Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1811273 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #6495 on: May 20, 2016, 04:10:06 am
I discovered where rear seat spring nuts go when you drop them.  After about 1/2 hour of moving my bike and searching everywhere with a flashlight, I solved the mystery... they land right in the center of the rear wheel and hide between spokes!

Re-mounted  my PC-V module.  The adhesive vel-cro had come loose from the bottom of my seat leaving the module to vibrate around on the rear fender. The hard plastic case actually chewed up the center of my maroon fender stripe under the seat!  Once I discovered this I wrapped it in bubble wrap with electrical tape until I could get to re-mounting. 

I tried a few other adhesive tapes, double sticky foam etc... Between vibration and gravity nothing would hold it.  I finally bolted a metal bracket to the front seat mount, put foam tape on that and the module on the top side with two nice zip ties going diagonally around it.  This should hold for many miles!

Went for a nice ride yesterday exploring some affluent waterfront view neighborhoods in Seattle.  Although it's slow riding, I enjoy the views and the roads are always very twisty with hills.  I find that even the rich homeowners smile and wave as the chrome / maroon Enfield passes. 

I also stopped by the Backfire Moto event in the Ballard district of Seattle.  Once a month it is a classic bike and "cafe racer" get together.  It was a light turn out due to big grey clouds in the sky. 

I saw one old Royal Enfield twin, but it didn't say what model it was, and I couldn't tell.  It was well used and unrestored.  I took pictures for later identification.  Anyone else see (or own) it? 
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6496 on: May 20, 2016, 03:44:24 pm
This morning, I left her at home and got a ride into work. My rear tire went flat last night and I had to get her towed home. This really sucks because today is a great day for riding.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #6497 on: May 20, 2016, 06:20:39 pm
This morning, I left her at home and got a ride into work. My rear tire went flat last night and I had to get her towed home. This really sucks because today is a great day for riding.

Sorry about the flat. My front tire flatted and those Avons are the stiffest tires. I gave up on the irons and had my local tire guy change the tube, hey for $20.00 it's worth it.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6498 on: May 20, 2016, 08:51:00 pm
re-fitted the O2 sensor. I looked into insurance on the bike with 'modded' bits and decided I like the cheaper option.

It had started to pop more on decel lately, but it did rev really well. At least I've got it if I decide to change my mind.

Tried front AM26 @ 23psi, need to test it wet at that. Seems ok when giving it the beans, lower than Avon recommend though. Rear @ 29.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6499 on: May 21, 2016, 02:06:30 am
Finely feeling good enough (getting old's not all it's cracked up to be :-[ ) to spend money on the C5. I ordered a Lycett seat and the name plate for it from our host AND a air box from ACE. And I just want to check on bulb sizes and base type before I place an order for LED replacements (I'm on my 3rd tail light bulb) from SuperbrightLEDS.

Hopefully I get it all in by next weekend and get it all installed.

Plus I'm changing oil in the morning.

Still saving for a Fireball head for the C5...going to be saving for a LONG time I fear.  :P
2012 Kawasaki Versys

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2012 C5 Bullet Classic / 2002 Iron Barrel
Reply #6500 on: May 21, 2016, 03:56:13 am
Sealed an exhaust leak betwixt header pipe & EFI silencer on the C5 & wrapped the tiny baffle with 4 cycle baffle wrap. Hoping for a decel pop reduction.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:38:27 pm by rtillery02 »
Some Folks Grow Old & Wise, &
Some Folks Just Grow Old.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #6501 on: May 21, 2016, 02:19:23 pm
   Smoked a rear wheel bearing on the Dyno the other day. So I replaced them all around with with Japanese made Nachi bearings.

*DAMN*  now THAT'S some serious horsepower !!!!!
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6502 on: May 21, 2016, 04:09:52 pm
Finely feeling good enough (getting old's not all it's cracked up to be :-[ ) to spend money on the C5. I ordered a Lycett seat and the name plate for it from our host AND a air box from ACE. And I just want to check on bulb sizes and base type before I place an order for LED replacements (I'm on my 3rd tail light bulb) from SuperbrightLEDS.

Hopefully I get it all in by next weekend and get it all installed.

Plus I'm changing oil in the morning.

Still saving for a Fireball head for the C5...going to be saving for a LONG time I fear.  :P

Would like to see a pic of the saddle when fitted.
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6503 on: May 21, 2016, 05:01:55 pm
Would like to see a pic of the saddle when fitted.

You got it.

I also want to see about rerouting some of the under seat wiring harness I see that runs over the cross frame member to clean things up a bit. Ain't nothing that can't be moved with a hand full of zip ties.  ;D
2012 Kawasaki Versys

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6504 on: May 22, 2016, 05:11:57 am
Mjolnir and I went to a meet-up today ...... 

I had five too many PBRs, and, Mjolnir stole some hardware ....

1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6505 on: May 22, 2016, 05:13:09 am
I got my chrome bike filthy with road dirt.

Went for my first long ride in the rain.  Bought a nice Grunden rain coat along the way and kept dry and warm through a long deluge ride.

Met with RE friends, then stopped by the new Royal Enfield Seattle.  It was a RE-ally great day!

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6506 on: May 22, 2016, 05:15:57 am
Nice trophy Gremlin! I've never seen one like it.

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2012 C5 Bullet Classic / 2002 Iron Barrel
Reply #6507 on: May 22, 2016, 03:14:39 pm
Finally got my parts in for my iron barrel, they had a holdup in NY usps for 8 days...geez, customs, I guess. Got my timing gears cover back on last night after the neoprene worm gear seal & quill bolt R&R. once again, the job was tougher to think about than to actually do, I wish now I'd have thought to order some allen head cover replacement bolts, guess I'll source'em locally. Took a WHILE to get the oil picked up & movin, my knee will feel it this time but it's good to have my thump back.
Some Folks Grow Old & Wise, &
Some Folks Just Grow Old.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6508 on: May 25, 2016, 05:16:51 am
Sunday I tore the perfectly good engine apart on my 2015 C5 which has 1,200 miles on it. 

Sent Cylinder to be fitted with new Gashousegorilla / Scooterbob piston.  Head to be ported and polished, with multi angle valve job by the same. Bee hive valve springs and improved push rods for valve stability also.

My thanks to all involved in the research and development of this combination.  I dearly loved my bike before, but I know I'll be loving it even more after the completion of this upgrade.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6509 on: May 25, 2016, 07:53:54 pm
.........Sent Cylinder to be fitted with new Gashousegorilla / Scooterbob piston.  Head to be ported and polished, with multi angle valve job by the same. Bee hive valve springs and improved push rods for valve stability also. .....

:) :D ;D
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5