Author Topic: Texting Bullies.....  (Read 1778 times)

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
on: May 17, 2010, 04:00:07 pm
 Can you imagine? I read about this 'new' type of 'criminal' just recently.....The problem is not the' perp',those types have been around since the beginning of time. The basis
for their success is the real problem-Texting Pussies. Without "'TP's", there would
be no one to intimidate,no one to whine or cry.
So,in summary,new technology combined with current generation of sissies allows
'TB's' to 'wreak' their havoc ..... That's sad.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 04:06:57 pm
I came home from a pretty brutal altercation in the third grade once, battered and bloody, and my Old Man asked me if I had started the fight. I said "No". He allowed that was a good thing because if I had - there was another ass-beating to follow. He then asked me if I'd FINISHED the fight ..... and promised me another good ass-beating if I didn't. This prevented me from being a bully - and also from being bullied. Our kids are being raised just a little polite for my tastes these days. THIS would be a good lesson for about any lid that is picked on. Even the little ones will fight back hard if they have the backing of a guardian.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

DNash

• Idiot
  • Bulleteer
  • '01 Military - "Rocinante"
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 07:42:12 pm
Polite is good. Weak is bad. The difference seems to've been forgotten.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:46:12 pm
I've seen "Polite but not weak" in action - again, with my Dear Old Daddy. He'd give the offender a couple of chances to recant - even to the point of taking the first one on the chin - then pound him into the Earth like a tent stake, all the while asking "Have you had enough yet?" He grew up in the rough and tumble coalfields of Raleigh County in West Virginia, the son of the local moonshine distiller, Constable ..... and traveling lay preacher. I like to tell everyone that he was HUGE powder keg with a really long fuse. He claimed that he didn't like to fight, but he was darn good at it if you riled him past "polite". He taught me some of the same skills, although I did not inherit the upper body strength of a lowland gorilla or fists the size of tavern hams from doing work that would kill three "modern" men ..... That alone kept ME pretty well in line as a recalcitrant youth .... Hahaha!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:52:44 pm
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

oldsalt

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 03:48:54 am
I have always told my children and grandchildren and etc. "Don't fight UNLESS you are quite willing to get hurt and also quite willing to hurt somebody".    That seems to have helped them realize that fighting is serious stuff and to see it as haveing serious consequences.  But in general, I have noticed, the one that is not worried about getting hurt usually wins.   
-2006 Sixty-5
-1941 Knuckle
-Lotza Mini Bikes
-67 Triumph 500
-46 Hiawatha
-67 Triumph 650