Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1813200 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6450 on: May 05, 2016, 05:50:36 am
try that quick take off in the first 3 gears -that's impressive compared to stock

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #6451 on: May 05, 2016, 01:37:05 pm
Already done! Love it! ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6452 on: May 05, 2016, 01:38:49 pm
well in that case - how about wheel standing it!...  ;D

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6453 on: May 07, 2016, 10:21:15 pm
Had a set of AM26 fitted. I started, then thought for £20, stuff it.

Someone in the local rag might want a set of used Avon SMs. 

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #6454 on: May 08, 2016, 01:35:13 pm
Finally, some decent sunshine unlike the last 3 years, my B5 was tucked away for winter only coming out on the odd day every month for a check over. A NT700VA being my winter transport this year. This is now off the road for summer while I change wheel bearings tyres and brake parts. So out came the Enfield for a pleasant 30 mile chug around the local area, I love the smell of the melting winter preservatives and wax on the hot engine! I'm hoping to get some good 200 mile weekly round trips in over the next few months.............until the rain and storms set in again that is!
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6455 on: May 08, 2016, 05:06:53 pm
Took a run to Auld Reekie (Edinburgh) Sun Sun Sun  8) 8) 8)
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6456 on: May 08, 2016, 08:46:42 pm
Went for a good ride to Chris Walker Kawasaki and enough to bed in the new tyres. Hmm, W800 on 0% finance is tempting.

These new AM26 have affected my speedo rather drastically it seems as I saw 90 on it!! Did almost think I could get it to 100 but ran out of road.

Will have to GPS test now to see how far out I am.

Also noted this around in odd spots on tyre, do I need to go up or down the current 25psi? Mind you it was rather hot day today.

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6457 on: May 08, 2016, 10:15:50 pm
Went for a good ride to Chris Walker Kawasaki and enough to bed in the new tyres. Hmm, W800 on 0% finance is tempting.

These new AM26 have affected my speedo rather drastically it seems as I saw 90 on it!! Did almost think I could get it to 100 but ran out of road.

Will have to GPS test now to see how far out I am.

Also noted this around in odd spots on tyre, do I need to go up or down the current 25psi? Mind you it was rather hot day today.
I'm running front 22psi, rear 30psi. Tried a few variations, these suit me best.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #6458 on: May 09, 2016, 08:21:03 pm
I run 28 front and 32psi rear, unless you were cornering like a track star, I would say with wear on the edges the tyre is under inflated and could benefit from a couple more pounds of air in it.
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6459 on: May 09, 2016, 08:57:11 pm
Ah, it appears I've dropped a clanger here. Realised tonight that this was where the sticker was and I'm looking at old glue.

Panic over lol.

For info though, I went to 27F and felt more buzz through the bars.

2014BulletC5

• Scooter
Reply #6460 on: May 14, 2016, 12:03:23 pm
What did I do with my Royal Enfield?  I watched it being hauled away on a trailer by the dealership.  Unfortunatey this was probably the last time I'll see it.

I got run off the road Tuesday morning by a speeder.  I was making my way through an S curve that crests a hill and had slowed down just a bit because it was wet and because I've seen deer crossing in this area numerous times.  Next thing I know there's a huge pickup truck right on my tail.  He came through that curve hauling ass.  One second there was nobody behind me and then next thing I thought I was going to get hit from behind.  I served off onto the very narrow shoulder but was going too fast to keep the bike under control and wiped out.  I never did look at the speedo but estimate I was traveling at probably 40 miles per hour.

My helmet, jacket and gloves did their job and I am okay other than a couple bumps and bruises and a scraped up knee.  The bike's front fender and headlight are badly dented.  I also scratched the seat, engine, exhaust and brake reservoir and lever.  The foot peg is bent in against the kick starter.  Pretty much every painted surface on the right side of the bike is dented or scratched.  The handlebars are bent so there might be fork damage.

The bike seemed to run fine after the crash and I made it into work only a little late.  But I'm afraid it might be totaled by the cost of replacement parts.  Not even 4,000 miles on it yet. 

Interestingly I recall being surprised that the bike's tip over sensor doesn't work.  Funny how stupid little thoughts like that are what I recall.

And of course the c*cks*ck*r didn't even bother to pull over and see if I was okay.  He just kept on hauling ass.  Thanks for everything you *ssh*le!
Royal Enfield!  3/4 Ton Up!

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #6461 on: May 14, 2016, 01:48:03 pm
Glad to know you're doing OK.  There's a lot of things out there trying to kill bikers, from gravel on the road to deer and other animals crossing in front (or over the top of) you.  But it's the humans that really irk me. Some folks really don't belong on the road.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6462 on: May 14, 2016, 02:16:05 pm
As long as you're fine that's the main thing. Bikes can be repaired or replaced.

‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6463 on: May 14, 2016, 08:01:39 pm
If they total it, see about a buyback option, And fix it yourself. 

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #6464 on: May 14, 2016, 08:44:15 pm
Just ordered a couple of bits from CMW for the C5, EJK and some Biltwell grips.
Already got the 50s style exhaust from Hitchcocks sitting on the shelf.
I just want to put a few more miles on the bike before throwing some speed at it. At least get the 1st service out of the way.
I love the C5, but standard, it's just too damn quiet! Some extra go is always welcome!

Krusty

2015 RE Continental GT - Black
2016 RE Classic 500 - Lagoon Blue