Author Topic: 18 tooth counter shaft sprocket  (Read 9097 times)

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 02:54:55 am
I have the 18 tooth sprocket in my tool box waiting for warmer weather (I am in Chicago) to install (along with heavy duty clutch springs and the shifter improvement bushings)

I installed the 7" halogen headlight conversion last fall. What a huge difference. It is like I didn't even have a headlight before.
Endeavor To Persevere

Current: '75 Honda CB550F, '76 Honda CB750F. Previous:  2007 Yamaha Vino 125, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000 Goldwing, '77 Honda CB550K, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES, '68 Suzuki K11, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 05:26:46 am
Going to work in a Psychiatric Unit, on a Bullet. Sounds kind of right, doesn't it. :)
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 03:10:51 pm
Ragman, you are absolutely right! As the old saying goes, "you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists office". Tinkering and riding this marvel keeps me sane!!  However, some of my coworkers think I'm a little "touched in the head" for riding an "antique". They, as of yet, have not discovered the zen of maintaining and sometimes even improving a machine.  It becomes a part of you.                                                                                                                                        Bankerdanny, one of the mods that I made to my Bullet was the heavy duty clutch springs. It made a big difference. The clutch grabs nicely and there is no slip. I still have the older 4 plate clutch and it tends to drag a bit when it gets hot in stop and go traffic. I use the neutral finder quite a bit and it helps.  I also want to see if the improved "clutch release pad" that I just installed will help. I'm also looking forward to being able to See at night with the new 7" headlight.  Thanks again to all of you.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 05:28:37 pm
Ragman, you are absolutely right! As the old saying goes, "you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists office". Tinkering and riding this marvel keeps me sane!!  However, some of my coworkers think I'm a little "touched in the head" for riding an "antique". They, as of yet, have not discovered the zen of maintaining and sometimes even improving a machine.  It becomes a part of you.                                                                                                                             

Ain't that the truth!
If I could only find a way to bottle up that warm & fuzzy feeling to get me through the winter!
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"