Author Topic: Replace Turn Signal Indicator Bulb in Speedometer - Easy Way  (Read 4017 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
In my G5, its turn signal indicator bulb in the speedometer stopped working and I needed to replace it.  Did a search on the Forum where it was recommended to remove the headlight to access it -  

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,1611.0.html

I fiddled around and found a quick and easy way.  Stand on the right side of the bike just behind the handle.  Keep the handle bar  slightly turned to the left or straight.  Look up at the underside of the speedometer dial. It is a little hard to see it right away because of two reasons - there is a mass of jumbled up cables and wires and secondly it is dark there.  First push the throttle cables to the left, and turn on a bright flash light to see the underside of speedometer dial.    

Behind the speedometer cable, there are 3 round, black, cylindrical, rubber bulb holders attached to the underside of the speedometer.  On the extreme left (on left side of bike) is high beam indicator, the middle one is for neutral indicator, and on the right side is for turn signal indicator.  Use a long nose pliers to pull it out of its hole.  It is a push-pull type bulb holder socket.  Replace the bulb with 12 V 3 watts, BA 9 type bulb.  Push it back into its hole and viola you are done. No need to remove the headlight.  

In the picture below, the tip of the screw driver indicates the hole where the turn signal indicator bulb holder fits.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:17:03 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

billy2sheds

• Scooter
i wish i had found this post a couple of weeks ago,i went in through the headlight it was still a struggle. ;D

Gordon

• Bulleteer
How difficult is it to remove the headlight? Its a matter of only loosening one screw, not even taking it out completely. And this way it won't give you an ache in your wrist or fingers trying to squeeze in the little gap from the other side.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:24:36 pm by Gordon »

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
It's a good idea to put a green LED in there - very visible even in bright sunlight. Same for neutral light.
Today's top tip  -  no charge   ;)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

gus

• Scooter
what size led and where do I get it  Gus

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
superbrightleds.com

green for turn and neutral  -  BA9s-G4-32
white for pilots - BA9s-W4-32

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
superbrightleds.com
green for turn and neutral  -  BA9s-G4-32
white for pilots - BA9s-W4-32

Did mine last winter... really nice to be able to see the neutral indicator during the day... ;D

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
It was your list of part numbers which got me onto it Mike - thanks for that. Couldn't find that post for Gus so took the nos. from the invoice.
Incidentally Gus, if you're also going to fit the rear light LED (1157-R19W6) it'll only work as a dual purpose rear & stop light when you fit it the right way, although it'll fit the socket both ways. 
Don't try to replace the engine management light with LED.