Author Topic: WOW over 500 members  (Read 16457 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
on: December 21, 2007, 03:03:37 am
WOW, I missed congratulating our 500th member. We have grown more quickly that I anticipated. What a great community!! We are not yet the largest Royal Enfield forum, but if you count posts we are the most active.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 03:11:26 am
Although its not easy to measure this, I'd think that the quality of the posts is pretty much the best around too.
If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 07:29:52 am
I like the fantastic quality of posts this board has - with much more activity; given a long run, we will have much more going on than the rest.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 01:40:50 pm
WOW, I missed congratulating our 500th member. We have grown more quickly that I anticipated. What a great community!! We are not yet the largest Royal Enfield forum, but if you count posts we are the most active.

Smartest too!

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 02:17:42 pm
and the best looking.
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

Sixty5inILL

• Sucker for a Pretty Face
  • Scooter
Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 05:09:51 pm
I have bailed on all other RE forums because of the constant infighting and bickering.

This is how it should be!

Happy (or Solemn, depending on your religion)  Holidays to all who are in a holiday season.  To the rest of you, Happy Friday!
'04 Bullet Sixty-5 Magic Black
'00 Bullet 350cc- bone stock, Athena Gray
'07 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600
'67 Moto Guzzi Sport
1979 Honda Twinstar CM185T
1983 Honda Shadow 750

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 08:20:02 pm
Much better dancers.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 02:03:42 am
What other forums!  ::)  As far as I'm concerned this is the only one I need. Everyone here is great. Quick to respond, non-judgemental, good sense of humor, willing to step up if someone miss-reads or is offended. Just a great class of folks.  ;)

Lets look to the new years & more great members.  8)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 03:36:34 am by VMAX »
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 03:33:43 am
Does anyone here have any theories as to why this one has turned out so different?

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 05:36:55 am
Does anyone here have any theories as to why this one has turned out so different?

It could be the relative average age of the members plus past bike experiences.  And maybe the personality that goes with liking the Enfield and British bikes in general.  Our testosterone levels have stabilized and seasoned with age!

Regards, Foggy
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 01:09:00 am
I belive foggy has it. How can you be an Enfield rider and a fighter? I know I dont have enough time for that.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 03:35:09 am
I like the old addage, which I feel pertains to RE owners/riders:  "There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots."  Our ages vary quite abit, as does our experiences, but there is enough balance to mellow us all out.   ::)

I see a difference between our RE riders & others that ride the modern, sleek machines,  today that parallels that of the fighter pilots of WW1 and the jet pilots of today. That may be a bit to glamorous, then again I think our machines are glamorous.  ;)
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 03:41:23 am
  today that parallels that of the fighter pilots of WW1 That may be a bit to glamorous, then again I think our machines are glamorous.  ;)

A big "Roger" to that!  I was a WWI pilot in a past life! :)

Regards, Foggy
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 07:14:28 am
I hear all that is being said, and I agree,,,but the question still remains about other RE sites on the net not being as mellow as this one, I thought?

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 12:24:30 pm
I have no explanation for the difference.  I have noticed the friendly, non-confrontational nature of this board as well.  I have a couple other experiences that are similar.

I belong to a couple of scooter groups, neither is Yahoo based.  One is inhabited, it seems, by people who are looking for the opportunity to show off their superior technical knowledge or to pick a fight.  The other is of a somewhat higher level technically (as far as useful information to the user is concerned), and much friendlier to be a part of.

I've found the same sort of thing in guitar forums.  In fact there is one group who got fed up with the bickering and nastiness on the original forum, so they broke away and started their own forum which is much more laid back.

As far as this group goes, if you look at the pictures of the bikes and their people it's hard to miss the age group we seem to represent.  Lots of grey hair and beards in this group.  I fit right in age and appearance wise.

I think there are a couple basic truths about internet communication that most on this board seem to know:

1.  The harder I work to expose your ignorance, the stupider I look.
2.  There's nothing dumber than an internet arguement.
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way