Author Topic: Broken fuel pump out let…  (Read 334 times)

MowgliB5

• Scooter
  • My Bullet is Mowgli…
on: February 17, 2024, 08:06:13 pm
Hi all,

I went to got out for a ride yesterday seeing as the sun was out after the continuous rain  but never got out of the garden gate.

I recently had the fuel tank off to replace the fuel gauge sender unit and must have broken the fuel pump outlet putting the tank back on although I had the bike running.

I took a look on Hitchcocks site for a new pump and after picking myself up off the floor when I saw the price I was wondering seeing as it seems a common occurrence according to Utube, is there a repair kit on the market? I am not knocking Hitchcocks pricing as that’s the going cost of it or Royal Enfield for quality because it was my fault alone. Frustrated at the cost of my mistake :-\ .

Haggis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 10:29:11 pm
Try this, for a himmy but same pump.
Post in thread 'Fuel pump replacement - cheap' https://forum.himalayan-tools.com/threads/fuel-pump-replacement-cheap.138/post-354
Off route, recalculate?

MowgliB5

• Scooter
  • My Bullet is Mowgli…
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 04:06:23 pm
Thank you Haggis, I have ordered a new pump and going to have an attempt at repairing the broken pump using the same sort of idea as in the link. That looks like a pretty good substantial repair and when done I will have a spare pump. They must go fragile and brittle with age maybe?...

Silverback

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 02:55:13 am
Fuel pump issues and fragile fuel spigot was part of the reason I converted to carb.
2011 uce classic 500,  carb converted and trails bars.