Author Topic: Right shift kit arrived or I hate the Post Office  (Read 3380 times)

Hulscat

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 02:04:40 am
Well,as much as I hate to admit it,CMW was indeed out of stock...I pulled the trigger on eBay,for $207,saved over $100,and I WILL be spending at least that much with CMW,so I don't feel too bad..

I finished my install last weekend, still getting used to reversed feet and new shift pattern. The install went smooth, the worst part was removing the LH shift linkage and crossover shaft. A lift would have helped, or a cutting torch if one was handy. There are 2 bolts on the back of the gearbox that have to be backed out a few inches to remove that shaft. Without a lift you will be flat on your back with your head half under the bike. To remove the linkage boss you have to drive the foot peg bar all the way past it because the inner primary case blocks it in.

Oh btw the seller I had looked at on Ebay included the sealed mainshaft bearing as part of the kit--that will save a few dollars and some searching.

One more thing- if I had it to do over I would have ordered a new kick start pawl, once you are in there you might as well do it.