Author Topic: a little help please  (Read 2768 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
on: December 25, 2007, 09:55:09 pm
so I decided to put my new sealed battery on today and perhaps go for a little ride.. ;D

then I decided to check the breather box, but first I had to remove the battery box, and then discovered the tube that goes to the back of the air cleaner box from the breather box was glued on or something,  >:(

so I pulled out my pen knife and tried to get it off.. well I got it off and in the process cut a large hole in it  :o

Now, I have to replace it  :(

so I pulled out my spare parts catalog to make sure I have the right # when I order it tomorrow, if the folks here are opened. I think it is part  # 500128/a   (Breather Pipe)

Is that the right #  ?

the breather box had brownish white goop in it, quite a bit, matter of fact.. so I cleaned that out.. there is also a sealing gasket inside and it was broken.. that's probably the reason, I had oil down the side of the box and on the frame.  now I'm wondering if the gasket is replaceable or do you have to buy the whole breather box? 

Any help is appreciated

scoTTy

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 10:26:29 pm
You should be able to pick up some plastic tubing at your local hardware store that will work.
While your there check to see if they have some gasket paper and make a gasket
for the goop collector.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 03:22:41 am
however in hindsight..  after trying to cut the tube loose from the battery box.. I realize it was done on purpose..  all I had to do was just pull both ends away from their connecting points and take the whole unit out as a whole..  though there is something wrong with supergluing a rubber hose.. especially one that transfers the crud I found .. back to the engine in one way or another..  I did some searching here and am about ready to eliminate my problems with the smog system