Author Topic: Its official...I'm hooked!  (Read 1617 times)

robth100

• Scooter
on: April 27, 2010, 12:05:17 am
So I bought my 2004 Bullet in December.  It and I have been patiently waiting for nice weather and for me to complete a basic riding course.  Well, the course was completed this weekend, got my license updated at lunch today and just got back from my first hour ride on the bike.  What a blast to ride.  Also got my first stare while gassing it up from some folks at the other pump.  To be honest I'd been a little worried all these months wondering if I had made the right decision in buying this....but needless to say, all that worry went away the second I pulled out of my driveway!

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 01:20:48 am
Also got my first stare while gassing it up from some folks at the other pump. 

Get used to it!  :)
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

bullethead63

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Run what ya brung..." Paul Saint Clair
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 01:47:50 am
Welcome to the club,brother...you are now an official good-will ambassador for Royal Enfield! Learn the history of the brand,spread the word...and most of all,Happy Motoring!Be safe,Matt Law/Bullethead63~
1959 Royal Enfield/Indian Chief 700~(RED)~1999 Bullet Deluxe 500 KS~(BLUE)~2000  Bullet Classic 500 KS~(WHITE)~2002 Bullet Classic 500 ES~(GREEN)~1973 Triumph Tiger 750~(BLUE & WHITE)~Ride-Wrench-Repeat~your results may vary~void where prohibited by law~batteries not included~some assembly required~

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 02:06:04 am
 :) ;) :D ;D 8)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 02:32:17 am

It's quite amazing how much fun riding a motorcycle designed some time near when I was born (1953) can be. It's also a relatively slow machine, but still fun to ride.You can still have a blast riding around country roads at 40-50 mph on a Royal Enfield Bullet!!

Welcome,

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 04:38:44 am
HELLUVA GOOD DEAL!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

robth100

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 03:29:00 am
Got my Bullet out for its first real ride (and mine) today.  Did about 60 miles through the back roads of New Hampshire.  I won't lie, the pucker factor was at a 7 out of 10 at times as this is still so new to me...but I had a fun time and the bike handled great.  Went with a friend that owns a Harley and met him at his place to start the ride.  Wasn't there a minute when his neighbor from across the street comes running over saying "Hey, sweet RE"  She said she heard the "thump, thump, thump" as I was pulling in and knew it was an RE in her neighborhood.  Apparently she and her husband have been living in India for work (she just came back this morning for a few weeks) and they own two RE's over there.   They are looking to have them shipped back once the work assignment ends this fall and wants me to go riding with them.  Funny how things work out sometimes.

charte

• Bulleteer
  • Whether you think you can or can't, you're right.
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 04:08:16 am
Welcome to the club!

If you're like me, you'll now start volunteering to do a sorts of errands for the family.  I'll take a special trip for anything!

I imagine it's amazing riding in New England.

Enjoy!

1969 Bullet
2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic
2017 Moto Guzzi VII Special

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 04:46:30 am
Wasn't there a minute when his neighbor from across the street comes running over saying "Hey, sweet RE" 

I'll bet your friend never had her run over saying "Hey, sweet Harley"!

Congrats on the RE.
2002 Bullet ES

bri

• Scooter
  • rust belt iron barrel
Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 04:03:01 am
I agree.  I am at about 100 mi. on my new to me 2k Bullet and love it quirks and all.
2000 Bullet Deluxe

charte

• Bulleteer
  • Whether you think you can or can't, you're right.
Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 02:08:53 pm
Love the enthusiasm!

You know, another benefit of the RE design is that it's really easy to ride in an urban environment.

Believe me, I love the country and mountain roads the best, but I live in the DC area, and traffic is a reality.  My Bullet is light and nimble, and the 500 has great bottom end torque for stop and go.

Just thought I'd throw out that great aspect of the bike too.
1969 Bullet
2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic
2017 Moto Guzzi VII Special

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 04:43:31 pm
Welcome to the club indeed, ;D Welcome.  The Obsolete simplicity of our Bullets Make them among the most "user friendly" Machines on the road today 8).  The low compression allows them to digest almost any grade of gasoline. (This will likely become more important in the future.) ::) With simple maintenance your iron maiden should give you many years of enjoyment.
1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?