Author Topic: Lookign for a performance kit...  (Read 2783 times)

donkey

• Scooter
on: December 25, 2007, 05:32:30 pm
Hi guys!
I'm looking for a performacen kit, but need some help to choose between this two. Any experiencies? Thanks

http://www.royalenfieldusa.com/electrax-bullet-performance-p-7014.html
http://www.royalenfieldusa.com/34mm-mikuni-performance-royal-enfield-bullet-p-6987.html

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Café Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
-------------------------------
Café Racer CB400SS
Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES
-------------------------------

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:38:35 pm
I would get the first one.  The flat side carburettor is (argueably) a better design and it comes with hte K&N filter and an 18 tooth sprocket.  The second kit has a good carb but it's just a larger version of what's already on there.

The wild card in this for me is the "the 34mm Turbulator".  I don't know what that is or what it does or how it does it.

Any way, that's my opinion on the subject.  I haven't done any modification work to a Bullet yet, but I do have extensive time warming up Vespa style 2 stroke engines.  So thios is just klind of 'for what its worth'.
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 03:15:15 am
The Turbulator has small angled vanes that swirls the incoming mixture (behind the carb) and seems to better atomize the fuel droplets.

At first glance it appears as a gimmick.  But I got one of stock diameter for my stock system on the Sixty-5.  It was cheap, so worth the try.

It fixed some mid-range flatspots during acceleration.  All in all better throttle transition feel.

Regards, Foggy
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter