Author Topic: Thanks Kevin Mahoney  (Read 5135 times)

emskee

• Scooter
on: June 21, 2010, 07:16:45 pm
Kevin,

Don't know how to reach you directly (I suppose I could ask someone, but I'm already typing).

Anyway I want to thank you and POC for everything you've done.  All is well and and I suspect that it'll stay that way.

I'm a customer for life.

Stay well and keep doing what you're doing,

Mike
1998 Harley Davidson XLH1200 (Gone)
2001 Victory Standard Cruiser (Gone)
2004 Victory Vegas (My buddy Danny has her)
2005 Ural Gear Up (Gone, With good people)
2009 C5 (Gave it back)
2010 C5 (Still at home)
2010 Ural Taiga (Ditto)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:05:49 pm
Mike,
Thanks for the kind words. You or anyone else can reach me here by a PM or just pick up the phone - 800-201-7472
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:57:20 am
Get THAT from Willie G. Davidson .......  ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:20:51 am
I must add to this. Last week I had the oportunity to speak with the CEO as well. I did not realise it untill end of the conversation where I asked him his name. I make it a point to do so when calling in to corporations, so I can later say , "I spoke with so and so, and they told me such and such".

Anyway, he was very attentive to what I was trying to convey, and he was promptly able to resolve the issue, after Dear ScooterBob had told me to go elsewhere (wink wink). He probably went out of his way to get me warranty related repair done and parts delivered.

I would rate customer service at CMW as A+. I had read posts on the forum where grieved posters would come back and sing praise for CMW after being told to stop posting scathing remarks. I now know why.

Dear Sir, another customer, for life (life of the RE).

Another thing, this forum: The best I have been on.

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 03:29:55 pm
I'll second that.

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 06:29:28 pm
This nice forum is part of the reason that I'm going to be buying a bullet (hopefully this week). I find it admirable that RE feels comfortable running a forum like this where people can speak openly.

Having friendly and open support goes a long way in my book.

CMB

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 07:05:48 pm
I sent an email to the company contact address bugging them about California certification, and was suprised (and pleased) to get a reply from Mr. Mahoney. I think he either works very hard to please his customers, or he dosn't have much to do - so he answers email. :)

I'm getting my G5 as soon they're legal here. But I'm not holding my breath...

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 09:39:02 pm
Where in CA are you. Ask your dealer to organize an RE ride or some get together. I am in Napa and have been anxiously waiting for RE's to be introduced here. I brought mine into CA from another state. I owned it before I moved (Thats legal too).

CMB

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:04:30 pm
I'm in Rialto, which is just west of San Bernardino. My dealer, DOUG DOUGLAS MOTORCYCLES, has a G5 for show and a C5 for demos. They've let me ride it a couple of times.

I have considered buying in another state. If I total my ride or it gets stolen, the DMV will let me register a non CARB-approved replacment bike. All I need to do get a beater, ride it to Arizona and torch it!

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 11:29:13 pm
mmmmmmmmm No. That would be illegal. Like you said they are legal in CA now. Also theer are a few used RE's available in CA. Check out : www.royalenfields.com

I have wondered though : Now that RE's are CARB approved, could one buy a used C5 or G5 from out of state, and register it in CA. There is a military green for sale in Alaska (only 30 miles), bought in New Mexico, shipped to Alaska, never used, still sitting in crate.

CMB

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 11:36:39 pm
Are they CARB approved? I haven't heard that yet.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 12:08:01 am
From what I know the SFO store , Munroe Motors will have them for sale in July. Its almost a done deal if not a done deal already .

douglasmoto

• Scooter
  • Top 100 dealer winner
Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 09:47:04 pm
They are not CARB approved....yet. It's a matter of waiting for the red tape to clear up. CARB is not exactly the most business friendly organization so it takes a somewhat unpredictable amount of time no matter how good the testing and application completeness. CMW has crossed the T's and dotted the I's and we're all VERY anxiously waiting now.

This Sunday is the public introduction of the new RE's at the Venice Vintage show. I'll be there along with a couple of other dealer representatives and more importantly Kevin and an very special RE factory guest will be there.

Hope to see and meet a few of you there!

Art
www.douglasmotorcycles.com
Doug Douglas Motorcycles
San Bernardino, Ca
Royal Enfield and Triumph
www.douglasmotorcycles.com

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 01:28:48 am
Hi Art,

Once they are CARB approved (hopefully soon), could one buy a used UCE from out of CA, and register it in CA. Could you answer the question for both scenarios (with and without 50 state sticker ).

Thanks.

emskee

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 01:58:10 pm
One of the best hijacks I've ever read! :)
1998 Harley Davidson XLH1200 (Gone)
2001 Victory Standard Cruiser (Gone)
2004 Victory Vegas (My buddy Danny has her)
2005 Ural Gear Up (Gone, With good people)
2009 C5 (Gave it back)
2010 C5 (Still at home)
2010 Ural Taiga (Ditto)

CMB

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 03:45:44 pm
One of the best hijacks I've ever read! :)
Some of us are more disciplined than others... or we need some discipline!