Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1811673 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4230 on: April 07, 2014, 09:17:27 pm
Forgot my glasses at home for the second time so I just went home at lunch to get them.  After weeks of rain we've got 78F and sunny skies so I took the bike for the ride back.  She's running well after the winter mods and downtime.  Time to start messing with more stuff...

Scott

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4231 on: April 07, 2014, 09:19:26 pm
Damn it Tom!  The flat track season starts this Saturday and now I want to tear my motor down even tho there isn't a single thing wrong with it.    8)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4232 on: April 07, 2014, 09:22:05 pm
There are people who are willing to leave well enough alone.  I don't know any of them.

Scott

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4233 on: April 08, 2014, 12:04:18 am
There are people who are willing to leave well enough alone.  I don't know any of them.

Scott

???..... Why ?  You mean to Just RIDE it ? ONLY ?!  Ummmmmm...... Pffffffff . WHAT fun would THAT be ?!  ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4234 on: April 08, 2014, 12:05:41 am
Exactly!  Who does that???  I don't imagine they'd be much fun at parties.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4235 on: April 08, 2014, 12:31:38 am
Exactly!  Who does that???  I don't imagine they'd be much fun at parties.

NO, I imagine not !  OoohhhOOoooofff..... must be four wheeled vehicle driving types !  Have you ever met one ?  What are they like ?!   LOL !

@ Scottie

If you can find beehives that work in your application, they are the way to go. A little research and knowing what you need. They're are a LOT of springs out there. Also Smith Bros. in Oregon makes very good rods and will make you up any chromo rod you need... adjustable or not. At a very good price. If you want to give them a call, forget the guys name? But he is pretty Sharp with the old Brit bikes.

A good article by David Vizard.....

http://www.strokerengine.com/camtech2.html

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4236 on: April 08, 2014, 12:45:15 am
NO, I imagine not !  OoohhhOOoooofff..... must be four wheeled vehicle driving types !  Have you ever met one ?  What are they like ?!   LOL !
:-\ ??? Us jeepers are fun people!  1.5 mph top speed crawling over big rocks!

Anyway, had a good time running around on the GT this weekend.....50 degrees in Tundraland!!! :)
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4237 on: April 08, 2014, 12:50:28 am
I just laughed out loud at the last 5 posts!   ;D

I just can't leave my toys alone.  There is always something to improve, some mod to get more power.  I have a feeling I'm going to be tearing this motor at least half way apart in the next couple of weeks.  I have a bigger camshaft to install!

Scottie J

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4238 on: April 08, 2014, 04:52:08 am
:-\ ??? Us jeepers are fun people!  1.5 mph top speed crawling over big rocks!

D'oh !!   :-[   THATS different GSS.    You know.....  I actually have several of them four wheeled vehicles in the family. And two are four wheel drive ! I can can crawl on stuff !  Well... somewhat ?!  ::)   ;)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4239 on: April 08, 2014, 05:02:32 am
Speaking of rock crawling......  People build trucks much differently in Colorado than they do in Wisconsin.  In WI people build their trucks with the biggest nastiest tires they can afford with 12" suspension lifts, throw a bunch of money at the motor and trans and go through 2'-4' of mud and swamp water.  Out here, the height is much more conservative with 35" tires and a bunch of money into suspension.  And then you have odd balls like me who take a '95 Subaru Legacy wagon, put in a 3.5" suspension lift with meaty tires and drop in a high compression NA motor.  ;D

Scottie J

Roy L.

• Scooter
Reply #4240 on: April 08, 2014, 12:16:01 pm

Just about ready for action. We're about 3 weeks early this year in Finland thanks to the mild winter.
Electra EFI 2012.
New crashbars, wider and higher bars (US Interceptor) windshield, luggage racks.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4241 on: April 08, 2014, 05:50:04 pm
My 4-wheel experiences. I've come to the conclusion that any more than 2 wheels in the dirt is hazardous!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4242 on: April 08, 2014, 06:05:20 pm
Oooooops!   ;D

Did you have one of those upside down "flip me over" stickers in the window?   ;D

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4243 on: April 08, 2014, 06:27:35 pm
Just came back from the airport on the RE. Did a stint in Botswana - Cape town to Johannesburg then a 450 km drive to Gaborone and 450 km back - a meeting the next morning and a 4 hour wait at the airport to get back to Cape Town to kick start my bike on the way home (still did not replace the solenoid). To get in and out of Cape Town International my only option is to tail gate a car...no allowances have been made for bikes...?

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4244 on: April 09, 2014, 12:07:03 am
Just finished putting 1000 miles on the Bullet (1007 to be exact) No engine related problems. It seems like it took forever. I brought it back into the living room, I'm going to change the oil, and pull both wheels to see what the brake problems are. Front works fine, but squeals like a train horn. Not all the time though. Slowing down from 60 mph it makes almost no noise. When you get almost stopped is when the noise starts. It does it all the time at slow speeds in town. I believe the rear brake is not centered properly and only one shoe is making contact with the drum. If you push hard enough on the pedal, it makes a grinding scraping sound. I think there is also a good possibility that both brakes may have gotten contaminated somehow. Maybe from some kind of preservative that was left on the drum/disc.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson