Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1830213 times)

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3615 on: November 09, 2013, 11:27:26 pm
I do like those mounted low on the swingarm, but then visibility from the other side is pretty bad.

Scott

I like the look up where you have it.  The low ones are bad boy and I was going to do it to my Bolt, but like you said, people can't see them.  Yours is unique and does fit the style.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3616 on: November 09, 2013, 11:34:58 pm
It probably isn't a problem in Colorado, but there is a new law in Cantafordia about mounting license plates and/or taillights off to the side like that. You can't do it!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Alan LaRue

• Bulleteer
  • Commute Time is Not the Worst Time of Day
Reply #3617 on: November 09, 2013, 11:41:43 pm

#3. My favorite: Added a Brake-light LED kit to my helmet. Lights up when brake is enabled.

Okay, that's awesome, but how does it work? Do you plug yourself in? Is it bluetooth?
Chinese food beats hopes and dreams any day.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3618 on: November 10, 2013, 12:53:15 am
Colorado is super laid back when it comes to bikes and the LCD highway signs often read "Look Twice Save A Life".  Here for a bike to be legal you only need a side mirror, DOT tires, lit license plate, headlight with hi/lo switch and a taillight/brake light combo.  There are all kinds of 2 stroke dirt bikes here that have been converted to street legal.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Alan LaRue

• Bulleteer
  • Commute Time is Not the Worst Time of Day
Reply #3619 on: November 10, 2013, 03:15:32 am
Today: Replaced clutch cable (thanks for the board help!), changed the oil, discovered I can't add. I performed the 11,250 oil change at 10,100, thinking it was supposed to be a 10,250 oil change. Now I shall forever be having to calculate it.
Chinese food beats hopes and dreams any day.

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3620 on: November 10, 2013, 12:50:45 pm
Just came back from a rally. The oldest rally held in SA - The Beaver Rally. I was told by the organisers that it was a classic rally without hooligans and that REMC would really fit in. Was I wrong - hardly any classic bikes and a lot of hill billies; we where even joined at our table by a completely naked man?

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3621 on: November 10, 2013, 12:58:00 pm
Just came back from a rally. The oldest rally held in SA - The Beaver Rally. I was told by the organisers that it was a classic rally without hooligans and that REMC would really fit in. Was I wrong - hardly any classic bikes and a lot of hill billies; we where even joined at our table by a completely naked man?

Aaaaaaargggghhhhhh???!!!    :o
That does NOT sound like a good time.   :(  I need more details.  This has got to be an interesting story.

Scottie

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3622 on: November 10, 2013, 01:32:54 pm
Organised by the Italian MC - these guys also organise the Toy Run, attended by 75000 bikers country-wide on an annual basis - probably the biggest run in the world. In Cape Town alone we go on a 15000 bike mass ride every year. I expected more from this rally - something with classical bikes; perhaps a Vincent Rapide, etc... Instead we got a booze-fuelled, macho event with a miss "Beaver" competition and the works. It turned out that the naked man has taken his clothes off  at every rally for the last 15 years and even occasionally rides his bike naked. He was beaten up in the past - arrested and jailed, but believe it or not, he was a rather intelligent fellow in his late 50's who currently builds and repairs bikes. In his collection is a Second World War Harley with a side car. I just think he was a little lonely and not appreciated for who he is. So now and than it is OK to go and get totally wasted but I was really hoping on a more classic event. Believe it or not - some of the guys were even tazering each other to prove their manhood - I'm past that stage - although I did take my RE at 4:30 min the morning for a spin around the camp (too many beers). The next morning I got a Neanderthal coming over to me replicate the sound of my bike in my ear drum. The morning after,  the same guy got so trashed he could not find his way back to his "housie" (but and ben). He fell down in a field somewhere - luckily not in the lake - where somebody found him, took him back to his tent, whereupon the entire campsite was treated to his loud and tearful re-union with his "wifie" - it seems her name was "skapie" (small sheep) and his beloved son, whose name appeared to be "seun" (son). Once the bloke stopped sobbing, the first thing he asked was for another Brandy and Coke... And then off course ther are the usuall guys without legs, walking around on their stumps or riding little cycles.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #3623 on: November 10, 2013, 01:46:54 pm
Cirque du SA?  ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3624 on: November 10, 2013, 01:52:18 pm
Without the grace an glamour ;)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3625 on: November 10, 2013, 02:15:42 pm
Well, if nothing else, sounds like an eventful weekend.  :)

Scottie

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3626 on: November 10, 2013, 04:00:09 pm
Okay but you left out "Miss Beaver"...Pics would had been entertaining..Glad u had  good time. GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3627 on: November 10, 2013, 10:31:41 pm
Scottie J and I rode 'em!

Beautiful canyon route interspersed with some nice hairpin curves and sand.  And a few miles of dirt road thrown in for good measure.

I had one pucker moment on a quick paved corner that had a sand patch all across it.  Scottie's Indian got lots of well deserved attention at our rest stop in Deckers.

We shared about 90 miles of riding and I wound up with almost 160 for the day.

Cheers,

Dan K.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:34:58 pm by DanKearney »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3628 on: November 10, 2013, 10:36:39 pm
It was a fantastic ride!  Beautiful scenery combined with hours of twisties and even a little dirt.  It's a shame we didn't have a GoPro recording the ride.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Too bad my headlight broke completely off 20 miles from home.  :(  No biggy, fairly easy fix.  A total of 150 miles for myself today.

Scottie
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:59:52 am by Scottie J »

gmmechanic

• Scooter
Reply #3629 on: November 10, 2013, 10:49:01 pm
rode it till dark and cold set in...great time with her today...true biker luv for the re...i leave my low rider in garage since got the military 500
2014 c5 military