Author Topic: Image Posting  (Read 2121 times)

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
on: May 06, 2018, 12:28:16 pm
   Over the last few years I've posted several images of one thing or another, but my posts will always have the resulting full-size image which I know uses more of the available server memory and increases loading times.
   While reducing the image resolution has been quite helpful, many other posts have a tiny image that expands, or opens in another window, when I click on it.
   I've tried the Search for how to post a tiny image that expands, but have had no luck.
   So how is this done?
   Any responses appreciated.  :)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 04:04:30 pm
Your options will probably vary according to which photo hosting web site you use.

I currently use http://www.imageupload.co.uk which offers four different embed codes (eight if you count the HTML as well as the BBCodes, but the BBcode is what you need unless you're posting on the Hitchcocks' forum).

For this forum I would use the Linked medium + Image embed code, OR the Linked thumbnail + Image embed code.

or

Clicking on either image will link to a full-sized version.

The other option is to ignore photo hosting web sites altogether and post your picture as an attachment to the message.

Hope this helps.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 02:28:04 am
THanks, mate, and oooooh those are sweet rides!
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:05:49 am
   Over the last few years I've posted several images of one thing or another, but my posts will always have the resulting full-size image which I know uses more of the available server memory and increases loading times.
   While reducing the image resolution has been quite helpful, many other posts have a tiny image that expands, or opens in another window, when I click on it.
   I've tried the Search for how to post a tiny image that expands, but have had no luck.
   So how is this done?
   Any responses appreciated.  :)

All I do is Drag & Drop the photo into the No file selected box under Attach:

I usually resize photos to Medium or Small if they aren't already. You can then Open the resulting small picture under your text in two ways: click on the picture itself or click on the file type name of the picture printed under the picture.

The picture below is 600 x 800 somethings.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 11:36:04 am
All I do is Drag & Drop the photo into the No file selected box under Attach:

Well, there you go!  I just learned something new...