Author Topic: For Sale section  (Read 4216 times)

rivers

• Bulleteer
on: May 15, 2010, 12:02:53 am
A for sale section for parts and bike, limited to RE stuff as in no mountian bikes, old engagement rings etc.

Granted I see where CMW wants to keep their honey pot intact but limit the for sale section to private individuals and not allow other commercial vendors ?

Jinx

• Here we go again!
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 02:31:25 pm
 How about a "Trading Post" "motorcycle jumble" or "swap meet section"? I like the wanted section. I think a good one would be a "Free to good home" section.
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

2 ways to get to the top of a tree. Sit on an acorn or start climbing!

2008 RE Classic Deluxe
1990 HD FXST-C
1970 HD XLCH
1942 HD WLA
& probably enough parts lying around to make another bike. LOL!

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:23:41 pm
Paying karma forward is the most popular post.   I love it   one mans junk is another's treasure.
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:06:10 pm
what the fck is that avatar --is it a proboscis monkey?

Any way 'junk' is slang for a mans genitalia so your little statement is a bit off.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 09:04:09 pm
Clamp, I was told I waz uggly, but the girls all liked my nose.
back to the subject,,,, I post on the "brit bike forum"   they have a section to buy or sell, The average Joe may not be able to afford new parts all the time, and we all have piles of ju,,,er old used bike parts cluttering up the garage.   I vote for a new section of FORSALE
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 09:41:46 pm
 ;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

robbw

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 01:30:12 am
Great idea.  ;D ;D

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 03:23:04 am
I concur on the for sale Idea, I just got in trouble with the authorities for a post a little too much towards the "for sale" side of things, I sent Kevin a message back after he let me know I had been censored, stating my feeling that its kinda silly not to let us sell our stuff here since the stuff we would be selling is outside the realm of things that the dealers even cover. sure they have used bikes... but I doubt that enough of us are selling our bikes at any one time to actually hurt their sales... it seems to me to be more of a POWER thing than anything. also there aren't that many dealers around in a lot of areas, and I know that Craigslist and eBay are options but the whole middleman thing bugs me and we are all a family here so why not let us do our thing.

If someone could explain how a for sale section would actually hurt the dealer network that helps sponsor this forum I have an open mind but I just don't get it....
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 11:55:00 pm
@ Clamp....Just when you thought the pondering proboscis monkey was bad, Say hello to the pissed off pickachu!  ;D