Author Topic: Anyone up for a game of phototag?  (Read 177915 times)

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
on: May 14, 2010, 07:44:15 pm
I'm currently playing four different phototag games on some other forums, and I was wondering if you guys would like to try it. It's lots of fun, everyone all over the world can play.

It's pretty simple. Someone states the new tag. You ride out and take a picture of your bike in the location or with the object that meets the challenge. If you're the first person to get the tag and post your picture, you get to announce the next tag. I'll give you a few examples of tags I've gotten in the other games I'm playing:

One tag was "Your bike with a fire truck." I went to one of the stations in town that had their bay door open and snapped this picture...

Then I got to announce the new tag.

In another one, the tag was your bike with a boulder of a certain size. I went for a ride up in the hills until I found this one...

One was "Your bike with a vehicle in a field that's obviously been there a long time." I rode around outside of town and found this truck to win the tag...

In another game, the tag was "Your bike in a fast food drive thru." So I went to a burger place and grabbed that tag...

I got some funny looks from people with that one, especially after I took the picture and then rode away without ordering anything; it was good for a laugh.

New tags you can come up with are limited only by your imagination. I've seen some pretty creative ones. So, anyone want to play? The rules are simple:

1. Your bike must be in the picture.
2. If the tag is some sort of a business, national chains aren't allowed. They're too common and make the game too easy.
3. Nothing illegal or dangerous (no pics of you riding a wheelie on the freeway or anything stupid like that).
4. The first person to successfully post the tag is the winner, but if you also got it (but too late) and want to post your pic anyway just for fun, feel free to do so (the point is to have fun riding, and it's cool to see pictures of people getting out and having fun with their bikes).
5. If a challenge is not met within a 48 hour period, the current tag will be dropped and the previous winner will declare a new tag. (We can be flexible with this rule. For example, if the time is up but someone has said they can get it the next morning, it's okay to let the time limit slide a bit to give the person time to do it. But if no one has said they can get it soon for sure, then it's time to declare a new tag.)
6. No Photoshop.
7. Pictures must be taken after the tag was announced. In other words, no using old pictures you've got saved on your computer to win a current tag. That's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game.
8. If a tag proves difficult to find and someone posts a picture that almost meets the requirement (for example, something that's almost as big or almost as old as specified in the tag), it will be up to the person who specified the tag to decide if it's 'close enough'.
9. State the location of the picture (if it's not obvious), just to satisfy everyone's curiosity.
10. You can't get your own tag.

I'll start. First tag: Your bike in front of a vacuum cleaner repair shop (must say 'repairs' or 'service' to prove they do repairs and not just sales).

Let's see who can get it within 48 hours. Go!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:53:34 pm by Slider »
I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:35:51 pm
My compulsive obsessive self is so in.....  starts googling....
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:54:11 pm
I forgot to include rule #10, I just added it to the post above.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 10:10:16 pm
I like it!  Until a month ago I lived a few blocks from a vacuum cleaner repair shop.  Don't think I can get over there before somebody else gets it though... Doh!!!
Eamon
Eamon

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 10:12:41 pm
Check your local yellow pages. There are probably more around than you realize.

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:28:31 pm
i could get that picture in 2 hrs ( shop is 40 miles away) but ,it probly take me 5 days to figgure out how to post it.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 12:37:11 am
It's raining @@%$&

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 01:47:52 am
FTW

The shop was only 15 blocks from my house.. Ran over after supper for the picture so a bit dark..

I think CMW is has upgraded the photo uploads or something because it worked real smooth.

I like Railroads, so for the next photo I would like to see some railroad rolling stock.  New, old, retired, engine, caboose, dinner conversion, as long as its rolling stock.

Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 02:21:42 am
Excellent!

Uh... Exactly what do you mean by rolling stock? I'm unfamiliar with railroad terminology.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 03:06:24 am
Haha! You got it... nice one.
Awesome game!
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 03:47:41 am
Uh... Exactly what do you mean by rolling stock? I'm unfamiliar with railroad terminology.

Anything that rolls on the rails, engines, freight or passenger cars, etc.
2002 Bullet ES

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 04:20:11 am
Gotcha!

Next tag:  Your bike in a parking lot (anyplace else will not count) next to another bike with an engine size bigger than your own.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 04:25:17 am by Slider »

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 02:48:40 pm
There is no comparison between my RE and an Hogedly nor will there ever be.  ;D

72westie

• Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 04:42:03 pm
Does this count??  ;D ;D  Its half of my Enfield next to a 750 Norton Commando Combat.  If so it counts, how about your Enfield next to a classic car or truck  :) 
2001 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Race Bike:
2008 Ahrma Classic 60's #1 Plate
2009 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
2010 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
http://www.bgmotorcycle.com

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 04:53:46 pm
Well, you're supposed to be riding a bike that's running to find the tags, but we'll let that one count this time to keep things moving since we're just trying to get  this game off the ground.

So, a classic car or truck. Hmm, I'll have to do some scouting around...