Author Topic: Service manual for the G5/C5  (Read 16078 times)

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 08:58:33 pm
You're dead right there Clubman - I knew it would be fun, but turns out to be totally addictive. That said, things seem to be settling down a bit now, after the, uh, honeymoon, and having a motorbike is becoming just a part of life, rather than full-on-got-to-get-out-on-the-bike at every opportunity. And thank goodness! Everything has been neglected in favour of riding the bike these last weeks, and I HAVE to now spend some time doing the day to day mundane stuff before everything collapses around me... :o

But before I get back into all that dull stuff  -  just time for a quick thud around the lanes before dark I think...... ;)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 09:34:39 pm
Yes, I went through that got to take every opportunity phase too but since it coincided with the coldest winter for 20 years the miles still didn't build up that quickly. Now it's summer and while it has become a fact of life I'm also getting some good long rides in. And enjoying them enormously. I shall be down in the west country - your area I think - next weekend for the Exmoor bash at Brendon. My first motorcycle rally for 15 years! You're lucky to have those lanes on hand every day as they are surely the bikes natural habitat. Mind you I love 70mph sweepers on a good A road too. In fact - though I don't commute on mine and don't want to - I'd say there's nothing this bike is unsuited to. 

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 10:06:07 pm
Is that a Royal Enfield rally at Brendon?

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 01:49:13 am
Well I clocked 3002 miles last night just as I pulled into the home lane....

3000 miles in eleven weeks  -  keep an eye on that rear view mirror Singh  -  I think I'm catching up with you......   :D

You want me to keep an eye on that Rear View Mirror ?   I expect you to be coming head on, straight in Front of me driving on LEFT side of the road and zipping past me like a BULLET at 90 mph  ;D ;D ;D
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 07:57:40 am
Many years ago on my first driving trip to Europe, after a very early start from a French campsite, my girlfriend and I bowled happily along on the left hand side of the road for a good twenty minutes before the first other vehicle of the day, a truck, awoke us to my error :o . Luckily on a straight stretch with plenty of leeway, but a good deal of Gallic gesticulation and abuse from the trucker ensued  - all his worst opinions of ze idiot ross biff eatairs confirmed.... ::)

90mph? C'mon Singh - we can manage 120 between us can't we..?   ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:03:48 am by WillW »

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 08:05:34 am
HOORAY  -  upgraded to BULLETEER!  ;D

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 09:02:56 am
HOORAY  -  upgraded to BULLETEER!  ;D

Congrats on that!  :) Not an RE rally at Brendon; quite an assortment from Honda's to MZ's. I expect to be the only Enfield but who knows? Event is at Millslade House. We shall arrive about noon on Thursday and leave Sunday so feel free to look in.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 09:51:38 am
Thanks for the info. A run up to Exmoor is very tempting I must say, but depends really on workload and weather of course.
My neighbour just told me today is the great Plymouth Megaride - I'm right on the route so may go and tag on for a while as they go past.