Members Rides

On the road again

Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2015, 05:15:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lookign for a performance kit...  (Read 1493 times)

• Scooter
Lookign for a performance kit...
« on: December 25, 2007, 11:32:30 am »
Hi guys!
I'm looking for a performacen kit, but need some help to choose between this two. Any experiencies? Thanks

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Café Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Café Racer CB400SS
Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Re: Lookign for a performance kit...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 01:38:35 pm »
I would get the first one.  The flat side carburettor is (argueably) a better design and it comes with hte K&N filter and an 18 tooth sprocket.  The second kit has a good carb but it's just a larger version of what's already on there.

The wild card in this for me is the "the 34mm Turbulator".  I don't know what that is or what it does or how it does it.

Any way, that's my opinion on the subject.  I haven't done any modification work to a Bullet yet, but I do have extensive time warming up Vespa style 2 stroke engines.  So thios is just klind of 'for what its worth'.
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Lookign for a performance kit...
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 09:15:15 pm »
The Turbulator has small angled vanes that swirls the incoming mixture (behind the carb) and seems to better atomize the fuel droplets.

At first glance it appears as a gimmick.  But I got one of stock diameter for my stock system on the Sixty-5.  It was cheap, so worth the try.

It fixed some mid-range flatspots during acceleration.  All in all better throttle transition feel.

Regards, Foggy
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter