Author Topic: Ok to do an exhaust and airbox on the UCE?  (Read 6017 times)

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 09:26:40 pm
Ha Ha yes I like the bark all right.  Of course, a bit more bite always welcome too.. ;)

Will, I do recommend the Goldstar pipe as fitted to the Clubman. You will get the bark you want, a couple more horsepower and I can tell you from experience it does not backfire in the manner that C5 riders have reported with the sports pipe.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 10:03:55 pm
I guess I've been lucky, no backfires with the upswept exhaust. I wouldn't care if it did, big singles are supposed to pop once in a while :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 10:13:00 pm
I guess I've been lucky, no backfires with the upswept exhaust. I wouldn't care if it did, big singles are supposed to pop once in a while :D

You really do have God's own C5 don't you!  ;D

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:09:18 pm
I hadn't considered the upswept Goldie exhaust, but it does look good and I like it more than the straight one. I'm not sure whether my saddlebags might be in the way of fitting it though. I'm investigating....
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 08:28:49 pm
Yes, saddlebags may well be an issue. I got some that are a decent size and don't foul the exhaust for £45. Basically they're also upswept as in being being shorter at one end than the other. You may have to factor that in but it would still only be £150 all in. Plus the adaptor pipe - I think it's about £25. Commiserations over dropping it btw.  :-[

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 08:43:54 pm
You really do have God's own C5 don't you! 

It seems so doesn't it? I still think the C5 was designed specifically for me! :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:27:32 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:17 pm
I think I can just about get away with the saddlebags I've got - they're the backward leaning type and I think the Goldstar pipe will leave a couple of inches clearance. But I've found an odd discrepancy on the Watsonian site when I was looking at the exhaust pipe - the illustration in the Accessories/Silencers section (click on the picture below the elbow pipe) shows a double pipe - one inside the other, but the close up of the exhaust in the Clubman Gallery (pic no. 10 of 11) shows a single pipe. Have they changed it? Which one have you got Clubman?

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 09:40:42 pm
Hi Will,

The double pipe as shown in the accessories, i.e. exactly what you would buy. I think you'd be more than happy with it. They seem to have deliberately airbrushed the inner pipe in the gallery section. Justy as the detachable seat hump has no allen bolts actually attaching it. Why they can't just show it as it is I don't know.  ???

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 09:49:47 pm
Thanks Clubman.
It'll be a done deal before the week's out. I'll get it via the dealership to avoid the delivery costs from Watsonian direct.

""Why they can't just show it as it is I don't know.""  I don't know either. B.S. makes the world go round apparently... ::)