Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1851941 times)

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #4365 on: May 01, 2014, 10:16:49 pm
Added the luggage rack w/pillion to the bike. 

damn fine machine you have there ......  definitely "Diesel Punk" caliber !
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Candoman

• Scooter
Reply #4366 on: May 01, 2014, 11:34:43 pm
Cut off the stock grips and put on some foam grips. A bit fatter and softer grip, also cuts a bit of vibes.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #4367 on: May 02, 2014, 01:35:44 am
Nfield gear didn't make the rear pad in tan so I took it to have it covered to match the saddle, I should get it back this afternoon...

Yup!  and here it is, not a bad match  8)

Oh, yeah, I remember now.  I bought those turn signals a year ago, and got the single wire ones - had a bit of a job wiring them.  Nice to know NFG is supplying ones that work for our bikes out of the box!

Yes, these were plug and play so much easier.  Some day I will find a rear lighting look that I actually like and make some more changes, but for now this is good.

damn fine machine you have there ......  definitely "Diesel Punk" caliber !

Thanks!  Most of the time the pad won't be on it, I really only bothered so i could give my kids a ride once and a while around the block.  Mostly the rack will hold my lunch box, and be a place to lock my helmet to when I go in somewhere or carry the occasional case of beer.  ;)
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #4368 on: May 02, 2014, 03:05:30 am
Very nice!
Seat available in black?
And P/N?  ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4369 on: May 02, 2014, 11:10:37 am
beautiful!  I have the same rig - I was wondering if, while you had the cover off, you were going to try to make the pad a little more, umm... comfortable.  But no need for your plans...

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #4370 on: May 02, 2014, 03:15:17 pm
Very nice!
Seat available in black?
And P/N?  ;D

It is this one, it only comes in black so you're in luck.  I had mine recovered locally to match my saddle.  http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/aftermarket-parts-accessories/luggage/rear-carrier-pillion-seat.html

beautiful!  I have the same rig - I was wondering if, while you had the cover off, you were going to try to make the pad a little more, umm... comfortable.  But no need for your plans...

I didn't, this was a cheap and dirty job.  A quick color match and cover for $20.
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

lemming

• Grease Monkey
  • Weezin' the Ju-uice
Reply #4371 on: May 02, 2014, 05:32:15 pm
Picked up leather saddlebags today second hand on Craigslist for $30. Will install under the seat/over the rear fender this weekend. Any tricks to removing the B5 seat, or just the obvious bolts?
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"

2011 B5 Black - "Tonks" - My first bike. Gone, but fondly remembered.
2010 Harley Iron 883 1200 conversion - work in progress
1998 Yamaha YZF600R - streetfighter Mad Max

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4372 on: May 02, 2014, 08:31:02 pm
Lemming - no tricks, just 2 nuts in front ( :-X ), and two nuts 'n bolts in back.  The front nuts ( :-X ) are attached to studs - the first time I removed them, one of the studs turned out of the frame rather than the nut off the stud; I thread-locked the stud back into place and that was that.

If your bags are "throw-over" with yoke, do something to protect your fender, because it will get scuffed up pretty quickly.  It's a good idea to protect any frame parts that the bags will contact, if you care about these things...

greenchilli

• Greenchilli
  • Scooter
Reply #4373 on: May 03, 2014, 10:56:22 am
Just tried to start my 2014 C5 today and when I turned the ignition key it made a clicking noise towards the rear and the electric ignition wouldn't work. So I thought battery may be dead - charged the battery to full  - now when I push the electric start it makes a loud clicking noise but doesn't do anythings else, no attempt to fire etc. Any ideas where the problem could be - never had any issues before and it has only done 1000 gentle KMs. Rode last weekend no problem.
Help needed. Thanks Paul

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #4374 on: May 03, 2014, 01:29:52 pm
Just tried to start my 2014 C5 today and when I turned the ignition key it made a clicking noise towards the rear and the electric ignition wouldn't work. So I thought battery may be dead - charged the battery to full  - now when I push the electric start it makes a loud clicking noise but doesn't do anythings else, no attempt to fire etc. Any ideas where the problem could be - never had any issues before and it has only done 1000 gentle KMs. Rode last weekend no problem.
Help needed. Thanks Paul

I assume when you say "electric ignition" you mean electric start?

And when you say "no attempt to fire" you mean the engine doesn't crank over?

That said, I think your battery's not up to par. Do you always use the electric start & make only short rides & then shut it off? And then crank it to life again? How many times in a given day? How many miles ridden? If you're riding 8 miles & stopping 6 times, your battery's chronically low. Is your headlight on all the time?

It takes many miles to replace what's taken out of the battery with just one electric start. Even worse if your headlight is on while the battery's trying to crank the electric starter. That clicking noise is the starter solenoid desperately trying to stay engaged without enough voltage.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

greenchilli

• Greenchilli
  • Scooter
Reply #4375 on: May 03, 2014, 08:34:04 pm
Thanks for that - the only problem is that my battery charger now tells me the battery is fully charged - so can that really be the problem?

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4376 on: May 03, 2014, 08:45:42 pm
IMO, this really should be a separate topic but anyway, here's a few things to check.

If it is off, turn the headlight on and let it glow for a few minutes.  It should not get dim.
Are the fuses all good?  Is the transmission in neutral with the green neutral light glowing?  Is the "kill switch" on the right handlebar in the "run" position?  Try pulling in the clutch lever before hitting the starter button.
Flip the sidestand down and then up and try the starter again.

Check the battery cables connection to make sure they are both tight.

Modern batteries have a habit of getting internal breakage.  They will appear fully charged but when a load is applied they can instantly poop out.  If you have access to a set of jumper wires you could try hooking your automobile battery to the bikes battery at the terminals.  If it cranks and starts you know your battery is bad.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4377 on: May 03, 2014, 09:12:08 pm
Added some racing stripes to my fenders !

1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4378 on: May 03, 2014, 09:58:46 pm
Added some racing stripes to my fenders !
8)
Adding 5 HP in the process.  ;)
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4379 on: May 03, 2014, 10:02:27 pm
8)
Adding 5 HP in the process.  ;)
The advert said 5+ per fender !!!!
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250