Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1844565 times)

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7620 on: July 23, 2018, 10:19:54 pm
Hi Ergyd, your lights look exactly how I would like mine to look. I will check those links out.

thanks,

Blairio

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7621 on: July 25, 2018, 04:44:42 am
I looked over Electra in preparation for her annual MOT (Ministry of Transport) test tomorrow. In checking over all the lights I remembered that I had replaced the 'tiger eye' and pilot light  incandescent bulbs with LEDs, and they look hideous - a nasty blue / white, instead of the nice warm (and ineffective) amber glow that Lucas (Prince Of Darkness) kit used to give off.

Update - my Electra sailed through her MOT test, however there was an Advisory on the rear tyre. After 4200 miles it is getting a bit 'thin on top', not unlike its rider. I have a high level exhaust fitted and I rather fancy moving to 'dual purpose' tyres, to promote its 'scrambler' vibe.  The ones I am thinking of are : Ensign Universal Trials tyres 3:50 x 19, from Hitchcocks. These are £80 each in vat.

A less extreme tyre would be the Mitas H-02's. They are actually road tyres, but have a chunky 'off road' look to them, and come in at around half the price of the Ensigns. I fitted a pair of Mitas H-01's to my old Francis Barnett. They have decent grip and a 'classic vibe'.  They are also very good value.  Does anyone have experience of the H-02 tyres on an Enfield ?

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #7622 on: August 03, 2018, 04:44:26 am
A little spit and polish and a needed chain adjustment and then a little 100 mile exercise ride to check out a recommended new Mexican restaurant.  Both the ride and the Restaurant were excellent and both were HOT---About 102 degrees in Elsinore today at 12:30.  Made it home in time for my nap!

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7623 on: August 03, 2018, 07:00:16 pm
Recalibrated my speedo...

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:52:50 pm by portisheadric »
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7624 on: August 03, 2018, 08:58:53 pm
Recalibrated my speedo...

Recalibrated?
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7625 on: August 03, 2018, 09:22:07 pm
Recalibrated?

See the lines on the bezel ;)

Does anyone have experience of the H-02 tyres on an Enfield ?

Yes. H-01 on the front and the H-02 on the rear 26F and 29R. They're ok. I take it easy in the wet but that's probably just me and they seem ok to me on a lovely day. I'm not a peg scraping rider anyway :D

The price swayed me. I think johno runs a set as well. I've had them on for about a year now but I've probably only put about 1500 miles on them so far. It's been too hot of late to go riding. You can't win. You want it dry and sunny but not like riding in a furnace :D

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #7626 on: August 04, 2018, 05:17:56 am
Completed adjusting the lowered LaPera saddle and installed the National Cycle deflector windscreen.  Now ready for a LONG trip somewhere when it cools off a bit

Wrc323

• Scooter
Reply #7627 on: August 04, 2018, 06:13:45 am
Disconnected the side stand switch.  8)

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #7628 on: August 04, 2018, 07:20:26 am
re-adjusted the LePara to a lower and more comfortable position - Makes a big difference in handling.  Installed a National Cycle deflector windscreen.  At my age I am into comfort and ride enjoyment which is the Enfield's strongest attribute.  Will attempt to send pictures.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7629 on: August 07, 2018, 07:14:07 pm
My bike started misfiring and generally misfuelling yesterday and previous experience led me to believe this was being caused by a dirty lambda sensor which once cleaned would perform normally. This was not the case, despite copious amounts of cleaner the problem remained so I opted to solve the problem by pluging in an £11.00  O2 delete resister block from my parts bin which gave an ECU reading of 1.1 volts @ pin No.7 ????

This solved the problem and bike now running without problem again.  Also took the opportunity to clear out a few stored fault codes from the ECU at the same time...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:40:23 pm by portisheadric »
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7630 on: August 07, 2018, 09:43:28 pm
Scotty Brown -- so you pushed your motorcycle past the green security post shown in the background of picture #4? ;D

I have a Burly tank bag from CMW I really like (magnets and zippers everywhere, super well made) but I have to put a microfiber towel underneath to prevent tank paint wear.  What's your solution?
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7631 on: August 10, 2018, 02:40:23 pm
Decided to treat the old girl... so I replaced the 3yr old iridium plug in my EuroIII B5 with a new one.
This BPR6EIX had managed 27,330 miles without any problems, although it had been removed a couple of times during its lifetime to check on the tip    8)

OEM plug @ 1,000 miles
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:43:50 pm by portisheadric »

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #7632 on: August 14, 2018, 07:17:12 pm
Rode Fiona to work about 175 miles one-way in northern Michigan... With about 1K miles on the clock She broke her first speedometer. Another 1900 miles have elapsed since, and She's either parted her speedo cable or tossed Her second speedo - will have to dig into the nacelle this afternoon to determine.

She's also awaiting a replacement LH switch assembly, as Her turn signals have gone Tango-Uniform and the diagnosis leads to a defective turn signal switch.

(Oh, hey! Long time, no see... How've y'all been?)
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7633 on: August 14, 2018, 08:07:19 pm
The ElectraX carb switchgear internals are identical and the switchgear can usually be had for less than 1/4 of the EFI switch gear price :) 

Use what you want and save the other bits for later ::) 
or if you don't mind reworking the Bi-starter cable just fit the whole switch.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7634 on: August 15, 2018, 05:41:30 am
Demonstrated threshold operational capability of rear rack (two 15-paks of Budweiser Natural Light).  Bud is what my Descanso workshop landlord drinks so that's what I drink when in Descanso. ;D

You are looking at downtown Descanso.  The Federal building (ie post office) is to the left.  Perkins is the "other" town hall.  We've got two restaurants and two churches.  Since they "de-cowboyed" the Stallion Oaks Ranch the quick-draw shootings and drunk driving property intrusions have pretty much disappeared.  And feuds are now pretty much limited to honking contests.  Boring...

The rack is removeable (4 bolts to H&B C-Bow brackets) and includes a Givi E300N2 base plate.  Paint and RE decals are on their way.  This is just one of several dozen farkles I've installed.  I'll post an annotated album in Photo Gallery in a month or so.

BTW The_Rigger -- my speedometer needle was swinging +/- 5mph so pulled cable -- top 50% was dry.  I cleaned and lubed entire cable with Valvoline Palladium (high molybdenum disulfide content) and now steady needle.  YMMV.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod