Author Topic: Happy Meals illegal!  (Read 20118 times)

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 08:15:06 pm
P.S.  My convictions are not open for debate.  (Period.)

Doesn't mean you're right though!

Eamon
happy to live on the "left" coast!
Eamon

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 10:09:51 pm
"Ya say ya want a revolution..."  SoaSoaS82

Now, Br. Soa, I ask you to show me where I stated I wanted a revolution in any section of my statements.

P.S.  My convictions are not open for debate.  (Period.)  Cabo Cruz

Doesn't mean you're right though!  Eamon

Now, Br. Eamon, I ask you to show me where I stated I was right in any section of my statements.  And the Post Script simply states that I am not going to change my convictions.
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 10:35:46 pm
Bug_Catcher: You are on the money.

Papa Juan: You can insist that you will not change the oil. Thats fine. You might just have to change the engine soon.

Forum: If you have not aseen already, see "Food Inc." It is an eye opener.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 10:40:30 pm
Given the history of Br. Cabo's beautiful island, I suspect he has good reason to feel the way he does.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 11:08:31 pm
Given the history of Br. Cabo's beautiful island, I suspect he has good reason to feel the way he does.

I am unaware of the island he is from.

BTW, the video was removed. Just why did they do away with happy meals. I assume it was unhealthy food for kids. Mommy and Daddy dont know any better.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 11:22:02 pm
Now, Br. Eamon, I ask you to show me where I stated I was right in any section of my statements.  And the Post Script simply states that I am not going to change my convictions.

Nowhere, and I didn't say you did.  I was just pointing out that the strength of our convictions (all of us included) is no measure of whether or not we're right.   :)

Eamon
Eamon

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 11:36:19 pm
I remember after getting back from Japan all the food here making me sick.  I ended up having to cook most of my food until I could readjust.  I noticed a lot of strange paradoxes too.  Japan has close to a 70% smoking rate.  You can still smoke in restaurants and bars too.  Yet the cancer rate (especially lung cancer) is like 1/7th of ours.  They also drink like fish and their diets consist mostly of fried foods.

I pondered a long time on what was different in the lifestyles that was keeping these people alive so long.  Still don't really know, but I did notice one thing.  There is very little frozen or processed food in Japan.  There is no /frozen/ section in the average grocery store.  Even all the fried food was fresh meat that you breaded yourself and fried.  With 1200 calories in the average bowl of ramen.... what we put in our food and where it comes from seems to make a big difference. And not necessarily the fat or the tobacco.  The heart disease and cancer rates started going up there in the 80's though, which is when things like McDonald's started popping up everywhere.  Coincidence I think not!

The devil is in the detail. Longevity, health and morbidity are mutifactorial. Genetics and lifestyle play an important role, in addition to what you eat, and how much you eat. Japanese fry their food in good oil (low in PUFA). They eat significantly smaller portions. McD's in Japan, and for that matter in Canada, are radically different than in the US. They also are very physical, few couch potatoes. The philosophy of food is also different, eating to live Vs. Living to eat. They are also generally happier, which helps.

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 12:59:11 am
Generally speaking, weather moves from the west to the east.  There's a pink cloud forming out on the west (or left) coast.  I've personally seen pink clouds turn red in an awful hurry!

So, brace you'selfs, brothers and sisters to the right of center and, also, to the left of center because you might witness the stark contrast between the theoretical (Utopian) and the practical (incarcerating) liberalism you embrace, today!

P.S.  My convictions are not open for debate.  (Period.)

Papa Juan, not here. Don't worry about it. What makes us different from every other culture on Earth, is that we ARE free now, not the other way around. We are the pitbulls that cannot be tamed. Take our freedom, piss us off, and we'll bite your friggin' noogies off.
Every time the left sticks their head up from under ground, it gets bitten off, and they're forced back under ground. This too shall pass.

Illegal Happy Meals? VAT tax? National health care? All over after November. As far as California goes, the tax payers will be bailing them out soon. Hasta La Vista!

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 03:29:55 am

BTW, the video was removed.

Man! Now we can't even watch videos about happy meals...... Just take this old horse out back and shoot me :o
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 04:54:26 am
Information can cause irregularity, unhappiness, a kind of restiveness, and general discomfiture.  We're really all much better off supporting corporate culture and leaving the decisions to people more capable of running things properly.

What's good for McDonalds (and Wal-Mart), is good for America.
That YOU and US;  WE are America.  If we didn't send jobs over seas so Wal-Mart could save money, Wal-Mart wouldn';t be able to keep building more stores, and more stores means more jobs for Americans.   
Run what ya brung

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 03:23:45 pm
Papa Juan, not here. Don't worry about it. What makes us different from every other culture on Earth, is that we ARE free now, not the other way around. We are the pitbulls that cannot be tamed. Take our freedom, piss us off, and we'll bite your friggin' noogies off.
Every time the left sticks their head up from under ground, it gets bitten off, and they're forced back under ground. This too shall pass.

Illegal Happy Meals? VAT tax? National health care? All over after November. As far as California goes, the tax payers will be bailing them out soon. Hasta La Vista!

Ah yes, "the left" is after your freedom!   :o  Yep, we're coming to force you to gay marry a whale while we take away your guns!   :D  It was "the right" that sure seemed to be after your freedom during the last decade.  I'll grant you that examples can be found of morons from EVERY political stripe!  I'm not sure who you consider "the left", but my head is still firmly attached (last I checked, anyway  :P) and I am firmly planted above ground.

Eamon
p.s. good luck in November!
Eamon

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 06:02:38 pm
Its what the American people wanted.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 06:55:09 pm
What makes us different from every other culture on Earth, is that we ARE free now, not the other way around. We are the pitbulls that cannot be tamed. Take our freedom, piss us off, and we'll bite your friggin' noogies off.

FREE ?? Have you read the patriot Act ? May I remind you who was authored the act ? Its interesting how selective memory works.

Anyway its 80 degrees today. Time to go ride !

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 09:44:19 pm
TRUE freedom is anarchy. The "Liberty" that we seek in this country is simply the freedom of the powerful and wealthy that MAKE the laws in the country. TRUE FREEDOM can never happen in a civilized society, but Liberty must be closely guarded by ALL to assure that it is applied equally and without prejudice.

Papa - I think this closely mirrors YOUR point .....
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 12:41:25 am
Ah yes, "the left" is after your freedom!   :o  Yep, we're coming to force you to gay marry a whale while we take away your guns!   :D  It was "the right" that sure seemed to be after your freedom during the last decade.  I'll grant you that examples can be found of morons from EVERY political stripe!  I'm not sure who you consider "the left", but my head is still firmly attached (last I checked, anyway  :P) and I am firmly planted above ground.

Eamon
p.s. good luck in November!

Gay whale marriage?! I knew it!

Commie rats!