Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1811497 times)

pmanaz1973

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5955 on: July 30, 2015, 04:45:05 am
Thanks Scotty.  Kind of what I figured.  I adjusted my old Nolan a bit and that was a trail and error sort of thing.  Nice find on the foggy mask.  I'll order one up.
1984 XL350R
1991 XR250L
1976 Harley XLH 1000
1993 CBR 600
1976 Norton Commando 850
1972 BMW R75/5
2014 Royal Enfield C5

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5956 on: July 30, 2015, 04:40:57 pm
Fogging? Fogging not since I added a Penlock insert to my Quest. My HJC CF-17 came with the insert and I was so impressed I sprung for the Quest as well

Those are nice too and work very well. 

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #5957 on: July 31, 2015, 12:22:09 am
Ventilation in the Qwest ain't that great, but with a Foggy Respro it never matters.  I got one a while back for fall riding when everything tends to get fogged up all the time.  It works so well and it's so comfortable I never took it out.  I tried the new helmet for a day without it before I moved it over.  Really worth it, I never get fogging ever now.

http://respro.com/store/product/foggy-mask

Scott

Again, to each his own.  I bought one of those, and never could get it to fit comfortably and still have a good seal - and, every time I tried to move it around to readjust the fit, the velcro hooks that stick to the cheek pads shredded the material a little more.  For me, both useless and destructive!  It's keeping my shelf fog-free...

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5958 on: August 24, 2015, 10:00:36 am
I eased the round cable entry hole in the headlamp casquette (top outer, lower inner section) with a Dremmel to remove the kink it was putting in my clutch cable. The touch up paint on the bare metal could not be seen once the grommet had been pushed back into place. The clutch cable outer moves easier within the opening and the inner cable feels a smoother now it has a much cleaner run :)

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #5959 on: August 24, 2015, 01:34:40 pm
Added a heat chromed heat shield to the B5's exhaust to hide the ugly original bracket on the header and the joint on the shorty muffler. also to stop my boots from melting on the pipe.
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5960 on: August 24, 2015, 05:18:14 pm
I like the fit and comfort of mine - so I'm inclined to wear it! - but I have a terrible time with the visor fogging.  And even one notch open of the flip-up visor directs a stream of wind right into my eyes, even at 10 mph.  I'd be curious to know if you have similar issues...

Three ways I've found to diminish fogging. One is shaving cream. Spread it on, polish it off. One is cutting a raw potato and wiping it across the shield, the polish it off.

If you want the industry standard, get some Cat Crap.
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5961 on: August 24, 2015, 09:16:29 pm
Found out today pushing the start button did absolute zip. Took apart the switchgear and cleaned the contacts with some fine sandpaper. Silicone grease over the contacts and all's good.

Kinda glad I had the kickstart option.

tpelle

• Scooter
Reply #5962 on: August 24, 2015, 11:09:25 pm
Three ways I've found to diminish fogging. One is shaving cream. Spread it on, polish it off. One is cutting a raw potato and wiping it across the shield, the polish it off.

If you want the industry standard, get some Cat Crap.

Reminds me.......gotta clean the litter box.
Remember, when riding a horse, you are not actually in charge, but are just another voting member.

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #5963 on: September 01, 2015, 02:26:06 am
The extra wire heat shield vibrated off the rivets yesterday on my way home from work, so since I had to take the large heat shield off I decided to cut it down and black it out.  I like the way it looks,  I might keep it like this longer then I was originally planning.

"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #5964 on: September 05, 2015, 02:01:09 am
That does look pretty good, in a "bazooka" sort of way.  ;)
I like the wire heat shield. Come with the bike, or after market?
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

i.candide

• Bulleteer
  • Romancing the Life
Reply #5965 on: September 07, 2015, 03:10:58 pm
I looked at the lovely beast and sighed..feel more like Charlie Brown than i.candide. This post is more like what I did not do than what I did. I did not dust her down or clean her or lube her or...

I'm in my sixth week post surgery. Fused 4 vertibrae and removed portions of 2. Doc says it will be up to 3 months - Noveember - before  I'll be back to normal - whatever that will be. Have not been able to ride since April.

I hope the new normal includes riding my C5 Galaxy!!!

Just when the dealer - one of the best (Southern California Motorcycles) - sorted out the stalling problem, this started.

The down time has allowed me to explore metal working, including welding. I hope I can start the planned work sooner than November. paniers, modified top box, napolean bar end mirrors, vibration isolation, etc.

Wish I had the knowledge to help out with other people's problems, but my ignorance shouts out too loudly.

This forum is my lifeline to the 'Enfield nirvana' of riding and working on my beautiful Military C5. Thank you all!

Please wish me luck.

i.candide
Romancing the life
On a 2015 Military Green C5
In Southern California

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #5966 on: September 07, 2015, 03:48:30 pm
At our age it sure doesn't take much to set us down for awhile, does it?
Sorry about the vertebra, bro, but good to hear you're able to use the downtime constructively.
Best of luck with the recovery.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #5967 on: September 07, 2015, 11:15:35 pm
Please wish me luck.

i.candide

Consider it done!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5968 on: September 08, 2015, 04:19:39 am
I.candidate, sorry to hear about you back issues.  Still, for all the work you had done the recovery time doesn't seem too bad.  Patience, you'll be riding again soon. Here's hoping you heal up well.

Scott

i.candide

• Bulleteer
  • Romancing the Life
Reply #5969 on: September 08, 2015, 05:01:05 am
Thank you for all your encouragement. It seems that Nov is wayyyyy awayyyy. I needed the boost.
Romancing the life
On a 2015 Military Green C5
In Southern California