Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1834447 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4665 on: July 07, 2014, 06:13:42 pm
I bought it! It's a Forest Green Bullet and I'm picking it up on Monday!

Joe from London, (over the pond)

Congratulations and welcome to the forum :)

I rode to work today for the first time in too long.  I washed the bike yesterday for the first time in way too long.  She looks great when she's all shiny.

Scott

lemming

• Grease Monkey
  • Weezin' the Ju-uice
Reply #4666 on: July 07, 2014, 08:00:23 pm
Rear sprocket arrived! Will pick up the chain tomorrow and dive into it. Riding Tonks by week's end!
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"

2011 B5 Black - "Tonks" - My first bike. Gone, but fondly remembered.
2010 Harley Iron 883 1200 conversion - work in progress
1998 Yamaha YZF600R - streetfighter Mad Max

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4667 on: July 08, 2014, 12:38:12 am
            Do you ever get to Grand Lake? It was one of my mom's & my favorite destinations in the '40s & '50s as I grew up & got through high school. We probably made the trip through Loveland & Estes Park & over Trail Ridge at least 20 times. I'll never forget the time she let me drive for the first time.

I took my 1st wife & my kids (son 1 & daughter 8 ) there in 1970; scared 'em to death. If we had stayed in the canyon the night of the day we drove down into Grand Lake we would have all been killed in the flash flood that wiped out the whole Big Thompson Canyon. Stuff (& bodies) was found weeks & months later in Nebraska. 

I last drove it in '89 when my mom died & it scared the shit out of me. I guess death is closer now at 77.

I haven't made it to Grand Lake yet but I have been to Rocky Mountain National Park a couple of times, but stayed towards the Estes Park side.  I did make it to Loch Lomond today but I didn't take the bike.  I had it all loaded up and ready to go and I got this gut feeling to take the car instead.  I'm glad I did but because it isn't really a road, more like a rock trail.  I think I could do it on the bike, but it would definitely take some skill and patience.  I'll post the trip the Campfire section so as not to hijack this thread.

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Ryan J

• Scooter
Reply #4668 on: July 08, 2014, 11:51:31 am
Hello all.  Bought My 2012 C5 Military about 2 months ago, and have been lurking on this site for a while now.  Today I took my bike up the west coast of Hawaii and pass the 1500 mile mark.  Bike is really starting to run great.  The vibrations at 60 mph were a little worrisome at first but they are almost completely gone.   Loving Life :-)
Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford

2012 C5 Military

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #4669 on: July 08, 2014, 12:57:04 pm
Those roads are meant for bikes!  ;D I wish I had one when I checked out the Road to Hana.  :(
Enjoy!
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Royal Stargazer

• I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #4670 on: July 10, 2014, 03:00:10 am
Spent like two hours at work doing research on bulbs (don't tell them that) and went on a fixaholic rage today. Replaced a tiger eye (53,) neutral indicator (194,) and I didn't stop until my chain was lubed and my K&N was thrown out in favor of the old paper unit.

Amazing how something as simple as replacing a bulb can turn a guy's day around.
2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT, A racer for more than just cafes
2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Two doors too many
2003 Royal Enfield Bullet, two-wheeled time machine

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4671 on: July 10, 2014, 12:10:06 pm
Spent like two hours at work doing research on bulbs (don't tell them that) and went on a fixaholic rage today. Replaced a tiger eye (53,) neutral indicator (194,) and I didn't stop until my chain was lubed and my K&N was thrown out in favor of the old paper unit.

Amazing how something as simple as replacing a bulb can turn a guy's day around.

Yes, but - how many of you did it take?

I'm so sorry...  :(

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4672 on: July 10, 2014, 02:58:46 pm

You should replace your pilot lights with LEDs. It can be done for about 5 dollars and you won't have to replace another one ever again.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4673 on: July 10, 2014, 05:30:23 pm
You should replace your pilot lights with LEDs. It can be done for about 5 dollars and you won't have to replace another one ever again.

Anyone found any that look good?  A nice warm incandescent look, rather than the ultra-white, almost blue ones that I got - which I don't like?

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4674 on: July 10, 2014, 06:14:11 pm
Anyone found any that look good?  A nice warm incandescent look, rather than the ultra-white, almost blue ones that I got - which I don't like?

The ones I found do look kind of blue in the picture.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,19622.0.html

But they are very bright.
2014 Cream C5

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4675 on: July 10, 2014, 07:05:13 pm
I like the white ones. I replaced all my bulbs except the turn signals with white, the lens cover provide the necessary color. And keeps them bright enough to see in any conditions.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Royal Stargazer

• I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #4676 on: July 11, 2014, 12:53:12 am
Yes, but - how many of you did it take?

Three: One to fool my boss into thinking I'm working, one to buy the bulbs (and get disgruntled at how little the people at the local shops know,) and one to swear and mutter things like "my hands are too damn big for this! Who built this thing?" as I installed the stupid neutral indicator light under the speedo...

I'll do the LED conversion for the gauge lights, but I like the traditional "warm incandescent look" for the pilots.

Today I did more stuff to Scarlet: reinstalled the K&N RO-5010 that I took out last night. K&N filters seem to be less recommended on this board than most, so I decided to give paper one last go. I didn't like the results.

Managed to find a way to coerce the whole mess to keep together as I reinstalled that goofy black box thing, too.
2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT, A racer for more than just cafes
2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Two doors too many
2003 Royal Enfield Bullet, two-wheeled time machine

lemming

• Grease Monkey
  • Weezin' the Ju-uice
Reply #4677 on: July 11, 2014, 04:06:24 am
Done! Sprocket came in Monday, picked up the chain today, installed both tonight. Easy-peezy and Tonks is ready to rock the commuter trail again. Man, did it feel nice to be back on my own bike!!
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"

2011 B5 Black - "Tonks" - My first bike. Gone, but fondly remembered.
2010 Harley Iron 883 1200 conversion - work in progress
1998 Yamaha YZF600R - streetfighter Mad Max

medioXcore

• Scooter
Reply #4678 on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:16 am
Picked my girl from the shop and rode around the south shore oh Oahu and through downtown Honolulu. She runs so smooth and seamless.  I can't wait to take her out some more.  8)
2014 C5 Military

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Gen. James Mattis

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4679 on: July 11, 2014, 03:25:05 pm
I put bar end mirrors on last night. She looks a whole lot better without the lollipops.
2014 Cream C5