Author Topic: I rode a C5 and now I know what the fuss is about,,,,,  (Read 8807 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
I rode a C5 and It is the more better Bullet.

It was only a trip around the super market parking lot but the sameness and difference were noticeable right away.

Better fit and finish. Better welds. Better chrome.
Same Bullet handling' effortless and nimble. Just think where I wanted to go and the bike rode itself readily, cheerfully and without drama.

Engine was very smooth. Noticeably more power. Throttle response was crisp with out being touchy. Sounds like a Bullet engine only precision built.   

The stock exhaust sounds much, much better than an Iron Barrel with the hot pipe removed.
Same thump just deeper like a low restriction with a shorty only not as loud.

Shifting was smooth and positive ( like a perfectly set up and broken in R.H. shift 5 speed with a drag free clutch !  ) 

The solo saddle was the best I ever sat on with only up and down movement. No side tilt or wobble. No unwanted pressure on any riders parts, completely comfortable.

Hooray for disc brakes too !

I fall miserably short in my description here.

The wizards in Chennai hit the nail on head with this one.
 You have to ride one to fully understand what the fuss is all about.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 01:03:59 pm
Now you have an idea why I'm so pleased with my C5, it gives me what I want, and more importantly it gives me what I need. ;D Ice if you were close enough I'd let you take mine for a good long ride in the Ozarks.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:31:39 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 01:13:21 pm
Was this with the stock exhaust?

(Doesn't really matter- I can't afford to have knowledge of this thing you speak of...)
Run what ya brung

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:00:00 pm
Amen, on that C5 review, Br. Mike!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 10:21:59 pm

I fall miserably short in my description here.

Not at all! You're spot on.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 05:32:10 pm
You have described a very modern motorcycle, and millions of riders use them every day with good results. However , don't forget the very reason most Bullet Original riders own one is the fact that it is NOT one of those bikes. Those original Bullets are as rare as the riders with the skills to live happily with them.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 09:32:35 pm
I think the C5 is the perfect compromise ...best of both worlds so to speak.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 10:06:43 pm
I think the C5 is the perfect compromise ...best of both worlds so to speak.

Fully agree with you ! C5 and G5 are the way to go for most people. 

You have described a very modern motorcycle, and millions of riders use them every day with good results. However , don't forget the very reason most Bullet Original riders own one is the fact that it is NOT one of those bikes. Those original Bullets are as rare as the riders with the skills to live happily with them.

Carbureter riders are happy with carbureter Bullets !
So are electronic Bullet riders with their EFI !! Hey best of both worlds - what is there not to like  ;D
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:10 pm
There are also some riders who have the skills to keep a bike running, but don't want to constantly tinker on their bike. ;)
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 11:08:22 pm
Right on, Dannie
We like to spend our time riding not fixing and adjusting. ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:11:53 pm by Chris-G5 »

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 01:45:05 pm
You are all correct, it's a personal choice. Do you want a piece of history (warts and all) or something that closely resembles it?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 05:42:02 pm
I've owned quite a few historical warts, but I want my main ride to be wart free :D
Iron Butt Association

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 11:56:55 pm
Fully agree with you ! C5 and G5 are the way to go for most people. 

Carbureter riders are happy with carbureter Bullets !
So are electronic Bullet riders with their EFI !! Hey best of both worlds - what is there not to like  ;D

My T-Shirt says : Royal Enfield, because even a monkey can maintain a modern bike .

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 11:58:16 pm
No it does'nt. I would like that though.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 12:16:57 am
I'd buy a shirt like that!  :D RE's are easy, ever adjust shim and bucket valves on a three cylinder trimph? :o
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:19:40 am by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association