Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1812857 times)

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #4560 on: June 12, 2014, 04:02:13 am
If anyone is contemplating getting a SAMRAT tappet cover, do it!
The finish is extremely high quality and it seals perfectly, coupled with a half wingnut it looks superb!
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #4561 on: June 12, 2014, 06:28:31 am
If anyone is contemplating getting a SAMRAT tappet cover, do it!
The finish is extremely high quality and it seals perfectly, coupled with a half wingnut it looks superb!
That looks great! But does it fit the EFI motor?

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4562 on: June 12, 2014, 08:48:04 am
One for the EFI motor with a fake half wingnut bolted on would be cool :)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #4563 on: June 12, 2014, 09:23:06 am
I went for a 400 mile ride out to the Salton Sea. Never been there before. Took a short video of the road through Anza Borego. Not sure if this will work but here's the link.  http://vimeo.com/user4872598
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:25:46 am by olhogrider »

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #4564 on: June 12, 2014, 09:37:53 am
That looks great! But does it fit the EFI motor?

No it wont fit the EFI engine, but HC sells dressed up efi tappet covers :)

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4565 on: June 12, 2014, 02:52:31 pm
I rode to work today. In the rain. It was a fun ride.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4566 on: June 12, 2014, 03:30:33 pm

Funny, I went for rode in the rain last night.  It was actually quite relaxing.   :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4567 on: June 12, 2014, 04:09:26 pm
This morning was just a little bit heavier than a mist and I ride with an open faced 3/4 helmet for now. By the time I got to work (about 30 minutes), my beard was soaked and I had a big grin.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #4568 on: June 12, 2014, 11:51:53 pm
Prepped B5 for a ride to the fairgrounds tomorrow.  The Antique Motorcycle Club of America is holding a show this weekend.
http://www.vikingmc.org/
I'll be parking out front by the doors on Friday.  Anybody else planning to go ?

1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #4569 on: June 13, 2014, 03:48:28 am

I did aswell!
As soon as I got to work it cleared and is now 18 and sunny! :(

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4570 on: June 14, 2014, 05:16:23 am
Rode to work today.  The first 12 miles I was just cruising along put putting at 55mph enjoying the nice cool air in face at a relaxed pace.  Then about half way thru my commute, I started getting to the section of freeway with lots of turns and sweepers.  AND I got a hair up my arse.    8)     My fuel economy took a hit and my adrenaline rose as I started pushing the bike harder than ever thru the double S section with the new rear sets installed.  Holy crap is it exciting scraping your toes in a rhythm section at 80mph!   ;D  Ummm,  I mean 55mph.    ::)

Then on my way back home I kept hearing this strange rattle coming from the front that I couldn't pinpoint.  Then when I parked the bike at home, I noticed the headlight wasn't working so I took a peak at it.  The entire filament broke off from the bulb and was floating around inside of it!  2 days old!  Yeah, I won't be buying a Wagner 6024 ever again.  POS.

Also I built a new luggage rack for the bike.  I want to be able to start camping with the Blackhawk and strapping gear to a curved fender doesn't work worth a crap.  So I welded up and painted this guy today.  :)

And yeah yeah yeah.  I know my crappy seat cover is falling apart.  I got a number from a local DJ/Hot Rodder for an upholster, and I've called him 3 or 4 times but no return call.   :(

Scottie J
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:22:39 am by High On Octane »

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4571 on: June 14, 2014, 11:44:14 am
Also I built a new luggage rack for the bike.  I want to be able to start camping with the Blackhawk and strapping gear to a curved fender doesn't work worth a crap.  So I welded up and painted this guy today.  :)

That looks great!  You've banged together in a few spare moments a rack that looks better, and is likely much better made, than the OEM one I bought for way too much money - and mine still doesn't fit the bike!

And yeah yeah yeah.  I know my crappy seat cover is falling apart.  I got a number from a local DJ/Hot Rodder for an upholster, and I've called him 3 or 4 times but no return call.   :(

You know my feelings about that seat, chum, so I won't keep harping.  ;)

Besides, I renovated my living room, and I repainted everything except one built-in corner shelving/cabinet unit - two years later and it's the only thing that sticks out as unfinished.  So who am I to criticize?  ;D

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #4572 on: June 14, 2014, 04:25:11 pm
  I was planning on changing the fork springs too, but when I compared the old to the new they didn't match.  The new springs were a 1/2" shorter than the original springs, 20.75" on the new compared to 21.25" on the old, so I just put the old springs in back in there.  I also completely flushed out every component of the fork assembly with brake cleaner and compressed air.  It was kind of gross, 56 years worth of sludge.    :P      A good part in the bottom of each fork leg didn't even want to come out and took a lot of   I refilled the the forks with 8 ounces of ATF fluid in each leg.  Now I just need to get some new rear shocks.  :)

Scottie J
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #4573 on: June 14, 2014, 04:37:16 pm

Hi Scottie, When I installed my last set of progressive fork springs they were shorter than the stock springs (probably because they work in several bikes). The instructions had me insert a short length of cut PVC plumbing pipe on top of each spring, to make up for the length difference.
  I like the ATF in my fork legs also. I had some synthetic Amsoil to put in, now I can forget about them indefinitely.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4574 on: June 15, 2014, 12:42:58 am
Went down to the 7th Annual Cruisin' Havana today.  Met up with a buddy and checked out some Hot Rods and then had a beer at B Dubs.  Then as we were sitting down it started raining, so we just chatted for a while and enjoyed our brews and waited for the rain to slow.  Once we saw a break in the clouds he headed out, only to get hailed on 4 blocks away.  Took a chunk of hail right in my lip at 40mph, that sucked ass.   :o  Luckily it only hailed for a couple of minutes and it was light rain the rest of the ride home.  Coming down I-225 we decided to crack the bikes open for a half mile or so.  Turns out, even with a slipping clutch, I'm still faster than a '78 CX500 with a fresh motor.  ;)

Scottie J