Author Topic: One Happy Camper  (Read 2343 times)

Big Kid

• Scooter
on: May 01, 2010, 04:33:48 pm
Picked up my Black G5 Deluxe a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember when I've had so much pure unadulterated fun riding.  I couldn't be more pleased! I'm looking forward to many years of  fun and adventure with this bike.I've bought and sold MANY bikes over the last several years but this ones a keeper for sure.
Got to give lots of kudos to my dealer, Marty of GoMoto in Osseo Minnesota.  I can tell that Marty took alot of time setting the bike up perfectly.  Many folks may not stop and think about it but proper dealer set up is so critical to customer's initial experience with the bike and the shop.
Anyone out there in the Twin Cities area who is contemplating the purchase of a new RE head on over to Marty's shop, you'll be very pleased. :)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:27:29 pm
Congrats on the new G5 and welcome to the happy campers club! :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 03:53:48 am by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 08:48:31 pm
I'll be the next happy camper to chime in!  :)

Congratulations on the purchase and I relate to everything you've said. I think mine was very well set up too and initial impressions are very important. I passed the 2,000 mile mark today with nothing more than a blown sidelight bulb to report. One thing I have found very important for a smooth ride is keeping the chain properly adjusted and lubricated. Other than that and a couple of oil changes it has been maintenance free. It's a keeper for sure; I must confess I went through a phase of wanting "a bit" more power -it's always "a bit" isn't it - but I'm over that now. I knew it's limitations before purchase and I actually wanted something that would help me keep my licence. I hadn't had a bike for 12 years either so I guess it was natural to get seduced my the whole speed thing again but now I'm quite happy to hold 65-70 and even happier with the fuel economy.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 03:18:09 am
Congrats fellow campy happers  ;)

I think the best is yet to come.

As more and more UCE's hit the streets and trails I think Its only a matter of time before go faster go and go better goodies and accessories become available.

There's at least one guy in India hot roding his UCE machine now.
They have a nice UCE trail conversion going on in the U.K. too.

There is a G5 in my future.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:34:18 am
Another hear hear and welcome to the happy happy club  :D  Had my Electra Deluxe for five weeks now and just clocked 1000 miles - first bike for forty years and it truly is the most fun you can have with your trousers on!  Now that I'm more relaxed riding I too sometimes have that urge for a little bit more.....  top speed is fine but a little more poke in the lower gears would be nice..... It's a phase I'm sure - I bought the bike for thudding around the old roads in Devon and Cornwall after all, with an occasional thrash along the straights and the odd trip up country, for which it's perfect. The engine has settled in beautifully, way more smooth and eager than at first.
Pure joy. Owning this bike has left a strong feeling that something's been put right in this old fellow's life.
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:10:24 pm
Congrats fellow campy happers  ;)

I think the best is yet to come.

As more and more UCE's hit the streets and trails I think Its only a matter of time before go faster go and go better goodies and accessories become available.

There's at least one guy in India hot roding his UCE machine now.
They have a nice UCE trail conversion going on in the U.K. too.

There is a G5 in my future.

Great to hear there's a G5 in your future! The not too distant future I hope. Your comments are interesting. If Power Commander made something I'd be very interested but only if it retained the original character. The torque is as important as the top end.

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 04:36:22 am
Hi all, I've had my G5 for 6 months now, I've had bikes all my life, all types (No Harleys though) This onee takes the cake. I had reasonably powerful bikes in the past and initially I would have liked a bit more power, but that has gone and the charm of the bike has won me over completely. A Smile a day machine.

Cheers  :)