Author Topic: India vs US Features  (Read 3879 times)

Kruiser

• Bulleteer
on: April 19, 2010, 04:01:25 pm
I believe the Classic 350 (C5) in India has a 19" front wheel, which has been professed to offer improved handling, and both Classics have a kickstart.    Will both of these desirable
features be available in the US.  And if not, why?

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 06:44:21 pm
Good question..

Putting on my evil corporate employee hat on I would say no.. If they changed the offering that would be tantamount to a exec in the marketing dept admitting to making a mistake..   If customers demands are different it's the customers fault for not really understanding what they want,  marketing drives the product and deployment, not the customer......

That said,  RE is probably a much nicer company to deal with than were I work so who knows, Maybe?
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:31:17 pm
I believe the Classic 350 (C5) in India has a 19" front wheel, which has been professed to offer improved handling, and both Classics have a kickstart.    Will both of these desirable features be available in the US.  And if not, why?

In India, Classic 350 has 19" front and 18" rear wheels.  And its beautiful cousin, Thunderbird Twinspark with 350 cc engine has 19" front and rear wheels.  Both of them have carburetors.  Don't know if they will pass the emission standards of US or EU.  If they do, they can fill a gap between 250 and 500 cc with the added advantage of kick start.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:46:55 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 03:40:13 pm
I think export market will have something to cheer about in near future as RE has designed something like the Indian thunderbird but a bit lowered, fat rear tyre, 500 EFI engine, lowered tank, single meter, and awesome looking seat with mat finish paint job on engine.  Thats from someone who was shown the bike in its design stage. So after the cafe version is out first for export then they might bring out the other bike. But we down here will again have to wait for donker years before we can even touch it.

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 06:54:51 pm
When the UCE first came out it was stated that the C-5 would not have a kick because "Americans would not buy one with both electric and kick start"

I would like to hear from a top guy at RE in India if that is still their marketing strategy.

They do read this forum, right ?

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:35:22 pm
Does anyone know the e-mail for Enfield in India? I will write and ask them what their plans are for the C-5  re. a kickstart . I really want one, but having no kickstart is a total  deal breaker.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:39:25 pm
I would have bought my C5 with a kickstart if it had been there. I wouldn't use it, and don't mind not having one. I've kickstarted enough motorcycles that my hip is worn out :P
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 05:52:08 pm
I sent an e-mail to India asking why no 19' tires or kick, and my question was answered with the question : why are you  interested in these options. Maybe someone else might have better luck.

email is customerservice@enfieldmotors.com

Kruiser

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 07:28:47 pm
I sent an e-mail to India asking why no 19' tires or kick, and my question was answered with the question : why are you  interested in these options. Maybe someone else might have better luck.

email is customerservice@enfieldmotors.com

That's strange.  I just sent them an email as well.

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 05:01:24 pm
 I have received a 2nd e-mail from India. They said that they will look at the US forum. So if anyone has something  to say, now would be a good time to do so.

Kruiser

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 05:44:09 pm
I have received a 2nd e-mail from India. They said that they will look at the US forum. So if anyone has something  to say, now would be a good time to do so.

This can't be the first time they've heard we want a kickstart, can it?  I never got a reply by the way.

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 06:29:59 pm
Kruiser,

Keep after them, thats what I plan to do.

Kruiser

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 06:45:06 pm
I was actually hoping that someone from R.E.USA would answer the question, or at
least shed some insight.    Maybe it is "top secret" information. 

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 07:23:06 pm
Kruiser,

You were right. It is top secret!!

I just got another e-mail from India. It goes..We cannot disclose information that is confidential...Keep in touch about future products.

Very good. I will keep in touch through this forum.

How about a bike that looks like this but with a UCE.

http://www.royalenfield.com/images/Products/bullet-350-landing.jpg