Author Topic: new rider slogan  (Read 7122 times)

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
on: May 21, 2010, 11:41:06 pm
What's the deal with buying a 10, 15 or 20 thousand dollar bike, wearing all the "live to ride" paraphernalia and then towing the bike on a trailer to a destination?
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:46:27 pm
Recently spotted on a helmet sticker;

" I rode my bike to trailer week"

;) :D ;D :)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 11:59:53 pm
 :D :D :D
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 01:30:19 am
If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.
Run what ya brung

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 02:14:25 am
not asking. i ride the bike to and from
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 04:07:47 pm
     I, too, used to look askance at such folks. But now I realize that they are just enjoying a different aspect of our sport. We are all posers to some degree. Harley guys hate Rice Rockets, dirt bikers don't care for street riders. Sport riders stay away from cruisers. And so on. Our sport is big enough to accommodate many different types of riders. Perhaps these riders simply appreciate a mechanical piece of art. The Guggenheim had an "Art of the Motorcycle" show.
     As long as it has two wheels we are all brothers (and sisters!) under the skin.

rivers

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 02:00:17 am
On the old Brit-Iron email list there was a wise man who's name I forget had in his sig file
" I don't care what you ride. I only care what I ride."
Words to live by.

Joe

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 12:00:21 pm
not asking. i ride the bike to and from

An apparently unsucccessful attempt at humor by turning the usual Harley rider's stock  explanation around on them.   This explanation is probably a useless attempt, also... 
Run what ya brung

Jinx

• Here we go again!
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 01:54:32 pm
 I've been in the saddle for 30+ yrs and I have a story. My riding "crew" and I were at a big rally and had pitched tents and were partying. A truck with a nice bike on a trailer pulled in. We strted talking trash 'cause we rode through 3 states on our bikes to get there and there's a wann'a be, poser,etc.
 The guy get's out and we promply shut up. He was a vet. and had no legs. 2 prostetic legs and crutches We helped unload his bike for him and he said "thanks Brothers, the sobs can take my legs but they can't take my bike". We sat around that night and realized it just doesn't matter if someone's not as hard core as you, just as long as they like bikes. He was more hard core than us and he "trailered" his bike. It's about the riders not the bike or trailer.
 We have to remember we are all "brothers". and like family. Good and bad. 2 wheels and wind in your face is what ties all of us together.
 The ones in this half hearted and see their bike as an extention of their bank account or dick loose interest sooner or later. Lots of low milage,well kept bikes for sale. ;D
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

2 ways to get to the top of a tree. Sit on an acorn or start climbing!

2008 RE Classic Deluxe
1990 HD FXST-C
1970 HD XLCH
1942 HD WLA
& probably enough parts lying around to make another bike. LOL!

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 03:04:06 pm
  My favorite is the neighbor who has a Sporty that spends around 1k a year at the local shop to tune it up and rides maybe to Dairy Queen three times a summer.  I put over three grand of mileage on each bike last year.  Don't think I got close to spending 1k on all three of the bikes for maintenance.  But then again I do 95% percent of my own work.  Just won't mess with installing tires unless I blow a tube on the road.

It's not what you ride, it's that you ride.  I heard that from a Hells Angel that traded me a paint job for a '68 Rambler SC 360.  Best ghost flame and skull paint job I ever saw.  Of course diamond dust black is one of my favorite colors.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 06:05:47 pm
Man I don't care if it's 27cc Mongolian moped with a wicker sidecar, I don't care who made it, or where they made it. If it's got two wheels and a motor I like it ,and I want to ride it. ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 03:04:21 am by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 06:10:17 pm
Man I don't care if it's 27cc Mongoilian moped with a wicker sidecar, I don't care who made it, or where they made it. If it's got two wheels and a motor I like it ,and I want to ride it. ;D

Man I wonder who bought the last one of those.  They are cool.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 07:48:23 pm
  My favorite is the neighbor who has a Sporty that spends around 1k a year at the local shop to tune it up and rides maybe to Dairy Queen three times a summer.
sounds like the guy up the street who has his bikes in the garage and an enclosed trailor in the back that has the h-d logo on the front and 'steel horses' spelled out on the back. the bikes hardly come out. i like the zuki slogan 'WAY OF LIFE'. about the only time i ride in a car is when out with the fam.
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 07:50:14 pm

An apparently unsucccessful attempt at humor by turning the usual Harley rider's stock  explanation around on them.   This explanation is probably a useless attempt, also... 
aw, you hurt my feelings aunternie
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 10:20:44 pm
On the old Brit-Iron email list there was a wise man who's name I forget had in his sig file " I don't care what you ride. I only care what I ride."
Words to live by.
Joe

Thank you Joe - These are certainly words of wisdom !  Applies to everything in life - whether it is motorcycle, cars, job, house, spouse ....... 

Reminded me of "DESIDERATA" that used to be a popular poem some years back.  Just of few lines go like this -

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. ....................................

Keep interest in your own career (two wheeler), however humble,
It is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. ........

The words in parentheses two wheeler is not part of the poem.   But you get the gist of what I am saying.  No matter what others have does not change what I have. 
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 08:09:53 pm
Man I don't care if it's 27cc Mongolian moped with a wicker sidecar, I don't care who made it, or where they made it. If it's got two wheels and a motor I like it ,and I want to ride it. ;D

Damn straight!

Now my neighbor has his cherry '71 Triumph 650 for sale..... Sh%! Like i need another bike to work on!
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 08:54:29 pm
As for slogans, I have allways thought "RIDE FREE" was a laugh :D
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 10:13:40 pm
Damn straight!

Now my neighbor has his cherry '71 Triumph 650 for sale..... Sh%! Like i need another bike to work on!
Get the Triumph, I'm trying to find a '62 Junak! ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

bri

• Scooter
  • rust belt iron barrel
Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 02:09:34 am
Q.  What do dogs and Harleys have in common?

A.  They like to ride n the back of pickup trucks.
2000 Bullet Deluxe

blueberry

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 02:28:04 pm
I just tell people to ride safe. I grew up in the 60s and 70s with small motorcycles as my only form of transportation. I would ride up to about 200 miles a day in the summer running around with my friends on 50s 90s 125s That's one reason I was pulled toward my RE. Simple basic motorcycle that is an absolute joy to ride. A newbie at 45-50 years old never had the experience of growing up on motorcycles. I think that makes a big difference in motorcycle attitude. Not better or worse, just different. Yes, we will trailer our motorcycles but only when we have time constraints and want to attend an event.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90