Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1811752 times)

crush02342002

• Bulleteer
Reply #3555 on: October 26, 2013, 03:59:15 am
Yes, I'm in Baytown, TX-146 about a mile south of I-10. When are you planning this ride?

soon while the weather is good. I need to figure out a meet spot and figure out whether or not to find a motel to stay the night at.

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #3556 on: October 27, 2013, 01:15:04 am
I finally got around to installing the TEC Girling look-alike shocks that Wildbill was kind enough to send up to Canada for me.....wait till the check bounces ;D

These shocks look like the shocks did on my old British bikes in the 50s and 60s and offer a huge improvement in handling and comfort. Highly recommended.

You can see my recently installed pedestrian slicer from the UK and 7" headlight and hood which all go to make the C5 look like it should.

I have none of the shaking and vibration issues some of the others do and other than two broken speedo cables my 2012 has been flawless.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #3557 on: October 27, 2013, 01:31:59 am
squire,

Very nice looking motorcycle. Good mods. Maybe some bar-end mirrors in the future?  :D
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #3558 on: October 27, 2013, 01:35:37 am
Thanks JVS, that's the plan!!!

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #3559 on: October 27, 2013, 01:50:45 am
I was wondering about that. Never did see a email from ye. Glad you got them , they look great!
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3560 on: October 27, 2013, 09:45:37 am
Lookin' good, Squire!  Now all you gotta do is ride it - I know you don't, because there isn't a speck of dirt on it!  ;D

Oh, and add some oil! ( ;) )

I like the black "RE" logo on the engine case - I did mine in red for a little pop of color to match the B5 badge on the otherwise all-black bike.  I also did the starter cover - it's easy to remove, so you can paint it at the kitchen table!

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3561 on: October 27, 2013, 12:23:05 pm
Squire,
The bike looks great! Is there a thread that discusses the shocks that you put on?
I am interested in finding out more about them.
Thank you

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #3562 on: October 27, 2013, 04:16:42 pm
Squire,
The bike looks great! Is there a thread that discusses the shocks that you put on?
I am interested in finding out more about them.
Thank you

There's been a few of them but here's what started it:

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,17231.0.html

They are great shocks and a big improvement over stock but good luck trying to get a pair, I was lucky enough to get Wildbill bill in Australia to send me a pair.

squire

• Bulleteer
Reply #3563 on: October 27, 2013, 04:24:29 pm
Lookin' good, Squire!  Now all you gotta do is ride it - I know you don't, because there isn't a speck of dirt on it!  ;D

Oh, and add some oil! ( ;) )

I like the black "RE" logo on the engine case - I did mine in red for a little pop of color to match the B5 badge on the otherwise all-black bike.  I also did the starter cover - it's easy to remove, so you can paint it at the kitchen table!

Actually, I just got back from a ride before taking the pictures. I ride every day but not always the RE as I have a few bikes so I have to alternate!!

Lots of oil in the engine but I put it on the sidestand first so the oil puddles to one side making it look like its low. If I manage to keep the bike upright after turning it off it shows exactly half way up the window. As you know there's been numerous threads on this.

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3564 on: October 27, 2013, 08:53:25 pm
Are you in the Houston area? Im trying to plan out a ride around lake Livingston and it would be cool if I could get another Enfield in the mix.

When you have a date for your ride, let me know as well. Maybe get another Bullet on the ride. 
1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3565 on: October 27, 2013, 10:24:29 pm
Bike looks so nice I started to smile.
But I wouldn't dare to ride, mine always collects mud and dirt...  ;)
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3566 on: October 27, 2013, 10:33:04 pm
Lots of oil in the engine but I put it on the sidestand first so the oil puddles to one side making it look like its low. If I manage to keep the bike upright after turning it off it shows exactly half way up the window. As you know there's been numerous threads on this.

Yeah, just stirring the pot... or should I say, poking the hornet's nest?  ;)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3567 on: October 28, 2013, 12:42:50 am
I finally got around to replacing the head gaskets this weekend.  Unfortunately the copper gaskets are for a standard bore and I think it's causing some interference with the piston.  It's making a lot of chatter but running like a champ.  So I was taking it easy and hot torqued the head bolts twice.  The more I got on the throttle the more quiet the motor got.  I'll put a little more time on it over the week and check the valve adjustment again.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

crush02342002

• Bulleteer
Reply #3568 on: October 28, 2013, 01:57:53 am
When you have a date for your ride, let me know as well. Maybe get another Bullet on the ride.

Will do!

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3569 on: October 28, 2013, 10:11:03 pm
While still waiting for a replacement fuel tank some other stuff got in. One made it already to the bullet.  :D

moriunt omnes pauci vivunt