Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1834014 times)

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #3660 on: November 14, 2013, 09:25:58 pm
I'm seriously thinking of painting them now........

Scottie
OR you could look up BSA CLUBMAN HEADLIGHT SUPPORT BRACKET. It is a pretty easy bolt on, with moveable clamps on the radiused tube & loop brackets that fit Brit fork tubes at the top. Very neat period piece for the 7" headlamp.   See photos below.......
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3661 on: November 14, 2013, 10:20:38 pm
  Man... you had some nice ones!  Tell me me you didn't sell it ?!
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3662 on: November 14, 2013, 11:38:50 pm
Seducing beauties...  ::)
...just drooling  :)
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3663 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:16 am
Rode the bike into work today.  You know what's great about riding in 45*F weather?  Ripping at 65-75mph for miles on end without having to worry about overheating!   ;D  Got home and changed the main jet to a 290 rode it for a couple miles and tweaked the screws once more.  I'll try and do another top speed run this weekend weather permitting.

By the way, does this look any better?   ???

Scottie
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:40:54 am by Scottie J »
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #3664 on: November 15, 2013, 03:43:14 am
  Man... you had some nice ones!  Tell me me you didn't sell it ?!
YES, I sold it for MEGA BUCKS. Ever own something that is so precious to you, that you don't have fun for worrying about it?  I honestly enjoy my 2010 G5 Deluxe more than I did the Gold Star. The Enfield's performance compares very well, easier to start, easier to live with.
   Today was chilly, but the sun was shining, I got into my leathers & ran errands in town. I had a very good time & was even pretty comfortable. Despite the 59 club & BSA patches on my jacket, some guy in the Post Office asked me what model Harley I rode. I told him "I'm a leather freak & ride a Royal Enfield". His expression was priceless.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #3665 on: November 15, 2013, 03:54:40 am
Put another 50 miles on her today visiting a couple of doctors. One asked me how often I rode, and I said "as much as possible"  ;D  Then she asked if I ride a HD. When I told her RE she was really surprised. Why? "Because my sister owns one."  :o
The other doctor thinks I'm nuts.  :D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3666 on: November 15, 2013, 04:10:36 pm
YES, I sold it for MEGA BUCKS. Ever own something that is so precious to you, that you don't have fun for worrying about it?  I honestly enjoy my 2010 G5 Deluxe more than I did the Gold Star. The Enfield's performance compares very well, easier to start, easier to live with.

Yeah, I hear ya Craig..  Damn shame though.

By the way, does this look any better?   ???

Yeah, the black paint on the top of the legs look better.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:16:28 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #3667 on: November 16, 2013, 12:41:28 am
I rode my black/chrome G5 down "to work" today.

Once a year they hold a "BRING YOUR MOTORSPORTS FRIDAY" so the employes and retirees can bring in their special machines.
There were lots of cars ranging from a 1924 Ford model T coupe thru a 2014 Corvette including a friends 1954 Packard straight 8, a 1948 Jaguar Saloon, 1985 Rolls Royce. Camaros and Mustangs to name just a few.
The bikes ranged from a 2014 Yamaha FZ-09. a totally custom Harley chopper, a beautiful Triumph Trident thru a Yamaha RD400 and some off road bikes.
My Royal Enfield of course was one of the crowd getters with the, "I haven't seen one of those..., and "You mean their still making those?" that goes along with riding it.
 :)

I hadn't registered to show my bike but when I pulled into the area where the event was held with my Retirees badge hanging from my pocket, the guy at the gate insisted that I bring it in to park it with the rest of the bikes.  He was another one of those, "Wow!  A Royal Enfield Single!" guys.

For my efforts I, along with everyone else, got a free lunch from the company.

I not only got a free lunch but I also got a nice little plaque to say I had brought my ride to work.
:)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3668 on: November 16, 2013, 06:41:25 am
Always a good feeling when the bike draws compliments, especially from those who know what their looking at.
Went to the Barber today and the security guard, a long-time rider, actually RAN up to me and said it's the most beautiful bike he's seen in a long time. Good thing I was early cuz he wanted to know every detail from where I got it to what I'd done with it.  :)
After the cut I took it down to Old Town and drew a lot of looks from the good folks there. Of course, I was the only one there making any noise.  ::) All in all a good day.  :)
'12 C5 Classic

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3669 on: November 16, 2013, 11:34:52 am
heloego - Barber? Security guard?  Words I simply never expected to see used together in a sentence...

You aren't in prison, are you?

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3670 on: November 16, 2013, 04:38:33 pm
Guido says to tell ya "Hi!"  ;)
'12 C5 Classic

cstorckiii

• Bulleteer
  • In tune with the ancient line of Moto
Reply #3671 on: November 16, 2013, 09:35:43 pm
Replaced the faulty sprag assembly and starter relay. Now, on to the exhaust gasket.
With a 500cc Bullet under your ass, the world is in your fist.

windhorserider

• Rider of The Windhorse.
  • Scooter
  • I'd rather be in New Orleans.
Reply #3672 on: November 17, 2013, 03:37:35 am
Replaced the lollipops with bar-end mirrors.
2013 Bullet B5
2007 Ruckus
Past Rides:
CL360, CB750K, CX500C, XS1100, KE100, HD Panhead, Goldwing

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3673 on: November 17, 2013, 05:02:43 am
Started diagnosing why my bike wasn't charging and found the the alternator was completely fried.  Said screw it and pulled it out and put the bike together.  In between working on the bike, my step son and I kicked some ass cleaning out the garage for the winter.  I didn't want the Blackhawk to have a messy home and I needed to organize a little better anyways.  I even added a shelf for my oils and chemicals.  After all that I put the GPS on the bike and went out for a top speed run to see if there were any major difference after the main jet change and air screw changes.  (Up to a 290 main in my Amal now)  Ripping down the country road in the pitch black brought back some memories from my younger years.  LOL  Tipped 92mph for a split second but mostly stayed at 91mph like before.  Maybe I should replace my crank sprocket when I replace my clutch and alternator.   :D

The Man Cave

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3674 on: November 17, 2013, 12:27:41 pm
Scottie - how long will your bike run without an alternator to recharge the battery?