Author Topic: Stupid hurts - even when eating  (Read 3342 times)

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
on: June 13, 2010, 03:40:35 am
We are on vacation in Themopolis WY. There is a Mexican restaurant here, Las Fuente, with a "Wall of Flame" for people that eat their wings covered in a ghost pepper sauce. They took my picture tonight for the wall. Those were some hot wings. I guess jalapenos can have up to a 8k units, these ghost peppers are the hottest with up to 1m units. My body was trying to physically expel the wings as I was forcing them down as fast as possible.

My son is so proud. I will sleep sitting up and I dread tomorrow, but it was fun.

Any other stupid eating stories out there?

-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'06 RE Bullet Classic Iron
'63 VW Beetle Ragtop (also classic)
'66 Chris Craft Cavalier Cutlass 26'
'02 BMW R1150R

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 04:04:13 am
Excellent! I don't have any stories myself but you might like the TV show Man Vs. Food.

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Man_V_Food

Good luck tomorrow, and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Jeff

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 04:10:29 am
I've tried doing stuff like that.
And paid the price too!
Those really hot peppers are very tough on the gut.
I love 'em, but the volcanic ones are dangerous.
 :D
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 04:32:35 am
Kevin needs to tell you guys the story of the little green pepper that looked like a green bean in India .......   ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 04:41:50 am
Actually, I do have a story. When I was 7 and my brother was 4, we were going through my closet and found my walkie-talkies. There was a bit of sticky brown stuff on the instruction sheet that looked like maple syrup. So my brother licked it and immediately started screaming his head off. My mother charged up the stairs, took one look at the scene, and accused me of making him lick battery acid. I was like, "What's battery acid?" But I got in trouble anyway and my brother didn't stop crying for like two hours.

Jeff

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 05:50:08 am
  My bravery came while stationed in Colorado when I was 19.  Went to the original Red Barn burger joint and took the challenge of the 2 pound burger.  You know the eat it all and it's free thing?  I weighed in at a paltry 175 pounds of pure Army Ranger b-- -ss at the time.  However didn't know you had to eat EVERYTHING on the plate (1/2 pound of fries and giantess pickle) to win the contest.

Long story short did eat the whole thing, but was nursing a bottle of Pepto Bismol for three days after.  Felt like I had ate a baby elephant, and could taste it for longer than three days.  What made it worse was the 18 mile patrol the Monday morning two days after ingesting the critter.  You don't much feel like anything physical let alone a trek with a 40 pound rucksack on your back and various weaponry draped over your shoulders.

Ah the memories of stupid things done.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 05:59:42 am
Kevin needs to tell you guys the story of the little green pepper that looked like a green bean in India .......   ::)

Oh my. Those are BADASS !

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 02:03:36 pm
I love hot peppers and hot food, so I nearly always order my food "extra spicy hot" when I go to restaurants. Because in most places, what they think is "hot" I cant even detect any peppers in it.

Well,  I went down to visit Texas one time.....
and I stopped in this Chinese place and ordered their Szechuan Chicken "extra hot".
That was a mistake.
So, the plate comes to the table, and there is this great looking Szechuan Chicken meal on it, but the entire meal is loaded to the max with dried red chili peppers. You know, the ones that look like little firecrackers. I'll bet there was 100 peppers on that plate, mixed in with the meal.
I figured I could handle it.
Wrong!
After about 2 fork-fulls, my Heineken was gone,  and I was trying to get the waitresses attention to get some more. And some water!
I ended up picking out all the peppers and putting them on the side, and the dish was still too hot for almost anybody to eat. Even me, and I LOVE hot stuff.
I've been known to sit down in front of a TV with a bottle of pickled Jalapenos, and eat them right out of the jar as a TV snack.

On the way home, I passed this billboard on the highway that advertised their " eat it and it's free" 96-ounce steak! I didn't stop at that place. :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:08:14 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 04:26:45 pm
I did the similar thing at the local Thai restaurant in WV - I asked for the food "Thai hot - not round-eye hot ...." BIG mistake. I should have known by the six faces that were peering through the crack of the kitchen door that it was going to be an adventure ..... Hahaha!! I made it through with a LOT of pickled ginger to tame the fire - and got a round of applause from the cooks. I paid the NEXT day ..... I should have eaten some ice cream for a chaser .... hahaha!! I STILL like the Pad Thai smokin' hot from time to time .....   ;)

blueberry

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 05:00:14 pm
Milk or milk products will put out the fire. But who the heck eats hot wings with milk? Sounds like a sin to me. Makes the beer gods mad.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 07:01:24 pm
Honey is one of the best to take the hot out.

Thai peppers in 'fish sauce' Scooter Bob, plenty plenty hot. With enough money over a little time those peppers taste like candy!  :o

GBBullet

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 10:46:40 pm
Ghost peppers are the ones that the Indian government weaponized
2007 HD Softtail Custom
2008 RE Bullet 500 Deluxe (Iron Barrel)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:29 pm
Ghost peppers are the ones that the Indian government weaponized

Really? I may have heard of that - My dear Darcie is a foodie - and she tells me this sort of thing from time to time ..... but it never really registers. I guess it's because there is no combustion involved .... but thinking about it, it's just DIFFERENT combustion when it's in your mouth and on fire ..... it'll still make you run "ton up" to get to a cold beer! Hahaha!!

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 11:27:12 pm
I'm not one for the really hot foods, my guts just can't take it but the local china buffet has some ultra spicey chicken dish that makes me sweat after 4 bites...

My stupid eating trick was downing a whole restaurant size jar of maraschino cherries one x-mas.....barf! Haven't had any since!
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Jinx

• Here we go again!
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 04:00:01 am
 I drank a pitcher of beer from a left over party keg as a bet. The keg had been in the Georgia sun for a week. I did not feel good to say the least. I hurled so much and so hard my ass sucked in my underwear. :o
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

2 ways to get to the top of a tree. Sit on an acorn or start climbing!

2008 RE Classic Deluxe
1990 HD FXST-C
1970 HD XLCH
1942 HD WLA
& probably enough parts lying around to make another bike. LOL!