Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1812002 times)

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #4320 on: April 17, 2014, 05:39:08 pm
Hey Scottie, Any vintage road racing events there? I always preferred nice stable Pavement to Dirt. Do be careful; there are Old Riders & Bold Riders - Not as many Old, Bold Riders.
  Wish I was young & strong enough to do that.  Good Luck, Craig
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4321 on: April 17, 2014, 05:56:03 pm
One thing to love about the iron barrels, you could buy a new one in 1990 and put it right into a vintage race.  Scottie, I think you may need to get a second bike: one for the track and one for the street. 

Scott

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4322 on: April 17, 2014, 06:01:18 pm
Craig - I believe there is.  The complex I raced at on Saturday also has a short road track.  I've been considering running some laps on that when I go back out for practice.

Scotty -I've been contemplating picking up a Bullet and Fireball'ing it for a track bike.  But the Blackhawk just runs so freaking good!

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4323 on: April 17, 2014, 06:03:27 pm
Then Fireball a bullet for the street ;)

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #4324 on: April 17, 2014, 11:31:09 pm
Got some Christmas in April!  My most excellent RE Dealer, Scoot Over Tucson, ordered some things for me from the Nfield Gear catalog.  (On a side note, I normally try to stay away from dealers, but this is not the case concerning Royal Enfield, specifically this dealership.  It is mom/pop run and seems like you're just hanging out with buddies while there.  An experience unlike any other as far as a dealership goes.)

Anyway, got the luggage rack with removable pillion that I wanted, will have to get it re-covered as Nfield Gear doesn't carry a tan one.  Got some more jets to tweak the carb to my previous upgrades, a new gas cap as the old one was leaky and chrome was flaking off, and the bullet signals  8)

Love the signals  :)

Wiring was direct plug-n-play.  I had read up and was expecting a single wire and body ground, but they came with two wires each and were very easy to hook up.

Doing the wiring with connectors, tape, heat shrink tube, and flex tubing made me realize that I need to get into the nacelle and tidy the rest of it up...  :o

For the rear I just used a piece of aluminum bracket I had laying around and bent it into a 'Z' shape for the signal and mounted it in the stock location.  I used the second hole on each side (for the dimple cleat on the stock connection parts) to run the wire behind the bracket.

The luggage rack will require more engineering, the front legs won't reach the top of the shock mount without tilting the entire thing forward which does not please me aesthetically.
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #4325 on: April 18, 2014, 04:34:29 am
Used my girl to raise money on a miserable day!
If the gave me at least a dollar I'd let them sit and take a photo.
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #4326 on: April 18, 2014, 06:01:13 am

Love the signals  :)

Wiring was direct plug-n-play.  I had read up and was expecting a single wire and body ground, but they came with two wires each and were very easy to hook up.

Good job. The new signals are much better than the clunky stock ones. Neat install.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4327 on: April 18, 2014, 06:08:16 pm
Rode to work today.  The AVL rings are settling in nicely and it's a lot of fun to ride.  The Chrome AGM battery seems to be working just fine.  Still not getting 14V on charging after the rewire.  I'll try the larger headlight and see how it goes but I may just order a new regulator/rectifier at this point.

Scott

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4328 on: April 18, 2014, 06:35:27 pm
Used my girl to raise money on a miserable day!
If the gave me at least a dollar I'd let them sit and take a photo.

Thats the way to do it. Supporting a cause ?
----
I rode mine to work.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #4329 on: April 19, 2014, 03:38:31 pm
............. Still not getting 14V on charging after the rewire.  I'll try the larger headlight and see how it goes but I may just order a new regulator/rectifier at this point.

what elec. test equip. do you have ?
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #4330 on: April 20, 2014, 08:21:59 am
Thats the way to do it. Supporting a cause ?
----
I rode mine to work.

Good Friday Appeal, raises money for the Victorian Royal Childrens Hospital.

Went on an adventure and got lost! Ended up on some 4X4/trail bike track and kept going for around 5 miles before heading back, they all gave me strange looks, I think the old girl was doing fine off road ;)
Also felt her get up to 100kph and even 120kph for an overtake, smooth as silk and didn't feel hot at all :D
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #4331 on: April 20, 2014, 09:06:43 am
~ My most excellent RE Dealer, Scoot Over Tucson, ordered some things for me from the Nfield Gear catalog.  (On a side note, I normally try to stay away from dealers, but this is not the case concerning Royal Enfield, specifically this dealership.  It is mom/pop run and seems like you're just hanging out with buddies while there.  An experience unlike any other as far as a dealership goes.)~

Same thing at the RE dealership nearest me, Vince's. He has plain old honest coffee on the warmer for us to ward off the chill and always has something hilarious to say when we get there.

He lumps my order in with his regular order and in this way he gets a small cut and I get a break on shipping. My out the door cost after tax is still a good bit lower than ordering direct+shipping.

What did I do to my Royal Enfield today?

Stripped and cleaned the carb, replaced the fuel line and filter, drained and flushed the tank and topped her off with fresh gasoline.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

hogdad

• Scooter
  • 2012 C5 Military Special
Reply #4332 on: April 20, 2014, 09:41:02 pm
Easter Sunday today, and two celebrations.  5:30 AM Sunrise Service and Christ is risen.

2:30 PM Installed the new battery in the Royal Enfield, and the C5 is risen.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Military
2009 H-D Road Glide FLTR
2003 Triumph Bonneville T100
2000 H-D Electra Glide
1980 H-D FXS Low Rider
1979 H-D XLS Roadster
1978 Triumph Bonneville
1969 BSA Lightning
1966 BSA Lightning

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #4333 on: April 20, 2014, 09:56:13 pm
Same thing at the RE dealership nearest me, Vince's. He has plain old honest coffee on the warmer for us to ward off the chill and always has something hilarious to say when we get there.

He lumps my order in with his regular order and in this way he gets a small cut and I get a break on shipping. My out the door cost after tax is still a good bit lower than ordering direct+shipping.

Yup!  Good dealerships are hard to come by with any vehicle.  I know I seem to toot their horn allot, but I think it's important for folks to know, and for our host to know, that there are really good dealers out there putting good reputation with good service.

Even made a little vid when I was there the other day...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JVguwI2a7Q

Easter Sunday today, and two celebrations.  5:30 AM Sunrise Service and Christ is risen.

2:30 PM Installed the new battery in the Royal Enfield, and the C5 is risen.

Awesome!  8)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:45:12 pm by azcatfan »
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4334 on: April 20, 2014, 10:31:07 pm
New front brake pads, flushed the brake fluid, lubed the chain.