Author Topic: Hello from northern Europe, Finland  (Read 2198 times)

ES-335

• Scooter
on: June 24, 2010, 11:23:47 pm
I have got my royal maroon C5 in September -09, before winter rode some 3000 km. And since mid April it counts 5800 km (3600 miles?) now. What a cool looking and sounding machine and fun to ride. My first motorbike at age 45, had some 50 cc mopeds in my youth, though. Wife likes it too!

FYI, I have got to report some misfortune too. There has been auto decompressor failure twice. I managed to get home engine running with loud ticking noise at first time. 700 km later the second failure caused some 3 miles (in total) sweaty bike pushing to home, also misfired engine blasted the air filter box lid open, lock broken to pieces.. Authorized service has repaired the fault twice within 1 year guarantee, but now the auto decompressor (the flyweight thingy) was not installed. Electric starter does not need the decompressor it was told and so it also seems. Been riding 500 km OK after last repair. Tool box lock disappeared before 1500 km, a new one still holds on.
I am not happy with the air filter box design, it is not dusty air tight (hinges and that plastic seal). First aid could be to tape the box lid air tight as one owner in India suggests.

But now it is midsummer fest here and about the best times at hand to thump down the road! Hope You understand my not so fluent english.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:29:24 pm
Welcome to the forum!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Drifter

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 01:37:08 pm
Welcome, pushing a new bike is not fun, reminds me of the old Brit bike days when the prince of darkness, no not OZZY the other one named Lucus made all the electrics.  Lost a good woman because she tired of pushing that 500 Daytona.....

ES-335

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 10:14:01 pm
All right, I´ ve done  some stone hit -kind of make up painting, and washed, waxed and polished all the red parts of RE I could reach. Here and now the RE maroon paint is not available. And the Ford´s pepper red shade is not exactly the same but I can live with that. Have You noticed that speedometer cable scratches the paint off the front fender?
Heh, today is the main summer festival evening in Finland with lots of see-thru-party-liquor. But as usual, rain hit us  ... well less drowned people. me and my son pushed our 2-wheelers into garage for better days.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:26:08 pm by ES-335 »

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:20:52 pm
Welcome. Look forward to hearing from you on the forum as you and your new nike have some adventures. By the way, my grandparents were from Finland and  grew up taking sauna at their house twice a week.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 12:00:11 am
 Welcome aboard ES-335.
No worries about language. Bullet is universal  :D

No matter where you go, there, you are.