Author Topic: After More Than A Month Of Waiting For A Harness Enfield Sends The Wrong One!  (Read 5381 times)

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
If you/your dealer are going to continue fill the oil to the manufacturers specification, you are going to continue to have oil in your airbox and on your exhaust. I am glad I didn't buy my bike new, so I wasn't bothered fixing my brake light, oil spitting, or shifting issues. I have enjoyed tinkering on my bike, but I had no warranty, therefore different expectations. I do hope your dealer gets it sorted out for you.

-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'06 RE Bullet Classic Iron
'63 VW Beetle Ragtop (also classic)
'66 Chris Craft Cavalier Cutlass 26'
'02 BMW R1150R

BornFromJets

• Scooter
Hey! Time for a Weekend Update:

I have the bike back from the dealer a good solid week and what I feared would happen did.... the hand rewire/repair of the harness is not working, blew fuses 3x while riding and once when parking. Those long up hill jaunts are still a killer, since I have no gears to down shift to I have to slow down to 1st gear speed to engage first gear then shift back up thru the gear range to make it up the hills.  So there it is back to where we started ... I'll have it towed back to the dealer this week. I've spent more money in towing this bike to pay out of pocket for new harness, upgraded lighting kit, deluxe saddle bags, solo seat, front disc brake kit and more... all of which I was going to purchase, until it blew out my budget.

Rick, you are absolutely right about "expectation", a crucial key to that equation to remember is; this is a NEW bike, not used with no warranty and should be read as no tinkering needed. It's not enjoyable to me to work on aa bike that, at this point, can't be fixed in even a reasonable way.

Singhg5, thanks for the optimism and support, nice to hear! I did consider the UCE but the dealer did not know when they were coming in and they were more expensive and with fuel injection the dealer convinced me I couldn't get it repaired anywhere due to the specialized equipment needed. At this point would I trust the UCE version? Could I
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:47:44 am by BornFromJets »