things) there are exceptions to everything... and besides that, more kids are killed in cars by their parents bad driving than by guns... so are cars wrong too?
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 06:23:38 am
Yep Im more convinced than ever now,-- I need a big gun.

can I get one at the airport --this will be the most dangerous time as I stand in Hertz renta car queue, every one will know Im a  tourist with bags full of money and credit cards etc etc

I think I might start with new York, -- so say walk I into a bear or see an Armadilo hey I gotta shoot it right?

And what if I cant get a Whammy burger breakfast after 11.30 and its 11.33 hey bring the gun out and probs solved.

All I got to do is ask directions and I am spotted as a tourist,  then some black guy in a pom pom hat comes bopping along "hey bro gime the wallet man"  well i got it sorted out you see , what I do is pull out the gun when he was expecting a wallet.

He turns away and runs,-- I say stop you blaggared or ille fire, then I tell him to lie on the floor and put your hands behind your back" then I handcuff him ( ille get some handcufs). or I can use my tie.

I stand him up and say 'you have the right to remain silent  and err bla bla bla.

Then all the people will applaud the brave Englishman,-- hurrah   hurrah. for the brave Englishman they will say.

Cor blimey I cant wait!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:29:39 am by clamp »

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 06:54:18 am
Now, as a private citizen, I still carry a handgun. I not only have retained my Police Commission I have paid for the classes and fulfilled the legal requirements to have a Handgun Carry Permit which is recognized in more states than is my Police commission with "RETIRED" stamped across the face of it.

[font=Verdana]"Chase them down? you said he was at the side of you and oblivious of your position so you kicked his door in,  how could you boot his door in  if he was'nt next to you , where is the chasing bit,  Did your siren work that day, that would have woke him up."
[/font]
Thumping on the door is a damn sight less than "booting a door in." " Now your not going to twist my words"... because of my badge are you?  Also the old "growler sirens of that day take a good five or six seconds to spin up and make the siren sound.  I needed his attention much more quickly than that.

I keep my weapon fully loaded.  It is a tool just like the loaded fire extinguishers I have in my garage and kitchen. I pray to God that I will never need them, but when I do It is comforting to know that I am prepared to fight a fire, or fire up an attacker.  I taught my Daughter how to shoot, and when.  When seconds count, remember that the police are only minutes away.

I am sorry to hear about the sixteen-year-old Mexican girl who ended up as "cold cuts." Had she entered the country "legally" she could have had better access to police protection. 

The right to protect one's person and family goes back to "English Common Law."

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: July 07, 2010, 07:38:46 am
I did'nt say she had entered Illegally did I?,   where did you get that from?  

Is that why she got murdered then? do you only protect legal people, illegals can be killed with less protection ?
    "Cold cuts" --- your concern brings a tear to my eye.

"The right to protect ones person and family goes back to British common law".

Is there a country that does'nt have that right?  

Do you mean with a gun ?

My drinking buddy is a retired commander of the Royal Hong Kong marine police, I don't seem to have trouble communicating with him.

Bit of a buffoon really

However he set fire to his boat twice by welding outside it, and he wont insure his car because he says he is a good driver and he drives when totally --no absalutely pissed.

Every body he meets is a crim,-- he says   ( criminal )

He is total nut and insists on putting peoples arms up thier backs when they dont expect it as a joke as he passes behind them going to the toilet, Dislocated a guys arm once.

Looks at people faces and thinks he van tell Vietnam, Korean, Chinese Laos or Cambodian but is always wrong.

Speaks chinese but nearly starts a riot when he does because everything he knows is insults, he knows this too but still does it if he sees chinese people.       

Ignores no smoking signs and smokes a pipe. he says if anyone touches his cat he will have the Malaysian police arrest them. ---  Police --tut.

But Im 100% sure that this is an isolated case. ::)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:46:41 am by clamp »

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 10:49:50 pm

Which is the silly one?  Ille help you out here a bit, I know you septics need help understanding this gun thing as you have expressed total confusion over --a silly gun.
[/i]

And before you come back with "its our right"  yeah  Ive heard it all .

Yeeeha,-- spit,-- ting, Weel ma is gonna git me a varmint N get some viddles fer supper,  Yup,-- fancy me self a possum belly burger, yeah

Booom oh geez ma I just shot the kids ---sorry,  I got the trigger cought in my zip but oh it wasnt me what shot the kids it was my finger ----oh yer it was the bullet that killed not me.

Freud would find this interesting.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:59:21 pm by Ice »

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 11:42:19 pm

Freud would find this interesting.

Scary even.
This dude is coming to your country.
Warn customs

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 12:47:43 am
 "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," Sigmund Freud 1917)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:09:38 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 02:54:04 am
"I did'nt say she had entered Illegally did I?,   where did you get that from?  "

You certainly implied that she had not entered the U.S. legally when you wrote:
"Hear about the 16 year old Mexican girl ran for a new life in America withing 3 weeks murdered cut up and put in a garbage bag . Took 4 years to find out who she was."
Legals go to the police for help. Illegals don't.

B.T.W. Your punctuation sucks, and your language usage and spelling are an insult to the English language. Are you sure that English is your "first" language?

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 05:07:48 am
Legals go to the police for help?

Help   Help,  ive been murdered.

I don't apply too much emphasis on punctuation that is correct, as I'm talking to Americans I dint think it would be noticed .   

As far as my spelling --similar applies , the only excuse I have is that I have an English computer with English spelling dictionary already down loaded.  It is however different from the America's version of English which is what you are probably familiar with.

I have switched it for you

Freud  said that all men want to kill their Fathers and have sex with their Mothers so --I guess we wont bother too much with what he said.  At the turn of the last century he was controversial  to say the least.

If you like that sort of thing Read Johnny Morris -"The naked ape". He describes how to approach a police officer when you get stopped.. It explains you get out of the car and hold out your hand in greetings and smile. It goes on to say that puts the officer in a position where attack is not necessary, you are therefore encouraging a telling off rather than an arrest.

Would'nt work in Gun waving law abiding US would it.

As far as weapons is concerned I will  bet you that officer Hoge would wish that all citizens did not have guns --at all, --what sayest you Officer Hoge --would it not have made your job easier.

Ha,- silly question really --bit like asking a snake handler if he prefers handling poisonous or non poisonous snakes.

I have thoroughly checked the spelling and have no red lines below any word.

If you see a mistake,-- it must be  you!!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 11:24:25 am
Legals go to the police for help?

Yes we do.

A couple of times in my life actually.
The Police did a stellar job performing their duties.

Help   Help,  ive been murdered.

Or

>>>E9-1-1, what are you reporting ? <<<
"Help ! I've just stopped a man from raping and killing my loved one, send the police and an ambulance." 

Which would you prefer ?

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 02:19:55 pm
Ice --ive no idea what you are talking about mate,- you seem to have two or three conversations mixed up.

We were talking about a real  Mexican girl that came to a new life in America --oh  it does'nt matter.

If you will excuse me I shall leave this thread now, im sorry but pack dog mentality is setting in.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 02:30:21 pm
Quote from: Ice
>>>[i
E9-1-1, what are you reporting ?[/i] <<<
"Help ! I've just stopped a man from raping and killing my loved one, send the police and an ambulance." 

Which would you prefer ?

Or  more likely,-- send a proctologist Ive got a gun planted up my arse for pointing it at people.

I would like to hear what Officer Hoge thinks about these albeit fictitious scenarios.

Im sure he has had his fill of John Wayne wannabe's roaming the streets?

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #60 on: July 08, 2010, 02:45:39 pm
     Or  more likely,-- send a proctologist Ive got a gun planted up my arse for pointing it at people.

I would like to hear what Officer Hoge thinks about these albeit fictitious scenarios.

Im sure he has had his fill of John Wayne wannabe's roaming the streets?

Not so fictitious.

Don't take my word for it.

Posted below is a link to an interview with a learned man of conscience, Gary Kleck, Ph.D.

Dr. Kleck is a College Professor and a member of the ACLU, Amnesty International USA, and Common Cause, among other politically liberal organizations and is a published Author.

http://www.vcdl.org/new/kleck.htm

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:50:24 pm by Ice »

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: July 09, 2010, 02:08:29 am
Na,-- its ok Thanks.
    There is many a time i am disappointed by the way people think.

Ive given up trying to change the world when I was young.

It disappointing that ive had to face so much disappointment, yet disappointment gets easier with use.

Well at least you not a religious nut as well!,----are you?

Na na you cant be or you would'nt be able to shoot at peoplr, ha ha I cant think how many commandments that would shatter.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: July 09, 2010, 07:15:14 am
 The interview with professor Kleck is about his research and findings.
Its not about what he, you or I think. No rhetoric or emotional bias.
 Go ahead take a look. 

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #63 on: July 09, 2010, 09:48:38 am
Im not bothered really what his findings are.

Again na,--  thanks.

I'd still like to hear from Officer Hoge.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: July 09, 2010, 02:17:56 pm

...... Read Johnny Morris -"The naked ape".
Clamp, at least get the author correct. It's Desmond Morris, author of "The Naked Ape". Circa 1960's or 1970's.

Bullet.wagon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #65 on: July 09, 2010, 02:51:08 pm
Clamps being asked to visit the U.S.A. either wifey or friends but does'nt really want to come. I'ts ok ,you don't have to . But it's ok if you do someday, just to see what it's really like.
2005 RE Military
2000 RE 350

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #66 on: July 09, 2010, 07:22:04 pm
[color=blue"]I don't apply too much emphasis on punctuation that is correct, as I'm talking to Americans I dint think it would be noticed ." [/b][/color]

Sir, you are a pompous jerk!  >:(  I.M.H.O.

As to Morris' instruction to exit a vehicle when stopped and extend a hand while grinning like a chimp.... That is absolutely STUPID. :o If stopped, STAY IN YOUR SEAT! and  1. Turn off the Engine.  2. Roll down your Window. 3. Keep your hands in plain sight, (on the Steering Wheel, or window sill.)  Above all, be polite. ;D

Yes, I have seen my share of John Wayne "wannabes".  As officers they rarely make it out of the Academy.  :P As citizens, they are often the biggest cowards on the street.  ::)

When you come to the United States, enjoy yourself, do not expect to see shootings on every street corner, Do not look for a psychopath with a machinegun in the service line at every McDonald's.  I actually avoid McDonald's because of the quality of the food, :P not out of fear of the customers or employees.  
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:27:41 pm by RBHoge »

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #67 on: July 09, 2010, 08:33:55 pm
Im not bothered really what his findings are.

Again na,--  thanks.

I'd still like to hear from Officer Hoge.

Not even the least bit curious ?  :o

Begs the question, why ?

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #68 on: July 10, 2010, 12:38:21 am
McDonald's.....

Guns ( & some Roses)

Scotty , if I may this time.....

Relax and enjoy...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa4QePexmTE
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #69 on: July 10, 2010, 01:20:08 am
ROFLMA !!

Thank you brother REpozer !!!

(Note to self:  Self, do NOT click play button while drinking frosty beverage )

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #70 on: July 10, 2010, 01:53:17 am
 :D :D :D
Iron Butt Association

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #71 on: July 10, 2010, 03:56:37 am
I completely lost my shit at the line about pictures of Ronald on the wall. Thank you.

Jeff

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #72 on: July 10, 2010, 04:06:58 am
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #73 on: July 10, 2010, 04:11:37 am
Quote from: RBHoge l
Sir, you are a pompous jerk!  >:(  I.M.H.O.[/quote

Oh dear, oh dear,-- no one called anyone names on this forum till you came along.   You have lowered the tone, IMHO.

Unable to express yourself with the English language?

In England you get out of the car!! I thought you had been there.  

Put your badge in the drawer and try to be a person again will you.

Im embarrassed for you,-- calling people names,  How old are you-- 8 ?

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #74 on: July 10, 2010, 05:09:16 pm
[quote author=RBHoge l
Sir, you are a pompous jerk!  >:(  I.M.H.O.

Oh dear, oh dear,-- no one called anyone names on this forum till you came along.   You have lowered the tone, IMHO.

Im embarrassed for you,-- calling people names,  How old are you-- 8 ?

YOU lowered the tone with what I took as an insult,  

"I don't apply too much emphasis on punctuation that is correct, as I'm talking to Americans I dint think it would be noticed ."

I believe that I express myself quite effectively.

You are indeed pompous, insulting and Doubtfully even British. In Malaysia, would you be considered a Taipan?

By the Way, I am Sixty years old.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:58:31 pm by RBHoge »

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: July 11, 2010, 03:16:28 am
    This is like talking to kids.  Do you mean Taipan the snake or the restaurant down the road?  Everything is called Taipan in the East, from boats to laundry's.

So what do you mean,- I am  a boat?

Tedious conversation, but I do definitely believe you are a policeman,--it just oozes from you.

Police are not smarter than everyone else, I know you think you are but riding a motorcycle around in the rain as a job!!  

Your 60 ?   Oh nice!!!!  

I am British and I am supposed to declare that I am British, however I am English,  not Irish or Welsh,--English.

I keep telling you this, but it just keeps on coming up. Try to remember it this time. Write it down with your crayons.

----------------edit

Well well well  just spoke to Haslina at the yacht club reception and she has never heard of the word, not to worry I went on to ask Hazrudin the manager, "Ah" he said Taipan.

Taipan is not Malyasian but is used sometimes.  It is of   Chinese origin. It means a highly respected person of great integrity, the highest honour you could say about a person.   hence being a popular name for a boat or restaurant.

So---thank you! 

Or I guess you got it wrong, --that will teach you to  google.  I think you were trying to call me a snake were'nt you? 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:52:30 am by clamp »

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #76 on: July 11, 2010, 09:33:47 am
"Tedious conversation ....."

well   .....   yes     :P

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #77 on: July 11, 2010, 12:24:52 pm
   This is like talking to kids.  Do you mean Taipan the snake or the restaurant down the road?  Everything is called Taipan in the East, from boats to laundry's.

So what do you mean,- I am  a boat?

Tedious conversation, but I do definitely believe you are a policeman,--it just oozes from you.

Police are not smarter than everyone else, I know you think you are but riding a motorcycle around in the rain as a job!!  

Your 60 ?   Oh nice!!!!  

I am British and I am supposed to declare that I am British, however I am English,  not Irish or Welsh,--English.

I keep telling you this, but it just keeps on coming up. Try to remember it this time. Write it down with your crayons.

----------------edit

Well well well  just spoke to Haslina at the yacht club reception and she has never heard of the word, not to worry I went on to ask Hazrudin the manager, "Ah" he said Taipan.

Taipan is not Malyasian but is used sometimes.  It is of   Chinese origin. It means a highly respected person of great integrity, the highest honour you could say about a person.   hence being a popular name for a boat or restaurant.

So---thank you! 

Or I guess you got it wrong, --that will teach you to  google.  I think you were trying to call me a snake were'nt you? 

No,  not the snake, (although it seems fitting enough.)  I was refering to the Taipan (Yes, likely as in the Chineese usage.) A Brit, who lives and works in the Orient, usually a business owner who employs cheap local labour. 

And yes indeed your insults to America, and the American people, have become rather tedious.  Did not Google, the word, recalled it from the James Clavell book. 

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: July 11, 2010, 02:32:36 pm
Well there you go again making assumptions. I don't work,never have in the far east or do I employ cheap labour.

Im younger than you and retired 21 years ago.

To get the thread back on track and I not necessarily talking to officer Hoge here but.   

Any way Ive got it down to California,--thats where Im heading for, I want to go to Las vagus though, is that far away.

I woul'd like to do one of those  Harley tours with some more guys.  So if I can ride to Las vegus  ( how do you spell las vagas) That would be good enough.

Probably end of July ish  bit of trouble with a visa Im told --have to get it through the internet and I have yet to find out what a license conversion to ride a motorcycle and drive a car is all about.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: July 11, 2010, 02:47:05 pm
Shouldn't need anything more than your UK licence to rent vehicles in USA.
San Francisco to Las Vegas about 600-ish miles far as I recall.  Best way is fly to New York and drive all the way west. Fantastic trip.

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #80 on: July 11, 2010, 03:43:43 pm
Well there you go again making assumptions. I don't work,never have in the far east or do I employ cheap labour.

I did not assume anything. I merely asked a question.

Have fun in the desert. You should have no trouble finding Las vagus on the map. ::)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #81 on: July 11, 2010, 03:47:28 pm
Clamp, I think you and Mr. Hodge should have a cup off coffee.....when you visit the States.

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #82 on: July 11, 2010, 05:56:19 pm
Clamp, I think you and Mr. Hodge should have a cup off coffee.....when you visit the States.

Pozer,

Nobody here named "Hodge " ???

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #83 on: July 11, 2010, 07:26:47 pm
Pozer,

Nobody here named "Hodge " ???

Sorry,  Hoge....its the spell checker ,I am an American.......just can't spell.

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #84 on: July 17, 2010, 02:53:23 am
After reading this thread I have reach the conclusion that no matter where we ride we are all cursed with STUPID drivers. I've also reached the conclusion that you can fix crazy with pills, but you can't fix STUPID.  ::)

Ride safe and alert. {:{)}
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #85 on: July 17, 2010, 06:56:46 pm
Would everyone involved in this thread please go and make a cuppa.
Robert and REnfield in Michigan.