Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1812082 times)

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6510 on: May 25, 2016, 08:39:56 pm
I stood next to mine for several hours in the rain on Sunday....

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6511 on: May 25, 2016, 10:17:25 pm
Sunday I tore the perfectly good engine apart on my 2015 C5 which has 1,200 miles on it. 

Sent Cylinder to be fitted with new Gashousegorilla / Scooterbob piston.  Head to be ported and polished, with multi angle valve job by the same. Bee hive valve springs and improved push rods for valve stability also.

My thanks to all involved in the research and development of this combination.  I dearly loved my bike before, but I know I'll be loving it even more after the completion of this upgrade.

I think you are going to have a weeee bit more fun on that bike now. ;)

:) :D ;D

;)

Off today, beautiful 85 degree day.  So I took it out to the country and beat it's ass on some country roads , then cruised home on the interstate doing 80 mph..... with short bursts to 90.  Traffic you know   :-\
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:09:37 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #6512 on: May 25, 2016, 10:22:29 pm
I might need a new helmet for riding the Hindu Hot Rod!   :)

Maybe some "Depends" too! :o
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #6513 on: May 25, 2016, 10:22:58 pm
Not much other than collecting all the stuff I order last weekend to install this week end. Lycett saddle and a mess of LEDs and a hand full of SS hardware. I'm still waiting on the airbox but I know it takes a bit for it to be made and then ship to me but I have time and the world will not end (I hope anyway ??? ) Now Saturday I plan to play and then ride!
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6514 on: May 25, 2016, 10:32:10 pm
Mjolnir and I went to a meet-up today ...... 

I had five too many PBRs, and, Mjolnir stole some hardware ....

The monster of the midway !  MUCH better then those gold " bowling trophies" one see's with the lame figurine on the top.

I might need a new helmet for riding the Hindu Hot Rod!   :)

Maybe some "Depends" too! :o

You might could if ever put cams in that bike.   You'll hit 4000 rpm's and say , " what the hail was that ! :o"   Hahahaha !
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:13:53 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6515 on: May 27, 2016, 06:08:08 pm
Put some out of date oil based mastic sealant down the handlebar ends followed by a handful of ball bearings.
Vibration level has decreased enough to know the 15 minutes it took and was time very well spent :)

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6516 on: May 27, 2016, 06:57:08 pm
I went to the shop and paid my bike a visit.  It's all together, sounds great, and starts a lot easier than ever before!  I will be transporting it to the Dyno guys next week! ;D

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6517 on: May 27, 2016, 09:04:29 pm
Tried 22psi in front. Not liking that at low speed. Hardly any vibes thorough bars though.

Biggest plus today was finding decrease in spark plug gap to 0.5mm made the bike so much smoother on the throttle. It's a different bike, no switch off/on feeling at low revs at all.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6518 on: May 28, 2016, 01:54:08 am
Installed the Lycett saddle and a mess of LEDs.

I'll post posted tomorrow. It was over 100f in my garage and I'm done to a turn...time for a shower.  :-[

BTW every bike I've ever owned has had the A/C go out on it as soon as it gets hot, the RE is no better that the rest and I can't even find the switch for the A/C on it.  ::)
2012 Kawasaki Versys

Eagle56

• Bulleteer
Reply #6519 on: May 30, 2016, 09:11:20 pm
After weeks and weeks of trying different ,plugs new coil and leads with continuose break down's and engine popping and farting like a bad dose of ghandies revenge.
I tried its old Bosch super twin R6 plug and it ran like it did before.
A flat spot that was there before  but no breakdowns
I wonder how far I can push it or hopefully not.
(Fingers crossed)
Still wondering dobiac tuner or not to tempt fate while its back up and running

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6520 on: May 30, 2016, 09:50:44 pm
The saddle's much better that stock. I may add a bit of stiffener to the under side to get the "Sitting on Springs" feeling out. And I may make a new front mounting bracket to move the saddle forward on the bike an inch or so. But I'm just going to ride right now.

Man if you don't upgrade to LEDs you have no idea what you are missing. All the indicator light, turn signals. bright beam and neutral, are now clearly visible in bright sun light. Might be too much at night but I rarely ride at night here other than to work. WAY too many drunks and critters.

I ordered LEDs for the blinkers, the chrome bullet blinkers I got from CMW use a 1157 base and I had a hard time finding these that would fit in the blinker housing. You can wire these as a running light/blinker as the are a dual element bulb but I wired both legs to the blinker feel hoping for brighter blinkers.  Hopefully they show by the weekend. I found a E12 blinker relay for LEDs in my "Box 'o Stuff" so all I'll have to do it looks like is pick up some diodes to stop cross power on the LEDs. 
2012 Kawasaki Versys

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6521 on: May 31, 2016, 06:31:23 pm
Did my key mod to make it look a bit more "period".
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6522 on: May 31, 2016, 06:50:57 pm
Took it for a ride, came back home and removed the tank and poured out all the ethanol gas. Put the tank back on and poured in a couple of gallons of Sunoco Optima ethanol free race gas (about $18 worth) took it for another ride to make sure the Sunoco got all the way through the system, brought it back and parked it in the living room, connected the battery tender, and put a cover over it. It's done for the summer. I will start it up a few times during the summer, but even if there was a nice cloudy day, I can't afford to ride it. I'm not putting any more ethanol gas back in it until riding season starts again sometime in late October. I hope to get the carb conversion done this summer, along with a new exhaust.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6523 on: May 31, 2016, 08:35:49 pm

I like it. I'm pretty sure that my father has some of those knobs somewhere in his house that actually are from the 60's and 70's.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

stevew

• Scooter
Reply #6524 on: May 31, 2016, 08:49:23 pm

How did you make that Malky?  Looks just right.
Reckon it would be good enough to grace another UK Bullet.... ;)
2014, Honda Wave 110i
2013, Maxsym 400i
2001, C90
2011, B5 UCI Enfield
Orpington, UK